Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    I like the names the Jets are being linked with - Daniel at QB, Gibson at WR, Goodson at RB, Butler at OLB. Younger players with talent who won't break the bank but who could emerge with more playing time and a change of scenery. Hope we can add some of these guys.
    the best thing about it is that there appears to be one, consistent philosophy to rebuild the team. the jets haven't had that in a long time. if the jets get multiple picks in a revis deal it will be very interesting to see how he uses them. i doubt he trades up at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    5 teams in the mix for Mevis!?!?! I hope so!!!

Per SB Nation:

[Edit by John B, 03/12/13 4:02 PM EDT ] Jason Cole now says you can add the 49ers, Falcons, and Lions into the discussions as well. That's good news If you're going to make a trade, it's best to have as many suitors as possible involved.

Jason LaCanfora says the Philadelphia Eagles have joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a potential trade partner for the Jets regarding Darrelle Revis.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...les-in-the-mix

Music to my ears... maybe, just maybe the Jets will get a nice haul here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/12/40...ly-destination

If Revis is traded, he will likely be sent to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio.

At best, it's a package headlined by a second-round pick this year or possibly a first-rounder in 2014. Under these circumstances, a 2013 first-round pick for Revis doesn't make sense.

I could live with Tampa's #2 this year and their #1 next year...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets?

@ProFootballWkly: RT @chargers: The #Chargers have officially released defensive tackle Antonio Garay.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And there you have it folks..

Brandon Gibson - WR - Rams Free agent Brandon Gibson will visit the Jets on Wednesday.
    The Jets have identified their top target, and it's a No. 3 receiver. Gang Green appears to be the only team seriously pursuing Gibson at the moment, but his pre-FA buzz suggests that will change soon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the best thing about it is that there appears to be one, consistent philosophy to rebuild the team. the jets haven't had that in a long time. if the jets get multiple picks in a revis deal it will be very interesting to see how he uses them. i doubt he trades up at all.
    Exactly right, because Tannenbaum was in charge, and he had no football philosophy, because he is not a football guy. This is a very refreshing change of pace. It feels like the Jets are a real football team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Exactly right, because Tannenbaum was in charge, and he had no football philosophy, because he is not a football guy. This is a very refreshing change of pace. It feels like the Jets are a real football team.
    very refreshing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    And there you have it folks..
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets are targeting RB Mike Goodson to replace Shonn Greene. MG will pay a trip to Florham Park to meet Idzik & Co. #nyj

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum was definitely a football guy considering all of his experience.

He just had the wrong plan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Goodson... Guy is 26 and has never really gotten a chance to start. Profootballfocus had he and Reece as doing better than McFadden so that is always a good sign. Adds a lot of speed as well.

Still, the Jets success will 100% come down to the QB position, as it does with every other team. Only QB in this draft I see with potentially great upside if things go the right way is EJ Manuel. Less chances with Nassib and even less with Glennon. Others like Geno I just don't see it happening with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: Chiefs reached agreement in principle on three-year deal with former Saints QB Chase Daniel, who played at Missouri.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: Chiefs reached agreement in principle on three-year deal with former Saints QB Chase Daniel, who played at Missouri.
    Grrr that sucks. They must be paying him well because he definitely would have had a better shot at starting here in NY.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was just about to mention Goodson. He's been rumored on NFL.com for the last couple hours at least with the NYJs. I'd recommend going there for the latest info instead of these tweet heads.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

As for Goodson, he looks like a good player when healthy. Sounds like he can catch the ball extremely well out of the backfield as well, with averages of 8 and 12 yards per catch the last few seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mikegoodson/80644/profile

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: Jets are interested in re-signing FA guard Matt Slauson, per source. He is also drawing interest from the Giants, Raiders and Cowboys.

@ConorTOrr: Matt Slauson got calls from both Rex and Devlin, the new O-line coach today. Definitely still some interest in keeping him in NJ. #nyj
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 05:10 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is no diff then McKnight and Powell. None R over 210 lbs.. U need a POUNDER NOW!!! A BRUISER RB over 220 lbs to thro in the mix and smash up teams..

McKnight is a Fumbler
    Powell is Pretty Good but not everydown RB
    Goodson is 210 lbs like BP & JMK

JETS BETTER DRAFT A RB LIKE CHRISTINE MICHAEL or MARCUS LATTIMORE! U NEED A BIG RB ON UR TEAM ALWAYS!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: Several teams focused on Drew Stanron now in the dwindling QB market. Jets, Dolphins and Falcons among those interested

@MMehtaNYDN: I'm told free agent QB Drew Stanton has no interest in returning to the Jets after the debacle last season. #nyj
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: Bears remain the strongest suitor for FA guard Brandon Moore. #nyj

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: Bears remain the strongest suitor for FA guard Brandon Moore. #nyj
    So sounds like NYJ will let BMoore walk....

And no chatter about signing a OL

A prelude to Warmack @ 9?

IDK pure speculation on my part....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: Several teams focused on Drew Stanron now in the dwindling QB market. Jets, Dolphins and Falcons among those interested
    Amazing if Stanton comes here after last off-season's debacle.

If the Jets land a guy like him, he is going to want assurances he has a good chance to start.

Beginning to think Sanchez may well be gone sooner than most of us expected.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Amazing if Stanton comes here after last off-season's debacle.

If the Jets land a guy like him, he is going to want assurances he has a good chance to start.

Beginning to think Sanchez may well be gone sooner than most of us expected.
    Or at least riding the pine in 2013......