Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think you draft BPA. Right now, take the best player that gives fills a position.

Warmack is the best example. All the "experts" feel he's the safest pick in the first round. IF he's available, you take him. Do the same with the rest of the picks.
    Jarvis Jones or Warmack? That's a toughie

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think you draft BPA. Right now, take the best player that gives fills a position.

Warmack is the best example. All the "experts" feel he's the safest pick in the first round. IF he's available, you take him. Do the same with the rest of the picks.
    Totally agree. Wouldn't mind Warmack but I do see the Jets potentially going OLB or WR. Really depends on what this trade nabs us. If we get the 13th pick you could take Warmack at 9 and likely still get your pass rusher at 13 due to the needs of other teams. Also, I'm not saying we definitely will pick a qb in the second but at some point early in this draft....say....before the fifth? We'll have drafted someone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    My Top 2 at #9

Pretty tough (and awesome) predicament to be in.

I'd go Jones. If he's healthy that dude is going to be an absolute animal. Don't think he drops though.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    My Top 2 at #9

Pretty tough (and awesome) predicament to be in.
    Might have to give the edge to Jarvis Jones.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    AND on top of all that - no offense to any Florida friends - well, Tampa is a bit of a dump. Trading NYC for that sleepy backwater . . .hmm, I could never do it.
    Revis just cares there's no state tax. It's paradise to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Totally agree. Wouldn't mind Warmack but I do see the Jets potentially going OLB or WR. Really depends on what this trade nabs us. If we get the 13th pick you could take Warmack at 9 and likely still get your pass rusher at 13 due to the needs of other teams. Also, I'm not saying we definitely will pick a qb in the second but at some point early in this draft....say....before the fifth? We'll have drafted someone.
    I hope that they don't draft a WR in the first. Nobody is that "safe" pick in terms of WR, ESPECIALLY because there is no QB. I'd expect a QB before a WR.

Warmack and/or Jones are my two picks as well.

The Ertz in the second round.

Might have to give the edge to Jarvis Jones.
    +1

If cleared medically, this guy is the best player in the draft IMO.

The guy has a knack for turnovers like Tillman from Chicago and its not something you can teach.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Manish just tweeted that revis is due a million dollar roster bonus at 4PM today

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Manish just tweeted that revis is due a million dollar roster bonus at 4PM today
    Cool, whether he stays or goes, I'd just like some closure at this point.

Jets Insider VIP
    The $1 million roster bonus is irrelevent to the Jets trading Revis. The Peuter guys saying it will force a move dont know what theyre talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The $1 million roster bonus is irrelevent to the Jets trading Revis. The Peuter guys saying it will force a move dont know what theyre talking about.
    But it might impact the timing of a trade...

probably won't happen until draft time or mid season if they pay it out, right or is that untrue too?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Agreed. In fact if the Jets pay the $1 million they give themselves more leverage for a better trade.

It sends the message that they're not disparate to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    But it might impact the timing of a trade...

probably won't happen until draft time or mid season if they pay it out, right or is that untrue too?
    http://www.nyjetscap.com/2013_Articl...-timeline.html

Thank you. Great link!

So he needs to go before June 1 to avoid cap hit for 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    That's the 1st thing he's been right about the Revis situation in awhile

It's obvious the bird in Florham Park has flown to Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Thank you. Great link!
    Welcome! Thank Jason. He's the best for cap stuff and has a new site:

http://overthecap.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    So he needs to go before June 1 to avoid cap hit for 2014.
    June 1st is the big date. I would think a 9mil cap hit for 2014 is what they want to avoid. He should be traded around draft time I would think

Veteran
    Having the cap hit staggered between 2013 and 2014 seems like an okay solution to me. The Jets can't fill out their roster except with journeymen this year because they don't have the wiggle room to get quality starters, thank you Mike T. However if Revis is traded after June 1st 9 million gets moved to 2014, and suddenly there is money to sign a few quality second tier free agents. Apart from that Revis will likely be running by June first making teams more convinced that he is closer to a recovery.

"I don't want the cap hit in 2014, I want it over now" I hear you say ? Well next year with all that extra cap room with Sanchez off the books , it might make more fiscal sense to stagger the cap hit. The Jets are not going to the Super Bowl in 2014 either ( I am booking my hotel room for 2015) but it would make this year's team more watchable ...