Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
    Schiano: "The reality of the game is this is a performance based game. You've got to win. They're not married to me....''

Schiano: "You've got to win or I'm not going to be the coach. Everybody in this game gets that.''

Schiano on whether he wants CB Eric Wright on the team. "Again, if he can help us win I do. We've got to see...''

Schiano: Certainly he's athletic enough to help us win. Is there another option that can help us win more? That's how I look at it.'

Schiano: "My whole thing is if you have a player under contract, well then you're in the position of advantage...''

Schiano: "...You don't move quickly until you know what's best for your club.''

Bucs WRs did not fumble the football once in 16 games, Schiano said. impressive.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-20-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
    TB coach Greg Schiano would not discuss Jets CB Darrelle Revis, but it's clear the Bucs are not trying to fast track an agreement.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

When local media discuss Revis' demands for the Jets, they say he's looking for the largest contract in football for defensive players, somewhere between 15-16 $Million

Today, this is what Mehta says what Revis will need form The Bucs

The Buccaneers will likely pay Revis an average annual salary in the neighborhood of $12 million-$13 million in a long-term deal, according to sources.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2O6u6UKEk
    Not sure why the media here hates the Jets so damn much....f-ing joke reading their BS

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    When local media discuss Revis' demands for the Jets, they say he's looking for the largest contract in football for defensive players, somewhere between 15-16 $Million

Not sure why the media here hates the Jets so damn much....f-ing joke reading their BS
    Agreed Mehta is in over his head. BTW I'm in charleston for business this own is awesome!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Agreed Mehta is in over his head. BTW I'm in charleston for business this own is awesome!
    I'm across the bridge in Mt Pleasant.....great place Thanks

Just saw this too. If that's all he wanted, why the hell wouldn't we resign him?!

My only guess is that he is willing to take 2-3 mill less a year to sign one year early and before he needs to prove himself all the way back.

Veteran
    If he would really only sign for 12-13 million (which I'm not sure about) and a big reason we're not signing him is Woody (which I totally believe), then that's horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    If he would really only sign for 12-13 million (which I'm not sure about) and a big reason we're not signing him is Woody (which I totally believe), then that's horrific.
    For the 100th time Woody is manipulating all of you, along with the media, to be on the "trade Revis" bandwagon. Woody is the worst owner in professional sports. Either sell the team or stop your ignorant meddling.

I've been saying this for weeks. I guarantee you Revis isn't asking for 15-16 mil because of one the injury and two corners don't make QB money. Woody just doesn't wanna deal with Revis anymore because of the holdout issues, that's all. Do I blame him? Yes. Revis is and was only doing what's in HIS best interest. Now because of that Woody painted him to be a monster and most of you ate it right out of his hands.

You don't trade the best player in your franchises history, you just don't. Time to join the "woody sucks" bandwagon and get a refund for your "trade Revis" ride.

Rant over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    For the 100th time Woody is manipulating all of you, along with the media, to be on the "trade Revis" bandwagon. Woody is the worst owner in professional sports. Either sell the team or stop your ignorant meddling.

I've been saying this for weeks. I guarantee you Revis isn't asking for 15-16 mil because of one the injury and two corners don't make QB money. Woody just doesn't wanna deal with Revis anymore because of the holdout issues, that's all. Do I blame him? Yes. Revis is and was only doing what's in HIS best interest. Now because of that Woody painted him to be a monster and most of you ate it right out of his hands.

You don't trade the best player in your franchises history, you just don't. Time to join the "woody sucks" bandwagon and get a refund for your "trade Revis" ride.

Rant over.
    He may be the best CB in franchise history but the best player?? Lets see Revis can do what is in his best interest but Woody can't??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He may be the best CB in franchise history but the best player?? Lets see Revis can do what is in his best interest but Woody can't??
    Best in their lifetime or most overpaid is more like it.. Revis is at least 30th on the Jets all time list and probably far lower..not even close to the impact of Namath, Maynard, Snell, Sauer, Klecko Riggins Walker and Gastineau to name 8 better Jets easily...Heck, Randy Beverley did more in a big game when it counted than Mevi$ ever did
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 03-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Best in their lifetime or most overpaid is more like it.. Revis is at least 30th on the Jets all time list and probably far lower..not even close to the impact of Namath, Maynard, Snell, Sauer, Klecko Riggins Walker and Gastineau to name 8 better Jets easily...Heck, Randy Beverley did more in a big game when it counted than Mevi$ ever did
    i will grant you i've never seen those guy play, however, i find anything less than top 5 jet a bit far fetched. are you talking pure ability/skill or impact on the team during his tenure?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    How is trading your best player in any way shape or form in anyone's interest besides the team trading for him?

