Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't think he's nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. He's actually a good LB. The entire team sucked last year.

He's not Ray Lewis, but he's not Vernon Gholston either.
    he is a "good" LB. But no way is he the Best ILB in the NFL. He is overpayed, 13 millon is entirely too much for Harris. If we were able to cut him, he wouldnt get more than 6 millon a year.. That may even be a stretch. Im not saying cut him and say goodbye, but cut and re-sign him at his value instead of yet another one of MT's dumb contracts without options..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @NFLSTROUD: Bucs' first-round pick is in play for Jets' Revis. http://t.co/oi3Nsx3xTO

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have not ruled out trading their first-round pick in April's NFL draft to the New York Jets as part of the compensation for cornerback Darrelle Revis.

The Bucs own the 13th overall selection and have made improving the league's worst pass defense their top off-season priority. Last week they signed 49ers free agent safety Deshon Goldson to a 5-year, $41.5-million contract.

The Bucs view an opportunity to acquire the 27-year-old Revis, one of the NFL’s top defensive players, as rare even though he is recovering from a torn ACL he suffered in the second week of the 2012 regular season.

Revis was the Defensive Player of the Year in 2009 and a four-time Pro Bowl player. He has one year remaining on his contract.

“There’s only one (team) that knows who they’re taking,’’ Dominik said of the draft. “The thing I’d say is I feel really good about the success we’ve had drafting players. At the same point, I’m not going to sit there and be bull-headed and not think, “what’s the best thing for the team going forward?” That’s the only way you can build it right.’’

The Bucs may feel differently if they owned one of the top five selections in the draft this year. But some of their draft day failures have made them more receptive to parting with a first round pick.

Both of the Bucs’ second-round selections in 2009 are no longer with the team. Receiver Arrelious Benn has been plagued by injury and was dealt last week along with a seventh rounder to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a sixth rounder. Defensive tackle Brian Price is out of football.

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the third overall selection in 2010, struggled through two injury-filled seasons before starting 16 games last season to finish with five sacks and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl last year.

If the Bucs remained at No. 13 and utilized their pick, they would likely select a cornerback such as Florida State’s Xavier Rhodes, hoping he could develop into 70 percent of the player Revis was before the injury.

No deal for Revis is likely to come for several more weeks. While other teams have an interest in the Jets’ defensive star, none may have the combination of cap space, need and a willingness to sign Revis to a long-term deal as the Bucs.

Tampa Bay also is not overly concerned with Revis’ recovery from his ACL injury.

“He’s starting to progress,’’ Jets general manager John Idzik said. “It’s really going to be a function of what he can do with his trainers. Darrelle is always going to push the envelope.

"We’re entrusting the people he has around him on a daily basis to pace him so he doesn’t overdo things but at the same rate, we’re pushing it to a degree that he gets back to full strength as soon as possible.’’

The Bucs believe acquiring a talent such as Revis could counter the sort of bold moves made recently by the Atlanta Falcons that has pushed that team to the top of the NFC South.

In 2011, the Falcons traded their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012 to the Cleveland Browns to acquire the sixth overall selection to draft Georgia receiver Julio Jones.

In a quarterback-rich division with quarterbacks such as the Saints Drew Brees, the Falcons Matt Ryan and the Panthers’ Cam Newton, the Bucs know the importance of adding a shut down corner such as Revis.

“They’re really hard to find,’’ Dominik said. “They really are rare and that makes them an interesting commodity. You go into the draft every year and everybody thinks maybe that’s the guy but there are very few of them. When they come out, it’s pretty noticeable who they are.’’

That’s why Dominik has made it clear that any combination of draft picks – including the Bucs’ first-rounder – has not been ruled out for a player such as Revis.

