Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

I would love to add Goodson. He has looked really good in a limited role in both Carolina and Oakland. He would be good in a rotation.

@WilliamsonNFL: Have been calling for Revis to #Buccaneers for quite a while now-just makes too much sense

@WilliamsonNFL: Revis/Wanny/Schiano/Big East/Pitt/Huge CB Need/Aggressive Front Office....Revis to #Buccaneers
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    The Jets have their sights set on a top 5 pick next year. Doing an awesome job so far with these names being involved.
    Seriously what are you expecting, I'm a glass half empty type of guy but you got to be realistic.

We are going for young guys who might not have had a fair shot at other ball clubs, they fit out price range and we can fill multiple holes and build depth with guys like this.

Who do you want, Harrison,osi,Wallace etc. cone on bro give them a chance!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Seriously what are you expecting, I'm a glass half empty type of guy but you got to be realistic.

We are going for young guys who might not have had a fair shot at other ball clubs, they fit out price range and we can fill multiple holes and build depth with guys like this.

Who do you want, Harrison,osi,Wallace etc. cone on bro give them a chance!
    So true. Goodson instantly becomes the best RB on the Jets roster. Again, they would upgrade a position and incur little cost, ZERO downside to that move if pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    That first article is funny. Florio, the nerdy news aggregator with no actual connections, definitively decides what is fair price for revis and also that no other teams than the bucs are interested.

Yet when it comes to trade rumors about teams he likes, he will always build up the "darkhorse" possibility, hoping to help the trading team's yield. But hey the gossip business is better when the jets get bad deals.
    There is a realization that you need to consider. New York is a huge market.

And while gum-flapping New Yorkers do not make up the majority of the sports internet, there is a large amount of the country that dislikes gum-flapping New Yorkers with a certain amount of passion.

So they tune in to enjoy our misery. We aren't really their target audience, but we certainly are the target of their abrasion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Would really like a Goodson signing. Didn't realize he was a FA.

Kid has never really been given a fair shake but has shined seemingly every time he has stepped on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Jets are not signing any vets with age. They are going young, building throught the draft, etc... We need to see what Powell and Mcnight can do with more of a load and draft another in the mid rounds.
    Goodson's only 25.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    don't want the jets to overpay for landry. they can draft a safety this year w/o his injury history who is a better cover guy.
    Last year the safety options in free agency were thin to threadbare to say the least and other than Mark Barron(who ended up going before we picked)the draft too was a bit barren

We actually did pretty well to upgrade with the likely 1year rentals of LL and Bell while adding some possible future potential in Allen and Bush

This year there are a few more options in FA and the draft appears to have quality and depth throughout...in short,this is the year to re-stock

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @WilliamsonNFL: Have been calling for Revis to #Buccaneers for quite a while now-just makes too much sense

@WilliamsonNFL: Revis/Wanny/Schiano/Big East/Pitt/Huge CB Need/Aggressive Front Office....Revis to #Buccaneers
    After that wouldn't it be great to then see...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets sign CB Darrelle Revis to incentive laden contract extension..thought to be around 11 million a year...

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So true. Goodson instantly becomes the best RB on the Jets roster. Again, they would upgrade a position and incur little cost, ZERO downside to that move if pulled off.
    I think people just can't wait to jump all over and **** on every move we make, big name regurgitated players was a philosophy that never worked under Tanny.

People should be embracing the change in how we approach the FA period, we can fill multiple holes with young talented players with upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Last year the safety options in free agency were thin to threadbare to say the least and other than Mark Barron(who ended up going before we picked)the draft too was a bit barren

We actually did pretty well to upgrade with the likely 1year rentals of LL and Bell while adding some possible future potential in Allen and Bush

This year there are a few more options in FA and the draft appears to have quality and depth throughout...in short,this is the year to re-stock
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What am I not getting about Devito? I mean, he's fine. I just don't see the guy as a great player worthy of a bidding war.
    I agree 100%

Our run D wasn't all that in 2012 despite DeVito playing pretty much every game yet in 2011 it was better with him missing significant time and Marcus Dixon doing a solid job.

I think Pouha is a bigger loss

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    Goodson's only 25.
    Read back! I wasn't responding about Goodson. I was responding to a post where someone was saying we sign Leon.

When Shefty reports it.

@AdamSchefter: As @ProFootballTalk reported, Buccaneers are a potential landing spot for Jets CB Darrelle Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I think people just can't wait to jump all over and **** on every move we make, big name regurgitated players was a philosophy that never worked under Tanny.

People should be embracing the change in how we approach the FA period, we can fill multiple holes with young talented players with upside.
    True. People would rather see the Jets sign Steven Jackson or Michael Turner, and then complain in week 3 of the season that are slow and over paid.

When Shefty reports it.

@AdamSchefter: As @ProFootballTalk reported, Buccaneers are a potential landing spot for Jets CB Darrelle Revis.
    and buffalo is a potential landing spot for gino smith.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Jets are not signing any vets with age. They are going young, building through the draft, etc... We need to see what Powell and Mcnight can do with more of a load and draft another in the mid rounds.
    And that is the right way to do things IMO.....

If these rumored moves come into fruition, Good Job Idsik!

@MoveTheSticks: Here's the last minute buzz I'm hearing: Jake Long-STL, Reggie Bush-DET, Chase Daniel-KC or NYJ, Goldson-TB, Cassell-MIN or TB,

Jets Insider VIP
    When Shefty reports it.

It's heating up

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    But have him leave his wife in Seattle.
    NICE!!!!

Well deserved