Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Patriots are asking for permission to look at recent medical reports on #Revis knee! (Now what HATERS!) #IBN

Bwa-hahahahahahaahaahaha

This f-ing guy....lol

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Bwa-hahahahahahaahaahaha

This f-ing guy....lol
    LOL!!!!! Hilarious!!!

Bwa-hahahahahahaahaahaha

This f-ing guy....lol
    Sure. Trade him to NE for four 1st round pics, and a conditional 4th (just because).

Done.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    We have larger issues than where Revis plays.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 03-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Excellent for the Revis front. Terrible for Black.
    Bwa-hahahahahahaahaahaha

This f-ing guy....lol
    You missed the real rumor. He claims the Pats offered this year's first, next years second, and a conditional pick for Revis. Too bad he is almost never right.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets need a guaranteed 1st, not a contingent one. This is an exclusive opportunity to get an elite player. Once that player hits FA there is no longer any exclusivity. As such, there is a premium involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    You missed the real rumor. He claims the Pats offered this year's first, next years second, and a conditional pick for Revis. Too bad he is almost never right.
    I got it. I think it's either fake/false/made up or doesn't have a chance in hell of happening if it's true. There's two major obstacles there that makes it not worth looking into unless someone meaningful starts talking about it.

Four 1sts, and a conditional 4th will get it done I'm sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    That makes no sense, Revis is going to get the big contract by sitting out another year? His best way to get paid is to come back and be the Revis of old. A team will pay up for that quality but no team is going to pay up if he has been out for two years straight.
    You realize that the bolded is the same rationale behind a holdout, right? Which Revis was counseled to do by his camp? That said, his No. 1 goal is a new deal in 2013. He'll do anything to get it.

That's why there are all these rumors out there. They're coming from Team Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    That conditional pick should be like in the NBA trades. The Jets can chose a Pats' first rounder for the next 5 years so when Brady finally retires and the team sucks, the Jets can get the high pick.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You realize that the bolded is the same rationale behind a holdout, right? Which Revis was counseled to do by his camp? That said, his No. 1 goal is a new deal in 2013. He'll do anything to get it.

That's why there are all these rumors out there. They're coming from Team Revis.
    A hold out after a series of pro bowl seasons perhaps makes sense. A hold out after a major injury makes zero sense if he is trying to get the best deal possible. The Jets are not going to over pay him by the sounds of it. If he wants another team to do so he has to prove he is the same Revis that was so dominant before. No way he gets a better price after being off two seasons as opposed to coming back, playing great and then being poised for the big pay day.

Veteran
    I think there are a couple of things that Idzik is banking on. The first thing is that he knows TB needs 2 capable starting CB's. A lot of the CB's are getting signed right now or should I say a lot of the younger, higher upside CB's are getting signed. Eventually the CB FA market will begin to dry up and that's when TB will get a little more desperate for Mr. Revis' services.

The second thing is that the guys Revis' age and younger who are very capable starters (i.e. Cary Williams) are only getting between $5-$7 million on 3 year deals. Suddenly getting $10-$12 million deal done looks more and more probable. The agents for Revis are backed into a corner. They want that new contract before he ever steps onto the field again b/c there is a lot of risk in him getting hurt again in 2013. If he were to get hurt again before a new contract he may never see another long term deal again and def won't see anything more then $6-$8 million per year b/c by the time he would recover from a second injury he would be a 30 year old injury prone CB with knee issues and almost certainly would have lost a step. So his agents may accept a real market value deal just to guarantee that he gets paid. Which is why if they approached the Jets with a "fair" deal around $11 million per year I think the Jets would have to def mull that over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bwa-hahahahahahaahaahaha

This f-ing guy....lol
    I seriously think he's f*cked in the head

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I seriously think he's f*cked in the head
    I still might trade Revis to NE if they gave good enough compensation.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    We have larger issues than where Revis plays.
    in the current state of the Jets ... it's absolutely true

@NFLSTROUD: The grievance filed by CB Eric Wright against the Bucs to guarantee his $7.75-million salary for 2013 has been denied by the NFL.

@NFLSTROUD: The Bucs successfully argued that the guarantee was voided when Wright was suspended four games for violating the league's PED policy.

@NFLSTROUD: The only way the Bucs would consider keeping Wright is if he restructured his contract but he likely will be released.

Could play a factor w/the Revis situation.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-15-2013 at 03:43 PM.

@JasonLaCanfora: Expects the Bucs to remain active. Could land Revis soon enough and are trying to deal Blount

All League
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Expects the Bucs to remain active. Could land Revis soon enough and are trying to deal Blount

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JasonLaCanfora: Expects the Bucs to remain active. Could land Revis soon enough and are trying to deal Blount
    Don't want Blount as part of deal for Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFLSTROUD: The grievance filed by CB Eric Wright against the Bucs to guarantee his $7.75-million salary for 2013 has been denied by the NFL.

@NFLSTROUD: The Bucs successfully argued that the guarantee was voided when Wright was suspended four games for violating the league's PED policy.

@NFLSTROUD: The only way the Bucs would consider keeping Wright is if he restructured his contract but he likely will be released.

Could play a factor w/the Revis situation.
    Some of these guys are such total boneheads. Violate the policy and it costs him 8 million dollars.

Jets Insider VIP
    At this point it will be a first round pick next year. I think the tie up is getting a second round pick this year

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2