“If we think it’s in the best interest of the team, we will do something,’’ Dominik said. “If that’s a player that everybody is speculating (Revis) or maybe it’s a player at a position that nobody has thought about. But certainly, these meetings are very healthy for those kinds of discussions to see if there is a way to get this team better and does that include players or draft picks or a combination? That’s what we’ll look at.’’
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One and two this year and comp pick next and the jets would be sitting pretty for this coming draft. Trade the Buc's 13 for more, maybe another second and third and a pick next year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    One and two this year and comp pick next and the jets would be sitting pretty for this coming draft. Trade the Buc's 13 for more, maybe another second and third and a pick next year.
    Nah I'd take that 13 and draft Tavon Terrific.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they do include the 13th overall pick then we're more likely to get a late round pick this year and a conditional mid round pick next year. Similar to what the Vikings got for Harvin.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFLSTROUD: Bucs' first-round pick is in play for Jets' Revis. http://t.co/oi3Nsx3xTO

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have not ruled out trading their first-round pick in April's NFL draft to the New York Jets as part of the compensation for cornerback Darrelle Revis.

The Bucs own the 13th overall selection and have made improving the league's worst pass defense their top off-season priority. Last week they signed 49ers free agent safety Deshon Goldson to a 5-year, $41.5-million contract.

The Bucs view an opportunity to acquire the 27-year-old Revis, one of the NFL’s top defensive players, as rare even though he is recovering from a torn ACL he suffered in the second week of the 2012 regular season.

Revis was the Defensive Player of the Year in 2009 and a four-time Pro Bowl player. He has one year remaining on his contract.

“There’s only one (team) that knows who they’re taking,’’ Dominik said of the draft. “The thing I’d say is I feel really good about the success we’ve had drafting players. At the same point, I’m not going to sit there and be bull-headed and not think, “what’s the best thing for the team going forward?” That’s the only way you can build it right.’’

The Bucs may feel differently if they owned one of the top five selections in the draft this year. But some of their draft day failures have made them more receptive to parting with a first round pick.

Both of the Bucs’ second-round selections in 2009 are no longer with the team. Receiver Arrelious Benn has been plagued by injury and was dealt last week along with a seventh rounder to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a sixth rounder. Defensive tackle Brian Price is out of football.

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the third overall selection in 2010, struggled through two injury-filled seasons before starting 16 games last season to finish with five sacks and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl last year.

If the Bucs remained at No. 13 and utilized their pick, they would likely select a cornerback such as Florida State’s Xavier Rhodes, hoping he could develop into 70 percent of the player Revis was before the injury.

No deal for Revis is likely to come for several more weeks. While other teams have an interest in the Jets’ defensive star, none may have the combination of cap space, need and a willingness to sign Revis to a long-term deal as the Bucs.

Tampa Bay also is not overly concerned with Revis’ recovery from his ACL injury.

“He’s starting to progress,’’ Jets general manager John Idzik said. “It’s really going to be a function of what he can do with his trainers. Darrelle is always going to push the envelope.

"We’re entrusting the people he has around him on a daily basis to pace him so he doesn’t overdo things but at the same rate, we’re pushing it to a degree that he gets back to full strength as soon as possible.’’

The Bucs believe acquiring a talent such as Revis could counter the sort of bold moves made recently by the Atlanta Falcons that has pushed that team to the top of the NFC South.

In 2011, the Falcons traded their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012 to the Cleveland Browns to acquire the sixth overall selection to draft Georgia receiver Julio Jones.

In a quarterback-rich division with quarterbacks such as the Saints Drew Brees, the Falcons Matt Ryan and the Panthers’ Cam Newton, the Bucs know the importance of adding a shut down corner such as Revis.

“They’re really hard to find,’’ Dominik said. “They really are rare and that makes them an interesting commodity. You go into the draft every year and everybody thinks maybe that’s the guy but there are very few of them. When they come out, it’s pretty noticeable who they are.’’

That’s why Dominik has made it clear that any combination of draft picks – including the Bucs’ first-rounder – has not been ruled out for a player such as Revis.

“If we think it’s in the best interest of the team, we will do something,’’ Dominik said. “If that’s a player that everybody is speculating (Revis) or maybe it’s a player at a position that nobody has thought about. But certainly, these meetings are very healthy for those kinds of discussions to see if there is a way to get this team better and does that include players or draft picks or a combination? That’s what we’ll look at.’’
    He was?

Missing simple facts like that make me take the "reporter's" article about as seriously as serving size suggestions at McDonalds.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys get the feeling the Jets would settle for just the 13th pick from Tampa this year?

I hope not Id be pretty disappointed if that's all we could muster for Revis.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Do you guys get the feeling the Jets would settle for just the 13th pick from Tampa this year?

