Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    I like the guy, but 3 years for $6.9 m was more than I expected (per PFT). He can still be worth it. I just thought we could get him a lot cheaper.

Well when you figure that Greene signed for 3 yrs $10 million in Tenn to be the backup then the deal doesn't look bad at all. Especially since he'll probably be getting 50% of the playing time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What about the Butler Kid from the Cowboys. Have he signed anywhere yet.

May be following Rob Ryan to New Orleans. I don't think he makes it here for a visit.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets have expressed interest in S Dawan Landry, I'm told. No visit scheduled as of now. (His brother, LaRon, left #NYJ to sign with Colts).

@JasonLaCanfora: Hearing that Kevin Boothe, one of top OL still on market, taking to NYG, his most recent team, as well as CAR, NYJ and AZ

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    May be following Rob Ryan to New Orleans. I don't think he makes it here for a visit.
    That's what I fear aswell, he would be PERFECT for us. The other two names, Boothe and D.Landry are good players themselves... I like the players the Jets are looking at...

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets have expressed interest in S Dawan Landry, I'm told. No visit scheduled as of now. (His brother, LaRon, left #NYJ to sign with Colts).
    A couple days after the Jets lost Pro Bowl safety LaRon Landry to free agency, the Daily News has learned that his older brother, Dawan, may reunite with Rex Ryan.

Gang Green has expressed interest in Landry, according to sources. No visit has been scheduled to this point.

The Jets lost both starting safeties (LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell) in the first few days of free agency. They also cut Eric Smith, leaving Ryan with two inexperienced safeties in Antonio Allen and Josh Bush.

Dawan Landry, who was cut by the Jaguars last week, played for Ryan and defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman in Baltimore. Landry, 30, endorsed Ryan to his younger brother last year before LaRon signed a one-year deal with the Jets.

Known as a heady player, Landry’s familiarity with Ryan’s defense would be a welcomed addition for a defense that will undergo a makeover this offseason. Landry played four seasons with the Ravens (2006-10) before signing with the Jaguars in 2011. He has started every game in the past four seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    CMart, have you seen any reports or speculation about where Pollard might end up? I searched around and couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    CMart, have you seen any reports or speculation about where Pollard might end up? I searched around and couldn't find anything.
    I haven't. Possibly Indy w/Pogano?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    The Saints have no money. If we really want him we can get him.

53 man roster of only QBs

@JasonLaCanfora: QB Jason Campbell drawing interest from the Bears, his team last season, as well as the Browns and Jets

Steelers | Victor Butler leaves without contract
    Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:17:51 -0700

The Pittsburgh Steelers met with free-agent LB Victor Butler (Cowboys) Friday, March 15, but he left without a contract.

Comment | Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune - Larry Holder | Share:

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2NfVRP2S6
    Nice, let's get Butler or Dumervil done Idzik!!!! If we can get either one of these guys I will be pumped for 2013, F all the naysayers!

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per @MikeReiss, the #jets showed interest in bringing Danny Woodhead back before #Chargers swooped in.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per @MikeReiss, the #jets showed interest in bringing Danny Woodhead back before #Chargers swooped in.
    Read that they were deciding on re-signing him or signing Goodson. I'm glad we went with Goodson because I think the Pats offense catered to Woodhead's skill set.

Hall Of Fame
    I haven't. Possibly Indy w/Pogano?
    That would make sense.

And that tweet you posted from Irsay might fit with this.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    @RavensInsider: Bernard Pollard visited the TItans, according to a league source.

Rookie
    Would love for the Jets to take a flyer on TE Fred Davis (I know he is coming off a injury) who played with Sanchez at USC. Let's at least give him some help at a cheap cost.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Would love for the Jets to take a flyer on TE Fred Davis (I know he is coming off a injury) who played with Sanchez at USC. Let's at least give him some help at a cheap cost.
    He is very similar to Dustin Keller, only that Keller produced more numbers during his career and did not get into legal troubles (Davis was suspended for failing a drug test and has an ongoing lawsuit for a club altercation, accused of spilling his drink over a woman). Davis has great potential as a receiver and we are short on playmakers but I think the better way is to select a more complete TE in the draft. He could come cheap though and then the Jets could look into him.

Hall Of Fame
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Arena team wants Tebow (at least someone does) http://wp.me/p14QSB-7CTF

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    John Idzik: "We're focused on Darrelle's rehabilitation." Refuses to comment on speculation or "internal talks or talks with other clubs"

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    Idzik won’t say definitively that Revis will be on the team in 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    Idzik claims there has been dialogue with Revis’ agents, contrary to what Revis’ agents have said.

Idzik on Jets’ multiple defensive losses: “It’s still early in free agency. We all need to be patient.”

Idzik on if he wants Tim Tebow on the team: “Let’s just let this play out.”

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @RapSheet: John Idzik says he "hopes" Darrelle Revis will be at the team facility when offseason conditioning begins.

Veteran
    I want our starting OLBs to be Barnes and Butler. They both should come cheap. Still around 13 mil in cap space. fill the rest of the needs via draft.