Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

It's not even guaranteed that we get a 3rd round comp pick in 2014 if we let him walk.

I'm pretty sure how high a pick you get for losing a player is dependant on how much you spend that year. And we'll probably be spending a pretty penny next year.
    Compensatory picks are given the year AFTER you lose him in FA. So it would be a 2015 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    If we accept this I'm going to be furious.
    If this report is true, it shows the value of the CB in today's NFL and the impact of the injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Compensatory picks are given the year AFTER you lose him in FA. So it would be a 2015 pick.
    Just more reason to trade him right now

What the hell is the use in keeping him for one more year, which is bound to be a mediocre at best season with no playoff birth, just to get a 3rd or 4th round pick two years down the road?

All Pro
    If this is the best offer on the table, the Jets should pass. Idzik should not accept anything less than a first rounder.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    If this is the best offer on the table, the Jets should pass. Idzik should not accept anything less than a first rounder.
    So you would rather get a late 3rd or late 4th round pick in 2015 plus an additional $9 million cap hit in 2014 rather then accept a 2nd and 4th in this draft? If Idzik passed on this deal he would be fired on the spot. I'm sure Woody Johnson ordered Idzik to get the best possible deal and trade him asap. Revis will not be a Jet draft weekend, that's almost a guarantee b/c there are way more negatives to keeping him on the team in 2013. And that's not even calculating the risk of re-injury.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What the hell is the use in keeping him for one more year?
    To see how things play out.

How will the knee injury affect Revis overall? What will the CB market look like next year? How much cap room will the Jets have next year?

It's impossible to predict the exact situation and terms for both sides one year from now. Perhaps the Jets will be able to sign Revis to a reasonable long term deal. It's not likely, but not impossible either.

The better question is what the hell is the point in trading a future HOFer in his prime for peanuts? If the trade value is not there today, then you keep your chips and hope for a better hand in the coming months.

All Pro
    I hope they do not trade him and I hope they resign him. If they do trade him and they do not come out with a two ones or at the least a one plus a two this would be just another example of a joke of a franchise.

This is just another example of the mettlesome owner Woody Johnson is he wants to dump the best player in the sport because it will cost him to much money. He got my PSL money and several other fellow suckers . Woody is just about the money and winning is just lip service. Tannebaum (he was instructed to get Farve and a young QB to market his new stadium) is not the cause he had no backbone to standup to Woody and is just tool just like Itzik is now, no strong GM in his right mind would work for a jack-ass like Woody Johnson,

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    True, but the harvin trade affected the entire market.

Harvin is also coming off a bad injury (not an ACL obviously) and has had injury issues his whole career.

He has been a tough player to deal with for the Vikings

And is an UFA after this season.

Revis should be bringing back more then a mid-2nd round pick.
    you don't think that one being offense and other defense will make a diference?

To see how things play out.

How will the knee injury affect Revis overall? What will the CB market look like next year? How much cap room will the Jets have next year?

It's impossible to predict the exact situation and terms for both sides one year from now. Perhaps the Jets will be able to sign Revis to a reasonable long term deal. It's not likely, but not impossible either.

The better question is what the hell is the point in trading a future HOFer in his prime for peanuts? If the trade value is not there today, then you keep your chips and hope for a better hand in the coming months.
    Revis become an UFA after this season. The Jets will then incur a 9M cap hit for no reason other than 3 fake years of his contract that get voided. There's no way that he plays in 2013 on this existing contract, with the Jets or with a new team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    So you would rather get a late 3rd or late 4th round pick in 2015 plus an additional $9 million cap hit in 2014 rather then accept a 2nd and 4th in this draft? If Idzik passed on this deal he would be fired on the spot. I'm sure Woody Johnson ordered Idzik to get the best possible deal and trade him asap. Revis will not be a Jet draft weekend, that's almost a guarantee b/c there are way more negatives to keeping him on the team in 2013. And that's not even calculating the risk of re-injury.
    In my opinion, you are jumping to conclusions way too prematurely.

I'm all for trading Revis, but the value has to be right. Why the big rush in trading Revis for peanuts? Rather than rushing into a low ball trade, let's see how things play out with Revis' knee, the CB market, and the Jets cap situation next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    I hope they do not trade him and I hope they resign him. If they do trade him and they do not come out with a two ones or at the least a one plus a two this would be just another example of a joke of a franchise.

This is just another example of the mettlesome owner Woody Johnson is he wants to dump the best player in the sport because it will cost him to much money. He got my PSL money and several other fellow suckers . Woody is just about the money and winning is just lip service. Tannebaum (he was instructed to get Farve and a young QB to market his new stadium) is not the cause he had no backbone to standup to Woody and is just tool just like Itzik is now, no strong GM in his right mind would work for a jack-ass like Woody Johnson,

Keeping Revis is a way to lose not win. Trading him now is the far far superior move.

I guess you would be in favor of 6 years $100M $55M guaranteed and crippling the team for half a decade. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    We can't trade him in 2014. He becomes an UFA after 2013. We still get a 9M cap hit in 2014 unless we trade him this year.

I can't believe the NFL approved his current contract. Seriously, that's some shady sh!t.

In my opinion, you are jumping to conclusions way too prematurely.

I'm all for trading Revis, but the value has to be right. Why the big rush in trading Revis for peanuts? Rather than rushing into a low ball trade, let's see how things play out with Revis' knee, the CB market, and the Jets cap situation next year.
    OMG, there is no "next year". There is now, period.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    There's no way that he plays in 2013 on this existing contract, with the Jets or with a new team.
    If Revis is not traded, it's certainly possible. If he is traded, it will almost certainly come with a new contract, so you are correct in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post

is it really about not paying him, or just to get more picks because of salary cap issues?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    We can't trade him in 2014. He becomes an UFA after 2013. We still get a 9M cap hit in 2014 unless we trade him this year.

I can't believe the NFL approved his current contract. Seriously, that's some shady sh!t.
    Actually they need to trade him before June 1 for all the money to hit this year, if he is traded after June 1, the 9 million still hits next year and his cap hit for this year drops to 5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    OMG, there is no "next year". There is now, period.
    I'd rather sign revis to 13-14 million a year then give him away for a 2nd and crap. I'm sure revis original demands of 15 per year has been dropped due to the market and his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Actually they need to trade him before June 1 for all the money to hit this year, if he is traded after June 1, the 9 million still hits next year and his cap hit for this year drops to 5 million.
    Makes it even worse.

They can't afford to let Revis be a Jet in 2013 under the current contract. Which is why he's definitely getting traded. His agents are assh0les. They don't negotiate in good faith. They brought this on themselves.

All Pro
    i want a 1st, 2nd & something in 2014 3rd or 4th

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

i had forgotten that Wanndstadt was his college coach ... should have him pushing the Tampa front office a bit more to get him

ljr