I hope not Id be pretty disappointed if that's all we could muster for Revis.
    if thats the best deal have to take it.. Its easy to say what we think we should get, or what jets should settle for.. obviously not many teams are knocking down the door for revis.. luckily tampa is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take the #13 this year but I'd want a conditional 2014 pick. And it would have to be something that could really escalate.

2014 - 4th rounder (minimum)

Can escalate to a 3rd rounder if Revis plays more than 75% of defensive snaps in 2013.

Can escalate to a 2nd rounder if Revis makes the Pro Bowl.

Can escalate to a 1st rounder if Revis is an All Pro.

Something like that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'd take the #13 this year but I'd want a conditional 2014 pick. And it would have to be something that could really escalate.

Can escalate to a 3rd rounder if Revis plays more than 75% of defensive snaps in 2013.

Something like that.
    This could work, but Id try to also get possibly another 3rd but more likely another 4th rd pick either this draft or next

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets send Revis.

Bucs send 2013 1st, 2013 4th and Bubba the Love Sponge ex-wife who Hogan banged on tape:

Fair trade for both teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    if thats the best deal have to take it.. Its easy to say what we think we should get, or what jets should settle for.. obviously not many teams are knocking down the door for revis.. luckily tampa is.
    I think it's Tampa or bust for trading Revis this off-season. No one else has the need (bottom ranked pass defense) or the resources (picks, cap room) to make it happen. If the Jets can't get a decent package from Tampa you're looking at Idzik playing hardball with Revis for an extension all the way up until next season's trade deadline.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets send Revis.

Bucs send 2013 1st, 2013 4th and Bubba the Love Sponge ex-wife who Hogan banged on tape:

Sign me up brotha!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's Tampa or bust for trading Revis this off-season. No one else has the need (bottom ranked pass defense) or the resources (picks, cap room) to make it happen. If the Jets can't get a decent package from Tampa you're looking at Idzik playing hardball with Revis for an extension all the way up until next season's trade deadline.
    I can see the niners coming back into the bidding...then there is the Vikings. They are a dark horse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    If they do include the 13th overall pick then we're more likely to get a late round pick this year and a conditional mid round pick next year. Similar to what the Vikings got for Harvin.
    You should be delighted seeing as you were all for shipping him off for a 2nd and a 4th and being happy with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I can see the niners coming back into the bidding...then there is the Vikings. They are a dark horse.
    Unless Frazier (Dungy tree) plans to change their D they play a lot of zone/cover 2. Kind of a waste of Revis talent. However Frazier played for Buddy Ryan so who knows.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets send Revis.

WINNER!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Something like that.
    I think you're on the right track, but the Bucs would probably want the conditions of the 2nd pick to include the ability to sign Revis. How about:

The 4th rounder escalates 1 round if Revis plays > 75% of the defensive plays

Plus it escalates 2 rounds if Revis is on the Bucs roster on April 1st, 2014

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im becoming more and more confident that Mr. Idzik will nickel and dime the bucs or anyone else interested in Revis for the best possible offer and will not jump the gun on a decent offer.

Also, if we do have 2 first round picks I agree that we should trade back and take an offensive playmaker like Tavon Austin. Speed kills in this league especially in the WCO. Not only does he have speed, hes a somewhat polished receiver that will only get better.

Unlike Heyward-Bey and Hill who are fast but raw, Austin will be a stand out WR at the next level IMO and can step in for Holmes next year after we cut his a$$

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You should be delighted seeing as you were all for shipping him off for a 2nd and a 4th and being happy with that.
    Haha, you must be the loneliest senior citizen at the home. Go back and read what I said. Better yet let someone who can actually read tell you what I said. I said if a 2nd and 4th was the best possible offer the Jets could get, meaning that it was either take the 2nd and 4th OR keep him for the year and let him go at the end of the season and only get a possible 3rd round comp pick for him plus an additional $9 million cap hit, I said I would rather take the 2nd and 4th.

Now I realize that you most likely aren't very bright so I'm just going to assume that you will disregard what I actually said and keep lying. And that's ok, sometimes "special" people need special treatment.
    Last edited by Choon328; 03-19-2013 at 12:37 AM.