Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 655

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

  1. #621
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    Didn't wanna put it so bluntly but here's the fact.

    Just as the younger crowd may over rate players of their (our) era the older crowd over rates players of their era. Let me ask you this, who out of the older crowd was happy to see Namath in a different uniform? No one?
    However bluntly stupid/insulting Irwin's comment was, there's no way to overrate a SB champion like Namath.

    Nothing to do with happy or unhappy about "a different uniform"-only losers dwell on stuff like that-Namath was running on fumes by the time he left NY and thought he still had something left-a trade to LA fell through but was waived and picked up-only played 4 games, the last one he got clobbered in a MNF debacle and Knox had no confidence to put him in a playoff game when it mattered - doesnt diminish his record or "Jetness" at all
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 03-20-2013 at 08:28 PM.

  2. #622
    @ConorTOrr: Bucs GM says he isn't even sure Revis is on the market in radio interview with @SIRIUSXM (via @ProFootballTalk) | http://t.co/rRrSwYruxg


    But in an interview with Sirius XM radio Wednesday, Dominik downplayed any possible trade. At least publicly, Dominik is saying that he's not even sure Revis is on the market.

    “I don’t know if he really is, honestly,” Dominik said on Sirius XM. ”That is a tough question for me to answer. You have to get John Idzik on here and grill him about that.”

  3. #623
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Bucs GM says he isn't even sure Revis is on the market in radio interview with @SIRIUSXM (via @ProFootballTalk) | http://t.co/rRrSwYruxg


    But in an interview with Sirius XM radio Wednesday, Dominik downplayed any possible trade. At least publicly, Dominik is saying that he's not even sure Revis is on the market.

    “I don’t know if he really is, honestly,” Dominik said on Sirius XM. ”That is a tough question for me to answer. You have to get John Idzik on here and grill him about that.”
    It's a staredown

  4. #624
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    GTFO old man, 30th best Jet ever???????

    Are you high???
    hey kid.... I'm an old man , but I agree with you.

    Namath is the BEST JET ever. Revis is probably top 5, absolutely top 10 .

    30th.....heck, Pennington is in the top 30 unfortunately.

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    hey kid.... I'm an old man , but I agree with you.

    Namath is the BEST JET ever. Revis is probably top 5, absolutely top 10 .

    30th.....heck, Pennington is in the top 30 unfortunately.
    Yea, I probably shouldn't have been so harsh, but how can ANYBODY say he is not even top 30?

    And on top of that try to justify his comments by saying look at how many interceptions he has?

    Do you watch the games Jungle Shift?

    Although I will lay off, I'm done commenting because he is either trolling or senile.

  6. #626
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Yea, I probably shouldn't have been so harsh, but how can ANYBODY say he is not even top 30?

    And on top of that try to justify his comments by saying look at how many interceptions he has?

    Do you watch the games Jungle Shift?

    Although I will lay off, I'm done commenting because he is either trolling or senile.
    Jungle is a good man. SOLID green. We all say things , type things etc. that come out wrong or are not agreed to universally. he's kool.

  7. #627
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Best in their lifetime or most overpaid is more like it.. Revis is at least 30th on the Jets all time list and probably far lower..not even close to the impact of Namath, Maynard, Snell, Sauer, Klecko Riggins Walker and Gastineau to name 8 better Jets easily...Heck, Randy Beverley did more in a big game when it counted than Mevi$ ever did

    Is this a joke? How many Jets could say they were the best offensive or defensive player in the NFL at any point in their career? Other than Gastineau, who is a maybe, the answer is zero. Rex may have bungled all of this by declaring how great Revis was and setting up all these holdouts, but make no mistake, Revis is one of the best Jets of all time.

  8. #628
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,817
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Is this a joke? How many Jets could say they were the best offensive or defensive player in the NFL at any point in their career? Other than Gastineau, who is a maybe, the answer is zero. Rex may have bungled all of this by declaring how great Revis was and setting up all these holdouts, but make no mistake, Revis is one of the best Jets of all time.
    Mawae. But I get your point. We should try to hold onto out greatest players. But there is a point where you cannot. It takes two to tango.

  9. #629
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,733
    I have to say that I am getting a lot better feeling this time around about the ability of the Jets GM to hold his own in these negotiations.

    Tannenbaum was so overmatched that it isn't even funny.

  10. #630

    revis traded?

    Dont no if im posting in the right thread? If not sorry.. I just saw on nil network a trade has been completed with bucs for revis.. 13 MILLION a year.. Can any one confirm this?Said the deal was done.. Didnt say any thing about pick compensation..

  11. #631
    Quote Originally Posted by bnmbh View Post
    Dont no if im posting in the right thread? If not sorry.. I just saw on nil network a trade has been completed with bucs for revis.. 13 MILLION a year.. Can any one confirm this?Said the deal was done.. Didnt say any thing about pick compensation..
    Was it referring to this?

    @NFL_ATL: Darrelle Revis, Bucs reportedly would come to contract agreement "without much trouble" if trade goes down. http://t.co/TuwTOsnWpz

  12. #632
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Was it referring to this?

    @NFL_ATL: Darrelle Revis, Bucs reportedly would come to contract agreement "without much trouble" if trade goes down. http://t.co/TuwTOsnWpz
    **** who knows.. Sorry if i posted some bull ****.. Suks to be a JETS FAN..

  13. #633
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Was it referring to this?

    @NFL_ATL: Darrelle Revis, Bucs reportedly would come to contract agreement "without much trouble" if trade goes down. http://t.co/TuwTOsnWpz
    If that is true, I have no idea why we aren't signing him. 12 mill a year is about the amount that I would bring him back for. Heck even UT is down for that and we all know how he feels about Revis

  14. #634

  15. #635
    Nil network?? No wonder it's bogus

  16. #636
    thanx aho aka attention whore - theres always 1

  17. #637
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Nil network?? No wonder it's bogus
    Sorry guys if i pissed u off.. Saw the ticker tape and almost fell over

  18. #638
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,128
    Yes, Revis was traded and there was not a single thread made about it. Totally realistic.

  19. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    My only point was they are drafted as DB's not CB's or Safety's..
    False

  20. #640
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I have to say that I am getting a lot better feeling this time around about the ability of the Jets GM to hold his own in these negotiations.

    Tannenbaum was so overmatched that it isn't even funny.
    He has handled this situation very well. The idea that he HAS to trade Revis now is a fallacy created by the gossip columnists and talk show hosts in this area. Most of them have their narratives ready and want to talk or write about it as soon as possible. We live in an instant gratification society and the media loves to respond to feed that need.

    But if your interested in what is best for the franchise long term you have to love how Idzik is handling the situation. The sports/gossip columnists and talkies are only interested in creating big stories and bashing the Jets. The anti-Jets stories is like mining gold for them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us