Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    i live less than an hour away from tampa...i know tons of bucs fans here and the majority would like revis. they have nothing to do with the deal...they just want a high caliber corner....i like what the jets are doing...if they can't get a 1 then no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've been glancing at a few different Buc boards over the past few days and the vast majority want nothing to do with him.

And why would they?

Why give up multiple picks and dish out a huge contract to a CB coming off ACL surgery when the FA market is littered with quality corners?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    In the end, I think the Jets are going to have to take the Bucs deal of the
    2nd this year and the conditional 1st next year.

Now that conditional 1st may not be that bad. All depends on the Bucs schedule next year.
    I would take that in a second, I don't think the Bucs would do that though. It would be better to have two firsts next year anyways.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure about that. His contract demands are going to be a big hangup for other teams. That's part of the reason why nobody wants to trade for him now.
    The Sean Gilbert of CBs.......

I hope his salary drops like a lead balloon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    if a conditional 1st is in it....i'm more than cool with that

Quote Originally Posted by meatboy View Post
    I would take that in a second, I don't think the Bucs would do that though. It would be better to have two firsts next year anyways.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've been glancing at a few different Buc boards over the past few days and the vast majority want nothing to do with him.

And why would they?

Why give up multiple picks and dish out a huge contract to a CB coming off ACL surgery when the FA market is littered with quality corners?
    Again, Jets luck, if you want to call it,

Their one trade chip is a player at a low value position and who got injured last year.

Really frustrates me that the Jets have done this correctly and they are going to lose in the end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sean gilbert is his uncle and advises him on this....on trying to get as much coin as possible....i don't blame the jets for not budging.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The Sean Gilbert of CBs.......

I hope his salary drops like a lead balloon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meatboy View Post
    No the Bucs would do that because they would be banking on the fact that their 1st next year is going to be lower than this year because they would be a better team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: LaRon Landry very likely to sign with the Colts tonight. Would leave the 49ers and the next visit for Ed Reed if he doesn't sign with Texans

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Antwan Barnes set to visit Jets tomorrow

@vikes42: Going to the green and white tomorrow....#letsgetadealdone

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greygoose11 View Post
    @vikes42: Going to the green and white tomorrow....#letsgetadealdone

Antwan Barnes Antwan Barnes ‏@vikes42
    "@DOLFANLES1: @vikes42 HOW ABOUT AQUA AND ORANGE? Come home to the Dolphins!"---they didn't call

ROFL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No the Bucs would do that because they would be banking on the fact that their 1st next year is going to be lower than this year because they would be a better team.
    I just dont see us getting a 1st next year and a 2nd this year, hope Im wrong

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @gregcosell: Key to Bray's NFL career will be coaching. Has impressive physical attributes but needs much work with subtle details of position. A process

@RUSSLANDE: @gregcosell - The problem as we both have discussed is that QB fundamentals may well be the worst coached thing in the NFL!

@RUSSLANDE: @StevePalazzolo @gregcosell - Footwork, delivery/release.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ConorTOrr: Nothing official yet, but hearing the #jets may not be done moving $ around with player contracts. No pay cuts, just more restructuring.

@nyjetscap: @ConorTOrr Logical choices would be Mangold (has to be done by tomorrow 4PM) and maybe Harris.

@nyjetscap: @ConorTOrr People will hate this idea but they should rework Sanchez if they have any intention of spending money

Mark Sanchez- Of course I saved the best for last. I think we all agree that the dead money charge associated with cutting Sanchez, over $17 million in 2013, is simply unreasonable. In a prior posting I outlined the realistic trade market which is probably going to still hit us with $14 million in dead money. So the bottom line is that barring a miracle the Jets are stuck so we need to make the most out of a bad situation and do what we can to reduce his $12,853,125 cap charge. Now what I am going to propose is based on the thought that the Jets can not trade him this season.

I am going to reduce Sanchezí base salary to $715,000, give him the remaining $7.535 million in the form of a signing bonus and also fully guarantee and prorate his $500,000 workout bonus. What does this do? It reduces his 2013 cap charge to $6,826,875 while increasing his 2014 cap by $2,008,750. If a miracle happens and Sanchez is the man the added money onto the future cap is no big deal. If he stinks well the dead cap in 2014 rises from $4.8 million to $10,826,250. While that number is difficult it is far better than the $17+ million in 2013 if we release him. It gives us an avenue to actually release Mark in September if he simply canít play and becomes a distraction to the team. I like the idea of helping my team now and dealing with the dead money in 2014, which still represents a savings of his current 2014 cap number of $13.1 million.

Now if the Jets believe there is a trade market for Sanchez I would prorate less of the deal and have him keep around $3 million in salary that transfers to the trade partner. Under that scenario Sanchezí 2013 cap is $8,540,625 and the dead money in 2014 is now $9,112,500. As I type that out that may be more reasonable and a safer play, but that is a decision that the Jets have to make as it pertains to his perceived trade value. I think he is so damaged that a trade may be very difficult, so Idopt for more immediate cap room, but either is acceptable.
    2013 Savings: $6.026250 million in Cap and $0 in Cash
    2014 Savings: ($2.00875) million in Cap and $0 in Cash

http://www.nyjetscap.com/2013_Articl...cap-part2.html
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets interested in him last season?

@MMehtaNYDN: LB Antwan Barnes is visiting the Jets tomorrow, per source.

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets are looking for a pass rusher. Antwan Barnes has 23.5 sacks in 6 seasons. Had 11 sacks for Chargers in 2011. #nyj
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: OLB Victor Butler, who could be a diamond in the rough, is visiting the Steelers tomorrow. Several teams interested

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: LB Antwan Barnes is visiting the Jets tomorrow, per source.

Per source. .. you mean the tweet the player in question sent out 30 minutes before. What an ass, lol

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian Rapoport ********@RapSheet

RT @AlbertBreer: Chad Ochocinco agrees to terms with the New York Jets, per team source.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @KMart_LI: #Jets haven't discussed a contract restructure w/ David Harris. Told @ combine that a Sanchez restructure wasn't on table or likely #nyj

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68 View Post

RT @AlbertBreer: Chad Ochocinco agrees to terms with the New York Jets, per team source.
    Lol no fing way. I say bs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68 View Post

Please tell me this is a joke.