Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes Refuses to Restructure (But then he does)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    + $2.5M in cap savings in 2014
    But if they cut him next year it's $2.5m against the cap and $8.25m in cap savings.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Doubt it. Big cap hit if they do. $11.25m if they cut him this year. $2.5m if they cut him next year.
    But how much do we have to pay him if he's on the team?

Me personally, I would rather see Bray, Hill and a rookie as a rotation on the wideouts than keeping Holmes on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    questions for the holmes haters, i keep hearing that he's a locker room cancer and that he divides the locker room, but other then his outburst 2 seasons ago, what has he done?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    His contract is an albatross around the team's neck. And it is that contract which is the big impediment right now, not the fact that he was named captain two years ago.
    Yes I agree, My point was that Rex obviously made that decision, Mr T was just doing what his coach wanted.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yes I agree, My point was that Rex obviously made that decision, Mr T was just doing what his coach wanted.
    right, I'm sure thats how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    2011-blew up lockerroom, didn't talk to Sanchez for an extended period of time (like over the course of 6 games)

2012-major injury, unfriendly contract

Questions?
    Consistently short arms balls over the middle.

Catches with his chest not hands.

Routinely blames the QB on camera (as opposed to talking to him on the sideline)

But the end all be all for his him being one of the biggest POS in sports, is the fact that he is as talented as they come. Great hands, doesnt shy away in big moments, exceptional route runner - but we never got that player because he just doesnt care.

Id rather eat the dead cap money and make a statement by kicking him to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Right but it still was a dumb move.
    Without a doubt and its one of the main reasons why I have grown tired of Rex's act.

Hall Of Fame
    But if they cut him next year it's $2.5m against the cap and $8.25m in cap savings.
    If you cut him this year it accelerates the money he would have counted next year, into this year, thus freeing up more money in 2014.

Send a message

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Load up the dead money THIS year, if the Jets know that keeping Holmes beyond this season is not going to happen, just cut him now and absorb the money this year.
    I don't care about the cap implications this year.Send a message that malcontents and players who only think of themselves are goners. Cut the guy, lets get a boatload of picks for Revis and draft Robert Woods to replace Holmes

right, I'm sure thats how it works.
    It obviously had been working that way with T and Rex...You been hiding under a rock?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

is Sanchez going to restructure? IMO his extension and contract is more of an issue for this team then Holmes. whats the word on all the other guys we've heard the board clamoring for restructuring? Brick, Sanch, Harris, Mangold? lets face it, clearly Tanny messed this team up beyond repair.
    It is not beyond repair. We just have to accept the fact that this year is over before it starts. Trade Revis for picks. Suck for Luck or whoever the #1 QB in the 2014 draft will be. Cut Sanchez, Holmes and Harris next year, restructure a deal or two and we are in fine shape with lots of young talent and a boat load of cap room to be major players in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Rex was a moron for that stunt. But one thing that Mr. T cannot hide behind is that he is responsible for the language in the contracts. Rex clearly got his way when it came to personnel issues. But I doubt very seriously that he made Tannenbaum write the contract language for Holmes or Revis and Sanchez for that matter.

It is not beyond repair. We just have to accept the fact that this year is over before it starts. Trade Revis for picks. Suck for Luck or whoever the #1 QB in the 2014 draft will be. Cut Sanchez, Holmes and Harris next year, restructure a deal or two and we are in fine shape with lots of young talent and a boat load of cap room to be major players in FA.
    in other words, undo all the damage that tanny did.

In my life as a fan of the team, Holmes has been the easiest player to hate. Overrated talent, overpaid and completely selfish. I will have a toast when this d!ck is no longer on the team.

Quite possibly my least fav Jets player of all times and that includes guys like McCairnens, Ardriene Clark and Wayne Hunter.

The day that overrated ass clown is off the team will be a day to celebrate.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If you cut him this year it accelerates the money he would have counted next year, into this year, thus freeing up more money in 2014.
    Problem is there is not alot of cap space this year and the jets still have to sign/replace about a dozen free agents and sign all of their draft picks. I don't think accelerating money into this years cap is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Rex was a moron for that stunt. But one thing that Mr. T cannot hide behind is that he is responsible for the language in the contracts. Rex clearly got his way when it came to personnel issues. But I doubt very seriously that he made Tannenbaum write the contract language for Holmes or Revis and Sanchez for that matter.
    I agree, I guess more anything they share the blame

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    In my life as a fan of the team, Holmes has been the easiest player to hate. Overrated talent, overpaid and completely selfish. I will have a toast when this d!ck is no longer on the team.

There are offsets in Holmes contract. The Jets should have been prepared to release him if he turned down the contract reduction. If they do not it sets a precedent the next time you try it. It almost forces the Jets to release him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Quite possibly my least fav Jets player of all times and that includes guys like McCairnens, Ardriene Clark and Wayne Hunter.

The day that overrated ass clown is off the team will be a day to celebrate.
    In my history as a Jet fan, Holmes is the only receiver I ever wanted to see knocked out by our opponent as he stretched out for a catch. Just a complete scumbag.