Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

I would get such a kick out of the Jets signing Stanton and then proceeding to release Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @BrianCoz: Bears remain the strongest suitor for FA guard Brandon Moore. #nyj
    Good. Take a friggin' hike, fatso.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Moore had a good year for us last year...

But RG is a position that you can generally cheap out at.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    So sounds like NYJ will let BMoore walk....

And no chatter about signing a OL

A prelude to Warmack @ 9?

IDK pure speculation on my part....
    Not sure what's going to happen at G, but banking on Warmack being there at 9 is a risk.

Draft is deep at OL, so if he's not there I'm sure they'll pick up a G lower down.

@MMehtaNYDN: I'm told free agent QB Drew Stanton has no interest in returning to the Jets after the debacle last season. #nyj

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    @MMehtaNYDN: I'm told free agent QB Drew Stanton has no interest in returning to the Jets after the debacle last season. #nyj
    The sign and trade or Mark Sanchez performance?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

CUT EVERYONE....LET ALL THE FA'S WALK

We'll start the 2013 Wagner College Seahawks instead

Why the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Moore had a good year for us last year...

But RG is a position that you can generally cheap out at.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    CUT EVERYONE....LET ALL THE FA'S WALK

We'll start the 2013 Wagner College Seahawks instead
    LOL. You live on the island?

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Why the hate?
    Not hate. Just don't want to waste any time with the guy. He could have stayed, but wants out. Fine. Enjoy mediocrity with some other team.

Ugh

@BrianCoz: Jets have interest in FA quarterback Jason Campbell, per source. #nyj

Ugh

@BrianCoz: Jets have interest in FA quarterback Jason Campbell, per source. #nyj
    Please, no.

Ugh

Why? We just signed Garrard. Mark is still on the roster. So is Tebow.

Are they really going to go with 3 veteran QBs and not draft a QB? If they do draft a QB are they going to carry 4 QBs on the roster? This is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The sign and trade or Mark Sanchez performance?
    2 words: Tim Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

Are they really going to go with 3 veteran QBs and not draft a QB? If they do draft a QB are they going to carry 4 QBs on the roster? This is stupid.
    Tebow won't be on the Jets by May, at the latest.

Maybe we go into camp with like 8 QBs, all stiffs. Campbell, Garrard, McElroy, Simms, Sanchez would be a really sad group.

All Pro

I'm encouraged that the Jets are being linked with every available QB, and their little dogs too.

To me, every guy they sign brings us one step closer to dumping Sanchez.

I still expect a high draft pick on a QB of the future, whatever happens in FA.

Tebow won't be on the Jets by May, at the latest.
    Even still, Matt Simms is still under contract. Greg McElroy is still under contract.

Currently the Jets have 5 QBs under contract. Bringing in Campbell makes that 6 QBs. Then they may or may not draft a QB. That's 7 QBs.

I get that Tebow is gonna get cut. But still, they haven't cut Simms or McElroy. Both players are making peanuts. What's the logic with Campbell unless they are worried that Garrard is gonna get injured... and if that's the case then WTF is the point signing a guy with an injury problem? We're wasting cap money trying to find an incumbent QB. It's stupid IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good God

You people b*tched your lungs out last year about not bringing in respectable competition for Sanchez.

Now we bring in Garrard and have interest in Campbell...but that's totally unacceptable?

Uhhhh...okay.

Would Chase Daniel really have made you guy feel so much better? You know, the 6 foot nothing QB who has thrown for a total of 55 yards and 0 TD's in his career?

Even still, Matt Simms is still under contract. Greg McElroy is still under contract.

Currently the Jets have 5 QBs under contract. Bringing in Campbell makes that 6 QBs. Then they may or may not draft a QB. That's 7 QBs.

I get that Tebow is gonna get cut. But still, they haven't cut Simms or McElroy. Both players are making peanuts. What's the logic with Campbell unless they are worried that Garrard is gonna get injured... and if that's the case then WTF is the point signing a guy with an injury problem? We're wasting cap money trying to find an incumbent QB. It's stupid IMO.
    I'm guessing cutting Simms won't cost anything. Releasing McElroy, if they want to, also won't cost much, if anything. Not sure how much, if any, of Garrards $ is guaranteed. Same would apply for Campbell.

So it would be one big tryout come OTAs and early TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Good God

You people b*tched your lungs out last year about not bringing in respectable competition for Sanchez.

Now we bring in Garrard and have interest in Campbell...but that's totally unacceptable?

Uhhhh...okay.

Would Chase Daniel really have made you guy feel so much better? You know, the 6 foot nothing QB who has thrown for a total of 55 yards and 0 TD's in his career?
    I didn't b!tch about it last year. I thought Mark would play better.

I'm totally against bringing in a bunch of failures and calling that competition. I like Jason Campbell as competition, talked about it a few weeks ago as an alternative to the garbage being thrown around (Garrard and Quinn). Now that we signed Garrard, a move I dislike for the aforementioned reasons, why the hell are we going after Campbell too?

Unless they are all signing 1 year non guaranteed deals then so be it. I doubt that's happening. We're wasting resources trying to throw a bunch of sh!t at the wall to see what sticks. That's not how I'd like my team approaching the QB position.