Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holmes agrees to restructure

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Holmes is the #1 guy the Jets needed to get off of their roster if they wanted to rebuild. Holmes is a disruption to the players and has set a negative tone on the field.

Revis' problems are with the team and the FO but I've never heard of him being a bad team mate in the huddle.

Overall I think this is not a positive move for the Jets but who knows, maybe Holmes will shape up this year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I have been laughing at posters who insist we are in a rebuild mode. It just never happens in the NFL these days. The Colts did not plan on rebuilding, the year luck was available, they lost Manning and were forced into a terrible season.

As far as the long term effect of a Holmes Restructure can we wait a few hours to see the details. If they deferred 2 million of his guarantee to next year is that really a devestating blow? They already went out and signed a super cheap QB in Garard. Its not like they are giving up 1st round picks for Matt Flynn etc..

As i noted earlier, Jets fans are the whiniest collection of fans i have ever seen.
    Yes and no.

Its an internet thing more then a Jets thing. Go to any teams BB fan site and you will find the same whining nonsense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been laughing at posters who insist we are in a rebuild mode. It just never happens in the NFL these days. The Colts did not plan on rebuilding, the year luck was available, they lost Manning and were forced into a terrible season.

As far as the long term effect of a Holmes Restructure can we wait a few hours to see the details. If they deferred 2 million of his guarantee to next year is that really a devestating blow? They already went out and signed a super cheap QB in Garard. Its not like they are giving up 1st round picks for Matt Flynn etc..

As i noted earlier, Jets fans are the whiniest collection of fans i have ever seen.
    Just having a discussion and speculation of the potential implications of front office thinking. I don't view that as whiny. And no it's not devastating to pay him more next year (as I pointed in my post that that wasn't really my concern)

I'm not calling for the end of the world here. What are we supposed to do? I thought that was the point of the board to discuss what we think may or may not happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

True, because there were a couple possible restructures that would not have pushed a lot of money into next year. Jason's site had a good write up on them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Now we have plenty of cap space to re-sign Revis
    You joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. All indications are that they want to trade Revis. The way Idzik does business, it seems like he is eager to allow bad info to leak out. Get the Revis camp nervous about their being a lack of suitors for his talent and then make a call to a panicked/in the dark Revis' agent and convince them to take a reasonable 12-13 million per year deal or try his luck in a ever dwindling market for CBs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Now we have plenty of cap space to re-sign Revis
    dont open up that can of worms now LMFAO!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. All indications are that they want to trade Revis. The way Idzik does business, it seems like he is eager to allow bad info to leak out. Get the Revis camp nervous about their being a lack of suitors for his talent and then make a call to a panicked/in the dark Revis' agent and convince them to take a reasonable 12-13 million per year deal or try his luck in a ever dwindling market for CBs
    winfield was just released. there's another one out there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i hope it's incentive laden.
    At this point I'll be happy if he simply does not just flip the ball to the other team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets told him his rump was going to be cut if he didn't most likely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree here. Most people on this board are happy to pay Revis 12mm a year. (i'm one of them) but drew the line there.

If the market conditions have the Revis team understanding that's about all he's going to get, I say go for it. clearing 3mm this year to keep Revis long-term and having to keep Holmes next year. I'm 100% board

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is now underrated by Jets fans as a whole IMO due to the enormous amount of hate.....He is still a very good player, other issues aside.....Yes he is probably overpaid and yes he is not the perfect teammate, but I really didn't hear anything bad last season about him

Holmes was also playing well for the most part last season before the season ending injury (The Dolphins couldn't stop him if you guys remember the game down @ Miami)

Honestly, he's really our only proven playmaker on the offensive side right now

But carry on.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Holmes is now underrated by Jets fans as a whole IMO due to the enormous amount of hate.....He is still a very good player, other issues aside.....Yes he is probably overpaid and yes he is not the perfect teammate, but I really didn't hear anything bad last season about him

Holmes was also playing well for the most part last season before the season ending injury (The Dolphins couldn't stop him if you guys remember the game down @ Miami)

But carry on.....
    I like Holmes, on the field....forgetting his off field crap, I think him, Edwards, Kerley and Hill could be a solid corps for _____________ to throw to.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    I like Holmes, on the field....forgetting his off field crap, I think him, Edwards, Kerley and Hill could be a solid corps for _____________ to throw to.
    Agreed.....That's a nice 4 Wr's

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    First we got, 7 pages of complaints about Holmes being a jerk for not being willing to restructure.
    Now, here comes 7 pages of complaints about the fact that the Jets restructured Holmes contract.

What a miserable fan base the Jets have. No matter the move, most of you will find a reason to be upset.
    some are giving credit to him for being a team player (finally). your picking out all the negative posts, that in itself is being a negative fan. Im sure its the hurt of Revis.. I for 1 will miss his miss, he led with his play.. Unlike Sanchez who can only lead with his mouth..but I agree with trading him due to current state of team.. had MT not screwed this tem up so bad im sure we would find a way to keep Revis.. he will live on with the Jets through your name..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Team player.
    Nice

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    No reason Holmes couldn't have a DeShawn Jackson like role in MM's offense.

Well....no reason other than there's no one (yet) who can get him the ball....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

But carry on.....
    746 yards
    654 yards
    272 yards

In his three years here he had THREE games over 100 yards in the reg season.

No, he is not some great play maker.

He is paid as a #1 WR
    He acts like a #1 Wr in total primadona fashion.
    He performs like a #2 guy.
    Terrible low character guy with a bloated salary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

But carry on.....
    He's had one decent season, Jets or otherwise. He's not underrated. He's paid as a top 10 receiver even though he's never been remotely close to being one. Not even remotely close. He's top 30-40 at best right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    746 yards
    654 yards
    272 yards

In his three years here he had THREE games over 100 yards in the reg season.

No, he is not some great play maker.

He is paid as a #1 WR
    He acts like a #1 Wr in total primadona fashion.
    He performs like a #2 guy.
    Terrible low character guy with a bloated salary.
    I don't take any yardage seriously with the crap we had at QB/the conservative nature of our offense

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    First we got, 7 pages of complaints about Holmes being a jerk for not being willing to restructure.
    Now, here comes 7 pages of complaints about the fact that the Jets restructured Holmes contract.

What a miserable fan base the Jets have. No matter the move, most of you will find a reason to be upset.
    You won't hear me complaining about him not restructuring.

He is a human piece of trash and I wish he was gone. Now we are stuck with him and he likely makes more money that he does not deserve.

The funny part of our fan base is that it has just as many lemmings as it does crabs. But only the lemmings pretend to be in the minority.