Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we trade the best player in this teams history, at the age of 28, for a 2nd round ****ing pick. Im done with this regime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    The problem is, too many people are thinking of the pre-injury Revis. He is an unknown commodity right now. Will you feel short changed if he goes to TB and fizzles out b/c of a bum knee? You have to deal in the present, not in the past.
    Jets have to assume a posture of pre-injury revis. If they can't get someone to agree to that framing mechanism, they have got to decide on the odds that revis will be awesome again (imo high odds). Then. keep him. Sign him, let him play. If he is great again, then trade him at a premium.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Somebody is ready for the beach!

Im with ya, 2 & a 4? SCratch sand!
    It's been a long grisly winter here in Edmonton and March is my least favourite month. On top of that I've had a horrid case of the flu the last week. Damn rights I'm thinking of beach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Just terrible exchange of franchise value if true.

Izzy will be vilified forever in jets shame if that deal happens.
    There would be a lot of Jet fans that would never forgive him for a deal like this. Especially after the Harvin deal.

Would be a discrace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @NFLSTROUD: The Bucs have sent a private plane to pick up 49ers free agent S Dashon Goldson from California tonight, according to agent Ben Dogra.

@NFLSTROUD: The Bucs hope to reach a long-term agreement with Goldson that could be announced as early as Wednesday.

@NFLSTROUD: The Bucs used a similar approach to strike quick deals with WR Vincent Jackson, G Carl Nicks and CB Eric Wright last year.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 05:14 PM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    The problem is, too many people are thinking of the pre-injury Revis. He is an unknown commodity right now. Will you feel short changed if he goes to TB and fizzles out b/c of a bum knee? You have to deal in the present, not in the past.
    The problem is too many people are taking this article as if it is the word of God.

It's a lazy TB writer who based his story off of a blog written by an even lazier national writer.

There have been no "sources" that come close to suggesting TB has actually offered this deal to the Jets.

It's all speculation by lazy, bad sportswriters.

Nothing to see hear....lets all just move along.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Just be done with this board.

Win win for everyone.
    I second that.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone is missing the point. Jets have to go with the highest bidder. If the highest offer is a 2nd round pick you have to take it. Why? Because if he's on the team next year we risk losing him for absolutely nothing. Ziltch!!

It is what it is. Jets are not giving Revis 80-100 mil. And they also don't want to lose him for 0. You play the game and then take the highest offer. Also remember Revis hold the cards as well. Revis has to sign his name on the dotted line to an extension or noway is a team trading top picks for a 1 year rental.

Its a tough trade and in the end we will never get real value for Revis because of the contract Tanny left us with plus he's coming off major injury and can't prove his health in time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    2 and a 4? No deal, go pound sand. At that price we keep him for the year and have the best CB duo in the league. there has to be a line in the sand that you draw and a 2 and 4 is just not enough.
    Is a 2 and 4 better than keeping him for a year, finishing 5-11 and then losing him for nothing the following year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is just no way this happens without a 1st rounder involved.

No effing way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I think everyone is missing the point. Jets have to go with the highest bidder. If the highest offer is a 2nd round pick you have to take it. Why? Because if he's on the team next year we risk losing him for absolutely nothing. Ziltch!!

It is what it is. Jets are not giving Revis 80-100 mil. And they also don't want to lose him for 0. You play the game and then take the highest offer. Also remember Revis hold the cards as well. Revis has to sign his name on the dotted line to an extension or noway is a team trading top picks for a 1 year rental.

Its a tough trade and in the end we will never get real value for Revis because of the contract Tanny left us with.
    As usuall, LockeJet is right on the money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Is a 2 and 4 better than keeping him for a year, finishing 5-11 and then losing him for nothing the following year?
    Yes. Draft picks are iffy anyhow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who's to say we can't keep him and trade him during the season at the trading deadline. If Revis comes back and plays well his value well never be higher with teams with SB aspirations bidding against each otehr....

I know it's unlikely, but why hasn't this been mentioned at all?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A #2 this year and #1 next year works for me. But I suspect it won't happen until after the beginning of the regular season when he's proven back from injury.

The important thing is Idzik doesn't get bullied by other teams, agents, or the media. We need to stick to our guns and get value (IMO multiple picks with at least a #1) or resign him during next season. He cant hold out so we still have leverage and time on our side. We can also trade him after signing him to a long term deal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that it hasn't happened yet means something.

Where is this info coming from?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a tough trade and in the end we will never get real value for Revis because of the contract Tanny left us with plus he's coming off major injury and can't prove his health in time.
    That post is dead on.

Too bad you are in the vast minority here.

The Jets are in absolutley no position to demand what they receive from other teams. They take what they can get and move on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Who's to say we can't keep him and trade him during the season at the trading deadline. If Revis comes back and plays well his value well never be higher with teams with SB aspirations bidding against each otehr....

I know it's unlikely, but why hasn't this been mentioned at all?
    Right. I also think late August is a possibility. He plays a decent amount in the 3rd preseason game, shows he's back, a contender loses a CB....hello 2014 1st and 3rd, 2015 4th.....

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    We only owe him $6MM this year I thought. That's not exactly a burden. They can't absorb the cap hit we'll take in trading him. So basically, it's either a one-season rental (makes no sense for Tampa) or they commit to resigning him (and they have the cap room). So IMO, it's a 1st rounder + more or bad deal for the Jets. For a second round pick, I'd just as soon let him play out the season. We'll actually save some cap hit if I recall correctly.
    If we let Revis play out the season on his existing deal not only will he at the most bring us a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves (more likely a 4th) but he will also count $9 million in dead money in 2014 which will screw us big time. That's why the Jets need to take the best offer, whatever it is, and move him asap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a tough trade and in the end we will never get real value for Revis because of the contract Tanny left us with.
    Disagree, there are several factors you have to look at.

1) Revis, even injured is a generational CB talent.
    2) You get a full year of him next season which helps the team a lot.
    3) If the team is tanked you could still possibly trade him during the year next year.
    4) We could still sign him after next year.
    5) If he signs elsewhere we would most likely get a 3rdf round comp pick, depending on who else we lost or signed.
    6) You have to not cave in if the value is not there, especially for a new GM. Cave on this trade and everyone and their dog will be low balling you from now on.

If Revis came back and played well next year and the jets were still intent on dealing him they'd get at least a 2nd rounder before the trade deadline imo. Sometimes there are a lot of factors that make 'nothing' better than very poor value.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

But it's not Zilch. You'll get a 3rd comp. pick for him and have a chance to trade him in season. A contender loses a corner for the season and Revis is playing well...Then the Jets have the leverage.

Personally, I would rather keep him another year and get a 3rd comp. instead of giving him away for a 2 and a 4.