Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 573

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,197

    Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets have interest in Rams FA WR Brandon Gibson, according to a source #nyj

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets have also told free agent WR Braylon Edwards they have interest in re-signing him, but it sounds like they will explore options first.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,197
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Gibson had two touchdowns against the Jets in their game last year. #nyj



    Well that pretty much seals the deal for Rex. Consider him a Jet.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,797
    he's young and fast. as far as i know he was always healthy. i think he'd be a nice addition.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,936
    Here's to hoping a Victor Butler deal goes down by the end of the week.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    i still want to keep braylon



    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    he's young and fast. as far as i know he was always healthy. i think he'd be a nice addition.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Here's to hoping a Victor Butler deal goes down by the end of the week.
    +1 fills a big need.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Gibson had two touchdowns against the Jets in their game last year. #nyj



    Well that pretty much seals the deal for Rex. Consider him a Jet.
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    The #Jets do have an interest in Rams WR Brandon Gibson, per source -- as noted by @BrianCoz.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i still want to keep braylon
    I agree they need a big bodies WR who can block.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I agree they need a big bodies WR who can block.
    isn't that why they drafted hill? b/c he sure as heck can't receive.

  10. #10
    I'd take Gibson. Be a nice veteran to have. Schillens didn't pan out for us and Gibson has more game experience. Goes along what the Jets are doing this year. Affordable veterans. Nothing great but I'd be happy with him. Doesn't mean we can't resign Edwards later or draft a wr. I'd be happy with him.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,197
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    We noted Gibson in our primer this AM. Per source, though, there's still heavy competition in AFC East #nyj | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ee_agency.html

  12. #12
    Rob Gronkowski led league in highest % of targets converted to 1D or TD. Second? Brandon Gibson with 57.3%.

    -PFF

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    We noted Gibson in our primer this AM. Per source, though, there's still heavy competition in AFC East #nyj | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ee_agency.html
    Update: Citing a person with knowledge of the Dolphins' discussions with wide receivers, USA Today confirms that Gibson is indeed seen as a "fallback option" in case the team swings and misses on Wallace. Gibson is also expected to draw interest from the New England Patriots, New York Jets, and Buffalo Bills, completing the AFC East sweep.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566




    Free agency is ready to start. It sure sounds like Darrelle Revis' representatives and the New York Jets are worried about getting left out in the cold without a trade partner.

    A trio of reports have surfaced that suggest the New York Jets and Revis' agents are frantically trying to create a market for the cornerback through the media. Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday night that the Jets' "lack of cooperation" with Revis' agents have hurt a potential deal.



    10 reasons you need Revis

    The rumors are swirling that Darrelle Revis could be on the move. Adam Rank shares 10 reasons why Revis should be on your team. More ...



    ProFootballTalk.com reported Monday that the Jets have a "good" offer on the table for Revis, but another source tells PFT the financial part of the deal hasn't been shared with his agents (more "lack of cooperation"). The Jets haven't given permission for Revis' agents to talk to teams. Does that sound like a team ready to make a trade? How could a deal be considered good if the agents don't even know Revis' potential contract numbers?

    Meanwhile, the New York Daily News emphatically reported Tuesday that the Jets are "poised to trade" Revis, saying the two sides are "headed for a divorce." One source told the newspaper that new general manager John Idzik would be an "idiot" if a deal is not completed by the end of Wednesday.

    "Woody Johnson is never paying him," a source told the Daily News.

    That seems clear enough. That doesn't mean another team is ready to pay Revis too. All of the stories include conflicting information and sound unsure about the footing of their reports. The same Daily News report that says the Jets are "headed for a divorce" ends with the following question:

    "Will the Jets pull the trigger?"

    The answer: No one knows. And it's probably scaring the heck out of Revis' representatives, with so many NFL teams planning to spend money on cornerbacks not named Darrelle Revis.
    Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,197
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Update: Citing a person with knowledge of the Dolphins' discussions with wide receivers, USA Today confirms that Gibson is indeed seen as a "fallback option" in case the team swings and misses on Wallace. Gibson is also expected to draw interest from the New England Patriots, New York Jets, and Buffalo Bills, completing the AFC East sweep.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
    HHMMMM.....who would you rather play with? Brady or Sanchez/Garrard??

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,360
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i still want to keep braylon
    Keep Braylon for what honestly? This team is not trying to win anything big this year. We are obviously in total rebuild mode. Why not let the younger guys play and if we do bring someone in, let him have upside and be someone who can be here in the future. Braylon offers nothing for us in a rebuild year, all he does is blocck us from seeing who'll truly be here in the coming years.

    This team doesn't need aging Vets unless its for a position we can't fill with young dudes.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,164
    Nicholas Dante Spano (@NickSpano) tweeted at 0:48 PM on Tue, Mar 12, 2013:
    People will like that RT @MMehtaNYDN Jets QB competition may be getting more interesting. told the Jets are expected to pursue Chase Daniel
    (https://twitter.com/NickSpano/status/311519051358814209)

    Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Nicholas Dante Spano (@NickSpano) tweeted at 0:48 PM on Tue, Mar 12, 2013:
    People will like that RT @MMehtaNYDN Jets QB competition may be getting more interesting. told the Jets are expected to pursue Chase Daniel
    (https://twitter.com/NickSpano/status/311519051358814209)

    Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Manish banned me from twitter for ripping him up a year ago lol. That is why I had to get it from some no name that retweeted.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #19
    is daniel on a roster?

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    colts were in total rebuild mode last year....sorry but the JETS are not thinking that 2013 is a 3-13 season....they are pros and will try to win as many games as possible...this team came off of a 6-10 season...not 2-14...braylon wants to be a jet and was the best receiver when he came back last year and he was injured....nothing wrong with having his experience on the squad in 2013.



    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Keep Braylon for what honestly? This team is not trying to win anything big this year. We are obviously in total rebuild mode. Why not let the younger guys play and if we do bring someone in, let him have upside and be someone who can be here in the future. Braylon offers nothing for us in a rebuild year, all he does is blocck us from seeing who'll truly be here in the coming years.

    This team doesn't need aging Vets unless its for a position we can't fill with young dudes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us