Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Sorry but I dont think Revis "the best player ever to wear a Jets uniform" status.

How about Klecko? Namath? Freeman Mc Neil? Al Toon? All true JETS, true team players

Revis has talent, but it all ends there.

Players who fake headaches in practice over contract squabbles are shallow and dont deserve fans praise.

His selfish "I could give two $hts" attitude when it comes to being a JET does not deserve the credit that some JETS fans are giving him.

Go drink your pineapple and petron on someone else's watch Revis.

You are far from "the best Jet ever."
    Is that all that special? If a reasoning for keeping Keller is "he's the best TE the Jets have had in a long time" is a reason to keep him, that's a flawed philosophy.

"SOJF" to me means comparing current players to Jets players of old. Non-SOJF thinking means wanting to win in today's NFL comparing current players to the market, and evaluating Revis' worth and contract demands with respect to the rest of the team's needs given the building blocks in today's league that improves the chance to win a Super Bowl.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-12-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Hey he is definitely in the conversation, this could be a product of the Jets pitiful past. I would not say he is better then Joe Namath but any where after I could see an argument made
    For longevity and overall TOTAL value to us as a team?

Klecko, Gastineau, Namath, come to mind as drafted Jets. I'm sure there are a few others.

Revis me behavior taints much of his value.

I am somewhat disappointed and angry that another great JET will join the ranks of former JETS. but such is life.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Is that all that special? If a reasoning for keeping Keller is "he's the best TE the Jets have had in a long time" is a reason to keep him, that's a flawed philosophy.

"SOJF" to me means comparing current players to Jets players of old. Non-SOJF thinking means wanting to win in today's NFL comparing current players to the market, and evaluating Revis' worth and contract demands with the respect the rest of the team's needs.
    I'm sure everyone is excited to hear what SOJF means to you

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Best player at his position in the entire league by far, have the jets ever had another player like that? Don't think so
    Who cares?

Are we trying to build a champion or sit around jerking eachother off about having the best CB in the league?

Either we can trade Revis, acquire some extra picks and free up a sh*tload of money in the future to start fixing this attocious offense.

Or we can pay him Tom Brady/Peyton Manning money and continue to watch this offense struggle just to score 10 points a game. But hey, at least we can watch Revis run step for step with the opposing teams #1 receiver every week. I mean, what could be more entertaining than that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    For longevity and overall TOTAL value to us as a team?

Klecko, Gastineau, Namath, come to mind as drafted Jets. I'm sure there are a few others.

Revis me behavior taints much of his value.

I am somewhat disappointed and angry that another great JET will join the ranks of former JETS. but such is life.

And Gastineau and his value is not tainted? He was a selfish one way player who refused to play against the run. Don't forget when he quit on the Jets on a playoff run to be with Brigette Nielson. Klecko was a great Jet and I think Namath is the greatest drafted Jet

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Sorry but I dont think Revis "the best player ever to wear a Jets uniform" status.

How about Klecko? Namath? Freeman Mc Neil? Al Toon? All true JETS, true team players

Revis has talent, but it all ends there.

Players who fake headaches in practice over contract squabbles are shallow and dont deserve fans praise.

His selfish "I could give two $hts" attitude when it comes to being a JET does not deserve the credit that some JETS fans are giving him.

Go drink your pineapple and petron on someone else's watch Revis.

You are far from "the best Jet ever."
    Once in a while a post jumps off the screen ... and this is one of those posts.

Some fans admire ultimate talent between the lines ... nothing else matters.
    Darelle Revis to those fans is a demi-God, a golden calf ... worth running around naked for and beating their collective chests fiercely, howling to the Moon.

Other fans have got this weird tribal thing, it's about the uniform, it's about team, it's about Super Bowls as the ultimate sense of belonging where the Victorious team and their adoring fans are almost one, together .. in celebration of a game and a sense of belonging. A bunch of low income fans (me) and high income gladiators bond for a moment before it becomes a sweet memory to tell your grandchildren or random passer-bys who will listen... Those old enough will remember Joe Willie's Shining moment, how it must be feel to be apart of something for a brief moment, the rest of us will just have to decide between choosing players or uniforms to pledge allegiance to ... since paying taxes and commuting to work is dull fare.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want him gone as much as anyone, part of the "too much $ for a CB" crowd. And I agree he's a crap teammate and a crap person.

Despite all of that, he is without question to me to best Jet to ever wear the uniform. On the field, where it matters, he was more dominant than anyone to ever play here. No one else in this franchise is in the conversation for the greatest player to ever play his position. No one comes close. No, not even Namath.

