Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Take it for whats its worth since its a local sports guy....

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/03/12...-partner-soon/

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Jet View Post
    Take it for whats its worth since its a local sports guy....

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/03/12...-partner-soon/
    Just a rehash of Florio's article.

But keep us posted on any Tampa radio/TV reports.

"The compensation in the trade is not confirmed, but might entail a 2nd round selection in the 2013 NFL draft and a conditional 4th round selection in the 2014 NFL draft."

Seems pretty low if this guy is right.

"The compensation in the trade is not confirmed, but might entail a 2nd round selection in the 2013 NFL draft and a conditional 4th round selection in the 2014 NFL draft."

Sorry, I overlooked the pro football reference, so it may be just the usual media garbage.

I hope they can make a deal soon!

Veteran
    A #2 this year and a #4 next year? No thanks.

I'm not even interested in trading Revis unless there is a first round pick involved in this year's draft or next year's.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

I would say that is about right.

Probably another pick as well somewhere. Remember, the actual deal facts come later.

What would make it worth it things like "Tampa Bay would absorb all the remaining salary owed to Revis by the Jets".

Things like that make it bigger than just the picks.

Just terrible exchange of franchise value if true.

Izzy will be vilified forever in jets shame if that deal happens.

What about the Eagles... 2nd rounder and Foles?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I would say that is about right.

Probably another pick as well somewhere. Remember, the actual deal facts come later.

What would make it worth it things like "Tampa Bay would absorb all the remaining salary owed to Revis by the Jets".

Things like that make it bigger than just the picks.
    We only owe him $6MM this year I thought. That's not exactly a burden. They can't absorb the cap hit we'll take in trading him. So basically, it's either a one-season rental (makes no sense for Tampa) or they commit to resigning him (and they have the cap room). So IMO, it's a 1st rounder + more or bad deal for the Jets. For a second round pick, I'd just as soon let him play out the season. We'll actually save some cap hit if I recall correctly.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    The problem is, too many people are thinking of the pre-injury Revis. He is an unknown commodity right now. Will you feel short changed if he goes to TB and fizzles out b/c of a bum knee? You have to deal in the present, not in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    The problem is, too many people are thinking of the pre-injury Revis. He is an unknown commodity right now. Will you feel short changed if he goes to TB and fizzles out b/c of a bum knee? You have to deal in the present, not in the past.
    True, but the harvin trade affected the entire market.

Harvin is also coming off a bad injury (not an ACL obviously) and has had injury issues his whole career.

He has been a tough player to deal with for the Vikings

And is an UFA after this season.

Revis should be bringing back more then a mid-2nd round pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    The injury seemed very minor. Sure it was an acl tear, but it looked like he stubbed a toe or something.

I cant see it affecting his value in a major or even minor way.

2 and a 4? No deal, go pound sand. At that price we keep him for the year and have the best CB duo in the league. there has to be a line in the sand that you draw and a 2 and 4 is just not enough.

A first round pick in 2014 and the rest is details. But the jets have to get a first round pick for Revis and preferably in next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    2 and a 4? No deal, go pound sand. At that price we keep him for the year and have the best CB duo in the league. there has to be a line in the sand that you draw and a 2 and 4 is just not enough.
    Who leaked this info?

If it's from the Jets camp, then that's a smoke signal.

"Oh, we're getting offered a 2nd. Anyone willing to do 'a little' bit better? How about a 1st?"

If it's from the team offering, then it also means nothing. Why would you show your cards? So other teams can offer a 2nd and a 3rd?

It's all crap.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Somebody is ready for the beach!

Im with ya, 2 & a 4? SCratch sand!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Just terrible exchange of franchise value if true.

Izzy will be vilified forever in jets shame if that deal happens.
    This. Honestly, if that's the best offer they or any other team is willing to give then I'd just keep him this year and take the compensatory pick next year. That offer is absolute ass and in no way, shape, or form worth trading him for.