Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    A #2 this year and a #4 next year? No thanks.
    +1,000,000

Hells NO!

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    If this deal goes down we'll find out if Idzik will be SOJ or not.

If it's **** compensation then all we'll hear is "Well, a 2nd this year and a conditional next year is better than if we just kept Revis and got nothing....blah blah blah."
    If it's a 1 year rental (and Idzik puts it in the language that the Bucs can't negotiate until Revis hits free agency in 2014), then a 2 and conditional 4 is actually better than the nothing we'd receive (or whatever compensation pick if that happened).

If Revis goes to Tampa with a contract, the Jets will be getting 3 or 4 picks out of it.

Can people here calm down before slamming a trade that hasn't even happened, yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    The best player ever drafted in the history of the New York Jets. It will be interesting to see what compensation we accepted in order to give him up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Can people here calm down before slamming a trade that hasn't even happened, yet.
    Ha. Did you forget where you are C Mart

Jets Insider VIP
    He's gonna be ****ing fine and he is gonna be traded. I just know it.

We are letting go of the best player to ever don this uniform.

it's inevitable..but I don't wanna get rid of him. Only for a low 1st rounder.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

whether this trade happens or not will have nothing to do with the insanity sure to ensue lol

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I hope so, only if the new deal includes a new contract. IF Revis gets a new contract, the Jets are definitely getting a 1st round pick. 100%, 100%, 100%.

If no contract, and he's a 1 year rental for the Bucs, then I understand the non huge trade. Harvin got a contract, Revis needs to get one in order to validate compensation.
    The more I think about it, it makes sense that the Jets would want the trade executed with a conditional pick that becomes a first if a long-term deal is worked out by the new team. By having the "one-year rental" version (2nd this year, 4th next year) and the "signs a contract" version (2nd this year, 1st next year) the Jets don't have to be held hostage by Revis, his agents, and their outrageous demands. The new team doesn't even get to talk to Revis' camp before the deal is done, so the Jets can effectively say "that's your problem", but the new team is protected. They would just need to find a team that's OK with the possibility that they only get Revis for one year. Maybe the Bucs are that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ha. Did you forget where you are C Mart
    My lawd. Now Revis is the greatest player ever drafted by the Jets. Unbelievable!

We will get a 1st (13th overall), 4th, & and a conditional 2014 pick probably a 2nd. This will be a good trade and start for IDZIK.

My lawd. Now Revis is the greatest player ever drafted by the Jets. Unbelievable!
    eye know. maybe on talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank you...I thought it was me.

Guys..... Namath says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    We will get a 1st (13th overall), 4th, & and a conditional 2014 pick probably a 2nd. This will be a good trade and start for IDZIK.
    This is what I want:

If Revis is traded to [WHOEVER], the Jets are entitled to [Y compensation]. As a result, Revis is allowed/not allowed to negotiate terms of a new deal. Whether this happens BEFORE or AFTER the trade, it makes no difference. IF Revis ends up with a new contract at any point BEFORE the beginning of the 2014 season with [WHOEVER], then the Jets are entitled to [Y+Z compensation].

Trade away, and make it the other team's problem to negotiate. Revis won't sign with the Jets after 2013 (for the 2014 season). This way we get something vs. the comp pick that the Jets would only receive.

That's what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    He's gonna be ****ing fine and he is gonna be traded. I just know it.

We are letting go of the best player to ever don this uniform.

it's inevitable..but I don't wanna get rid of him. Only for a low 1st rounder.
    Flip Flopper.

Sorry but I dont think Revis "the best player ever to wear a Jets uniform" status.

How about Klecko? Namath? Freeman Mc Neil? Al Toon? All true JETS, true team players

Revis has talent, but it all ends there.

Players who fake headaches in practice over contract squabbles are shallow and dont deserve fans praise.

His selfish "I could give two $hts" attitude when it comes to being a JET does not deserve the credit that some JETS fans are giving him.

Go drink your pineapple and petron on someone else's watch Revis.

You are far from "the best Jet ever."

All Pro

Hey he is definitely in the conversation, this could be a product of the Jets pitiful past. I would not say he is better then Joe Namath but any where after I could see an argument made

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Hey he is definitely in the conversation, this could be a product of the Jets pitiful past. I would not say he is better then Joe Namath but any where after I could see an argument made
    Greatest player or not, he doesn't add 4 wins to the final record.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Sorry but I dont think Revis "the best player ever to wear a Jets uniform" status.

How about Klecko? Namath? Freeman Mc Neil? Al Toon? All true JETS, true team players

Revis has talent, but it all ends there.

Players who fake headaches in practice over contract squabbles are shallow and dont deserve fans praise.

His selfish "I could give two $hts" attitude when it comes to being a JET does not deserve the credit that some JETS fans are giving him.

Go drink your pineapple and petron on someone else's watch Revis.

You are far from "the best Jet ever."
    I can't speak for Namath because he was before my time, but I watched the other 3 you mentioned and Revis is better than all 3. Freeman and Toon were very good, but were never the best at their positions in the league. Revis, when healthy, is arguably the best defensive player in the league. Klecko was a near hall of fame player, which Revis arguably already is. If Revis continues his current level of play, he will probably be all time top 10 at his position, which you can't say about Klecko.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I can't speak for Namath because he was before my time, but I watched the other 3 you mentioned and Revis is better than all 3. Freeman and Toon were very good, but were never the best at their positions in the league. Revis, when healthy, is arguably the best defensive player in the league. Klecko was a near hall of fame player, which Revis arguably already is. If Revis continues his current level of play, he will probably be all time top 10 at his position, which you can't say about Klecko.
    Best player at his position in the entire league by far, have the jets ever had another player like that? Don't think so

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Greatest player or not, he doesn't add 4 wins to the final record.

No player outside of the Tom Brady or Peyton Manning ilk does, this is the ultimate team sport. The point of the conversation was regarding best Jet drafted.