Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 655

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Are you willing to take less compensation in order to get that concession?
    What's more or less compensation? At this point, the 2nd and 4th is the fee for the 1 year rental. No?

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    +1,000,000,000, who wants to watch a guy do his job that well. It's boring. Love the old days when our best corner was toasted each week.

    Now THATS entertaining
    and it didn't feel like a national holiday every time our offense got in the end zone?

    Yeah, those WERE the days . . .

  3. #183
    What I believe is happening here is that the Bucs and Jets have agreed on a trade, and the Bucs and Revis' camp are negotiating a contract - which we all know how that goes. The Jets stick their heads in only for stipulations which affect them.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    and it didn't feel like a national holiday every time our offense got in the end zone?

    Yeah, those WERE the days . . .
    Hahaha!

  5. #185
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    and it didn't feel like a national holiday every time our offense got in the end zone?

    Yeah, those WERE the days . . .
    Which has nothing to do with Revis doing HIS job. We're talklng about the player and his play being boring. All he does is shut down the other teams top WR.

  6. #186
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Which explains the years he lead the league in tackles behind the line of scrimmage?

    Yet still takes nothing away from how much talent he had. He was a force that had to be accounted for each week by opposing teams. No matter how much people downplay his play he was a guy you had to watch for. Never was the case for Lyons or Salaam.

    Yes he was an excellent pass rusher but that was his game. Lyons was a consistent dependable lineman who played the run very well. Klecko was in my opinion the best all around lineman who could do much more then just rush the passer.

  7. #187
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    +1,000,000,000, who wants to watch a guy do his job that well. It's boring. Love the old days when our best corner was toasted each week.

    Now THATS entertaining
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

    Football is entertainment. I watch football to be entertained.

    And I fail to see what is so goddamn entertaining about watching this sh*tastic offense struggle just to get in the endzone once a game.

    This is a matter of resources, get it?

    Are you in favor of paying a CB, regardless of how great he is, franchise QB money? Are you in favor of giving a corner a contract on par with franchise signal callers who have won Superbowls and account for over 4,000 yards and 35-40 TD's a season?

    If we tie up that kind of money in Revis, say bye bye to Wilkerson in two years. Oh, and if you want to fix the offense, then we better start knocking the ball out of the park on these mid-late round draft picks. You know, the guys who have about a 5-10% chance of ever becoming anything more than a career special teamer?


    Trade Revis to the highest bidder and move on.

  8. #188
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    +1,000,000,000, who wants to watch a guy do his job that well. It's boring. Love the old days when our best corner was toasted each week.

    Now THATS entertaining
    You see the thing is that when Revis gets traded and we don't have the best CB in the league anymore we'll still have a top 5-10 CB on our team not getting toasted each week. #Cromartie

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Which has nothing to do with Revis doing HIS job. We're talklng about the player and his play being boring. All he does is shut down the other teams top WR.
    First of all, unless you're at the game, how can you "enjoy" Revis if he isn't even on the screen half the time? And even if you are at the game, why would you watch him instead of the ball?

    Regardless, some of us are talking about the pros and cons of trading him. If the overall team can improve by him leaving, then I'll be the first to escort him out the door. Others think that blasphemy.

    Like someone already said, some are loyal to the player, others are loyal to the team. My butt is firmly planted in the latter . . .

  10. #190
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

    Football is entertainment. I watch football to be entertained.

    And I fail to see what is so goddamn entertaining about watching this sh*tastic offense struggle just to get in the endzone once a game.

    This is a matter of resources, get it?

    Are you in favor of paying a CB, regardless of how great he is, franchise QB money? Are you in favor of giving a corner a contract on par with franchise signal callers who have won Superbowls and account for over 4,000 yards and 35-40 TD's a season?

    If we tie up that kind of money in Revis, say bye bye to Wilkerson in two years. Oh, and if you want to fix the offense, then we better start knocking the ball out of the park on these mid-late round draft picks. You know, the guys who have about a 5-10% chance of ever becoming anything more than a career special teamer?