I understand my rankings are skewed because I didn't see Namath, Maynard, etc play. But the fact is he is Deion level at Corner. Namath wasnt Montana or Manning. Maynard wasn't Rice or Calvin Johnson. That's not a knock on them they were HOF players. But Revis is, in my opinion, on a completely different level of play than they were at their positions. You can dislike the man, I can't say I liked all the holdout BS, but he fact remains we are a better team with Revis than unproven draft picks that we'll pray become 50% of the player he is.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    How is trading your best player in any way shape or form in anyone's interest besides the team trading for him?

I understand my rankings are skewed because I didn't see Namath, Maynard, etc play. But the fact is he is Deion level at Corner. Namath wasnt Montana or Manning. Maynard wasn't Rice or Calvin Johnson. That's not a knock on them they were HOF players. But Revis is, in my opinion, on a completely different level of play than they were at their positions. You can dislike the man, I can't say I liked all the holdout BS, but he fact remains we are a better team with Revis than unproven draft picks that we'll pray become 50% of the player he is.
    Trading away your best player helps a team like the Jets because there are more holes to worry about on the team.Trading that player gets more picks to build. Have you noticed that the jets dont have a starting FS or SS?

Did you dislike his rookie holdout the most, or one of the two since that time? Revis may have something real special planned for the 2013 holdout.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    My only guess is that he is willing to take 2-3 mill less a year to sign one year early and before he needs to prove himself all the way back.
    There is an interesting article Jason wrote for his new website (overthecap.com) that was posted in a thread on this site. I don't have the patience to search for it and Jason's new site is currently down. I'm sure some of you remember the piece I am referring to.

In this article he points out, for various reasons, the market price of a cornerback has gone down quite a bit. If Jason is correct (which he usually is), regardless of who Revis signs his next contract with, he is not likely to cash in for as much as he had hoped. It is entirely possible that if the Jets re-sign Revis, it will be in the $12M-$13M/year range.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Trading away your best player helps a team like the Jets because there are more holes to worry about on the team.Trading that player gets more picks to build. Have you noticed that the jets dont have a starting FS or SS?

Did you dislike his rookie holdout the most, or one of the two since that time?
    When was the third holdout?

Obviously I know we need a lot of players but safety was the wrong position to bring up. We made it to the AFCCG with Jimmy and Eric Smith back there. Do we need to trade Revis to regain a player of Jim's or Smiths talent? No, no we do not.

GTFO old man, 30th best Jet ever???????

Are you high???

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    i will grant you i've never seen those guy play, however, i find anything less than top 5 jet a bit far fetched. are you talking pure ability/skill or impact on the team during his tenure?
    On what can we base Revis as top 5 anything, especially now? By what Gary Myers says?

A spotty 2010 with no INTs, a so-so 2nd half of 2011 (with some knee problems IIRC, dont know if it was the same knee he injured), a handful of games in 2012...
    Other CBs have allowed fewer yards per pass than Revis in recent years (Samuel, Sherman) and perhaps the fact he hasn't been dealt yet is a reflection of that

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    GTFO old man, 30th best Jet ever???????

Are you high???
    Didn't wanna put it so bluntly but here's the fact.

Just as the younger crowd may over rate players of their (our) era the older crowd over rates players of their era. Let me ask you this, who out of the older crowd was happy to see Namath in a different uniform? No one?

On what can we base Revis as top 5 anything, especially now? By what Gary Myers says?

A spotty 2010 with no INTs, a so-so 2nd half of 2011 (with some knee problems IIRC, dont know if it was the same knee he injured), a handful of games in 2012...
    Other CBs have allowed fewer yards per pass than Revis in recent years (Samuel, Sherman) and perhaps the fact he hasn't been dealt yet is a reflection of that
    You just lost all credibility by using INTs as a stat reference for corners.. I'm responding on my phone and can't search for the link but check out yards per attempt or completion percentage or qb rating for any of the 3 years prior to 2012 (injured). Its on profootballfocus.com. Do some research before you bash a player on your own team. Asante Samuel? Wow.