Sure, I have more favorite all time Jets, but no one matches him as a player in this franchise. Take the personality out of the equation just as much as you would have if he had led us to a couple of championships. Just like Ravens fans do with Ray Lewis, Pats fans do with Belichick, and Giants fans do with LT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Gastineau and his value is not tainted? He was a selfish one way player who refused to play against the run. Don't forget when he quit on the Jets on a playoff run to be with Brigette Nielson. Klecko was a great Jet and I think Namath is the greatest drafted Jet
    Agreed and understood but for a what....a 6 year run Gastinea was as good a lineman as the NFL had. Those were great years to be a JETS fan. your point is well taken though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Revis isn't the best player the Jets have ever drafted, he's the best player we've ever had

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who cares?

Are we trying to build a champion or sit around jerking eachother off about having the best CB in the league?

Either we can trade Revis, acquire some extra picks and free up a sh*tload of money in the future to start fixing this attocious offense.

Or we can pay him Tom Brady/Peyton Manning money and continue to watch this offense struggle just to score 10 points a game. But hey, at least we can watch Revis run step for step with the opposing teams #1 receiver every week. I mean, what could be more entertaining than that?
    + a million

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This is what I want:

If Revis is traded to [WHOEVER], the Jets are entitled to [Y compensation]. As a result, Revis is allowed/not allowed to negotiate terms of a new deal. Whether this happens BEFORE or AFTER the trade, it makes no difference. IF Revis ends up with a new contract at any point BEFORE the beginning of the 2014 season with [WHOEVER], then the Jets are entitled to [Y+Z compensation].

Trade away, and make it the other team's problem to negotiate. Revis won't sign with the Jets after 2013 (for the 2014 season). This way we get something vs. the comp pick that the Jets would only receive.

That's what I want.
    Are you willing to take less compensation in order to get that concession?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    + a million
    Agreed....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I want him gone as much as anyone, part of the "too much $ for a CB" crowd. And I agree he's a crap teammate and a crap person.

Despite all of that, he is without question to me to best Jet to ever wear the uniform. On the field, where it matters, he was more dominant than anyone to ever play here. No one else in this franchise is in the conversation for the greatest player to ever play his position. No one comes close. No, not even Namath.

Sure, I have more favorite all time Jets, but no one matches him as a player in this franchise. Take the personality out of the equation just as much as you would have if he had led us to a couple of championships. Just like Ravens fans do with Ray Lewis, Pats fans do with Belichick, and Giants fans do with LT.
    Well said

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed and understood but for a what....a 6 year run Gastinea was as good a lineman as the NFL had. Those were great years to be a JETS fan. your point is well taken though.

That was a great line but I think Klecko, Lyons made Gastineu. Salaam was not to bad either. I agree that was a great time to be a Jet fans to bad injuries and cheating Shula prevented greatness.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

But hey, at least we can watch Revis run step for step with the opposing teams #1 receiver every week. I mean, what could be more entertaining than that?
    That's two pretty good lines.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a great line but I think Klecko, Lyons made Gastineu. Salaam was not to bad either. I agree that was a great time to be a Jet fans to bad injuries and cheating Shula prevented greatness.
    Oh no, Gas and Klecko helped each other in regards to their sack totals but they each had more talent that Salaam and Lyons combined. And while no one was as determined as Klecko, Gastineau had the most talent of the group..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares?
    But hey, at least we can watch Revis run step for step with the opposing teams #1 receiver every week. I mean, what could be more entertaining than that?
    +1,000,000,000, who wants to watch a guy do his job that well. It's boring. Love the old days when our best corner was toasted each week.

Now THATS entertaining

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's two pretty good lines.
    We know which part of that line you'd prefer Tx. Tug Tug.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Oh no, Gas and Klecko helped each other in regards to their sack totals but they each had more talent that Salaam and Lyons combined. And while no one was as determined as Klecko, Gastineau had the most talent of the group..

He was a selfish one way lineman who only wanted to rush the passer all the time the interior line had to compensate for the deficits Gastineu had against the run.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He was a selfish one way lineman who only wanted to rush the passer all the time the interior line had to compensate for the deficits Gastineu had against the run.
    Which explains the years he lead the league in tackles behind the line of scrimmage?

Yet still takes nothing away from how much talent he had. He was a force that had to be accounted for each week by opposing teams. No matter how much people downplay his play he was a guy you had to watch for. Never was the case for Lyons or Salaam.