Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free agent S Dawan Landry is visiting the Jets on Wednesday.
    He's a candidate to replace his brother, LaRon, though he's coming off a sub-par campaign for the Jaguars. Primarily a run stopper, Dawan struggled in coverage last season. He was released earlier this month. He'll come cheap, which is what the rebuilding and cap-strapped Jets need. Gang Green has holes all over its defense.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFLSTROUD: Bucs' first-round pick is in play for Jets' Revis. http://t.co/oi3Nsx3xTO
    that article was from 3/18 by the way, at first i thought it was something new

ljr

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Free agent S Dawan Landry is visiting the Jets on Wednesday.
    He's a candidate to replace his brother, LaRon, though he's coming off a sub-par campaign for the Jaguars. Primarily a run stopper, Dawan struggled in coverage last season. He was released earlier this month. He'll come cheap, which is what the rebuilding and cap-strapped Jets need. Gang Green has holes all over its defense.
    We dont need this type of safety again

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    that article was from 3/18 by the way, at first i thought it was something new

ljr
    Guess that's why it was posted on 3/18?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tampa Tribune is confident that Darrelle Revis trade talks between the Bucs and Jets will "heat up again" as April's draft approaches.
    The Bucs are "holding tight" to the 13th pick in the draft, which Jets GM John Idzik desires. It's possible the trade won't happen until Tampa Bay formally goes on the clock. On Sunday, Profootballtalk.com passed along "belief in league circles" that Buccaneers ownership is all for a Revis trade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    We dont need this type of safety again
    At this point there's no sense trading Revis until the draft. Signing a safety before the draft is unnecessary also. Everyone that needs a safety has already signed one. Now we can wait and see how the draft falls, and if we end up with a safety or two we won't need any. Very deep safety draft. We do need one strong safety though, and one free safety. Nice to see our front office being run by professionals for a change. I sure do hope they take this same patient approach to the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RapSheet: From Total Access: According to someone who spoke to #Jets CB Darrelle Revis recently, he's "not optimistic" a deal with #Bucs gets done.

@RapSheet: Not that Darrelle Revis wants to leave #Jets. He's been clear he'd like to stay. But his best chance of a new $$$ is with #Bucs. #Staytuned
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-05-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RapSheet: From Total Access: According to someone who spoke to #Jets CB Darrelle Revis recently, he's "not optimistic" a deal with #Bucs gets done.

@RapSheet: Not that Darrelle Revis wants to leave #Jets. He's been clear he'd like to stay. But his best chance of a new $$$ is with #Bucs. #Staytuned
    It's starting again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It's starting again.
    My guess is that its Revis agents floating things out again.

I think we're two weeks out from anything serious developing. A week from the draft up until Draft night things will really start to heat up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the low CB market has made more likely than ever that Revis signs an extension.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I think the low CB market has made more likely than ever that Revis signs an extension.
    I hope you are right but I don't see that happening

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    More likely than ever is still 0%. Revis has never, and will never sign a deal until he holds out. Why would anyone think he would change now?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    More likely than ever is still 0%. Revis has never, and will never sign a deal until he holds out. Why would anyone think he would change now?
    He can't hold out. There's a clause in his contract that the Jets keep him for 3 low cost years if he holds out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Can confirm offensive guard Stephen Peterman is in NY meeting with Jets...if they sign him tomorrow he will compete for a starting spot...

@MMehtaNYDN: Free agent guard Stephen Peterman, who started every game for Lions the past 3 seasons, will be visiting Jets tomorrow, I'm told. #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Stephen Peterman would replace Brandon Moore at right guard if everything medically checks out and Jets sign him. #nyj
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-07-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He can't hold out. There's a clause in his contract that the Jets keep him for 3 low cost years if he holds out.
    why doesn't that comfort me with a disgruntled Mevis.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Can confirm offensive guard Stephen Peterman is in NY meeting with Jets...if they sign him tomorrow he will compete for a starting spot...

@MMehtaNYDN: Free agent guard Stephen Peterman, who started every game for Lions the past 3 seasons, will be visiting Jets tomorrow, I'm told. #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Stephen Peterman would replace Brandon Moore at right guard if everything medically checks out and Jets sign him. #nyj
    This would be a very good signing and would most likely end the chance of us drafting a guard with the first pick.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it precludes them from drafting a guard. Maybe not at 9, but depends on their board. This guy from Detroit is basically a journeyman who is 31 years of age. he is a year younger than brandon Moore, why not just keep Meat? Probably pricing reasons.

Anyway, it is more of an indicment on Vlad and other backup types we currently have at guard.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    I don't think it precludes them from drafting a guard. Maybe not at 9, but depends on their board. This guy from Detroit is basically a journeyman who is 31 years of age. he is a year younger than brandon Moore, why not just keep Meat? Probably pricing reasons.

Anyway, it is more of an indicment on Vlad and other backup types we currently have at guard.
    Not a stud, but a starter and not a journeyman. He has been a starter for 5 years with Detroit. Better than anything we have.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post

This

It may end the chances of Warmack/Cooper in the 1st round, but it shouldn't prevent us from taking an OG in the 2nd or 3rd.

Like you said, Peterman is a 30+ year old mediocre at best starter and Colon has missed close to 40 games over the past 3 years.

Who wants to see Ducasse getting significant playing time?

I sure as hell don't.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Not a stud, but a starter and not a journeyman. He has been a starter for 5 years with Detroit. Better than anything we have.
    And Detroit has had one of the worst OL's in the league over the past few years.

Saying that Peterman is better than anything we have isn't saying much.

Who do we have at the guard spots? An injury prone Willie Colon and guys like Ducasse and Schlauderaff?

I don't see how anyone could be comfortable with that. If we decide to pass on Warmack/Cooper in the 1st round, then we should give heavy consideration to guys like Pugh, Long, Winters, and Dallas Thomas in the 2nd/3rd.

The OL used to be the foundation of this offense. Now we're playing musical chairs every year.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 04-07-2013 at 10:47 PM.