    Trade Revis to the highest bidder and move on.
    And I'll say it loud and clear. Revis has nothing to do with the fact that Tanny screwed the O and didn't put talent there. Or that he hung his star to Sanchez. Or overpaid whichever old or broken down player he did bring in.

    Because a Tampa or especially a 49r team with Revis and their O will look mighty nice to people in the stands.

    While paying his contract.

  11. #191
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    First of all, unless you're at the game, how can you "enjoy" Revis if he isn't even on the screen half the time? And even if you are at the game, why would you watch him instead of the ball?

    Regardless, some of us are talking about the pros and cons of trading him. If the overall team can improve by him leaving, then I'll be the first to escort him out the door. Others think that blasphemy.

    Like someone already said, some are loyal to the player, others are loyal to the team. My butt is firmly planted in the latter . . .
    It's amazingly goofy to me that some Jet fans are so smug that they can whine that a player is too good and is therefore boring. This has to be the dumbest logic ever.

    And once again, really slow, it's about the player, not the team, cap etc. Talking about his play being boring. I want him traded, doesn't mean I will then down play his talents to stroke myself into believing his contributions were minimal or not entertaining

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

    Football is entertainment. I watch football to be entertained.

    And I fail to see what is so goddamn entertaining about watching this sh*tastic offense struggle just to get in the endzone once a game.

    This is a matter of resources, get it?

    Are you in favor of paying a CB, regardless of how great he is, franchise QB money? Are you in favor of giving a corner a contract on par with franchise signal callers who have won Superbowls and account for over 4,000 yards and 35-40 TD's a season?

    If we tie up that kind of money in Revis, say bye bye to Wilkerson in two years. Oh, and if you want to fix the offense, then we better start knocking the ball out of the park on these mid-late round draft picks. You know, the guys who have about a 5-10% chance of ever becoming anything more than a career special teamer?


    Trade Revis to the highest bidder and move on.
    One of the only fans to finally get why Revis must go. You don't tie up QB money in a CB.

  13. #193
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,185
    Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO ProFootballTalk now says Bucs have a deal on table for Revis but deal not good enough for Jets.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO ProFootballTalk now says Bucs have a deal on table for Revis but deal not good enough for Jets.
    Oh man. Hope other teams are interested

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO ProFootballTalk now says Bucs have a deal on table for Revis but deal not good enough for Jets.
    I don't believe that's the case. I think the Bucs are working on a contract with Revis' agents.

  16. #196
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,484
    Here's the truth - Ruth

    I think in general us Jet fans have had few players to really cheer and be proud of based on performance and perception around the league. The fact that we drafted and groomed a HOF player (1st ballot) brings a certain loyalty that as fans is hard to disengage with. With the added fact that we have drafted well over the years outside of Mangold & Brick means that even with the small amount of success we had in 09/10 fans aren't going to be happy when Revis is traded; he's one of the only things we can hang our hat on over a 7 year career as a Jet.

    I'll miss him; but his attitude and the NFL landscape of how players are paid dictate that you find and pay your franchise QB 14-20m a year, not a Franchise CB. Period, end of story.

    See ya later Revis, thanks for your contribution.

  17. #197
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,185
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    Oh man. Hope other teams are interested

    Me too, I just hope the Jets are not desperate and fold to just get a deal because Woody pulled the strings of his GM to get a deal done.

  18. #198
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,659
    He ain't going nowhere . You heard it here first

  19. #199
    What happened to the eagles?

  20. #200
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    One of the only fans to finally get why Revis must go. You don't tie up QB money in a CB.
    We all know why he has to go, I know why and that it has to happen.

    Doesn't mean he isn't worth watching or that he's a bore. Thats plain goofy or a way to stroke yourself over his loss.

    His contract and his demands wont be missed but his play will be missed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us