Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    What guarentee does a really bad year give us?! What if we end up with the 3rd pick and the one QB we want and is the real deal is gone?! What if we end up like the Lions, Browns etc. who have been horrible for years?!

Yeah, then what...
    I feel like ideally we need a high pick next year if we want a good shot at that franchise qb we need. That's why Idzk is pretty much holding out for 2014 pick for Revis.

But of course the team isn't going to tank it. If they suck, then so be it. But of they get in the playoffs and people are complaining about not getting a high pick then that's just foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Well he certainly posts like a dic-tater
    He must be really fried from the St Patrick's Day festivities.

Aaaand this thread just got awesome lol... if I am correct JetPotato was the root of the awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Absurd. This isn't a fantasy football league with friends. It's the NFL. There is a reason the Ravens always have a good team, b/c they get it. Most people would look at the Boldin trade and say that the Ravens got fleeced but they would be wrong. They never had any intention of keeping him or his salary so they made him available and took the best offer which was a 6th. That might seem low to some people but it's better then nothing. That's how good FO work, they don't give players away b/c they believe they should get more. Revis is worth what a team will give the Jets not anything more or less, it's basic f*cking business principles. And the crazy thing is that if they do keep him and he leaves the same people will be screaming and asking how come the Jets didn't trade him when they had the chance. And Revis will not bring back a 3rd (which is basically a 4th). It is very rare to get a 3rd round comp pick.
    Also there is no guarantee Jets will get a compensation pick for Revis. Why The Jets will have how much money to play with in free agency in 2014. They sign a big name free agent and that has effect on Revis leaving and the compensation they get back. They spend way more than they lost and they get Nada for Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Aaaand this thread just got awesome lol... if I am correct JetPotato was the root of the awesomeness.
    Agreed:He's so awesome I'd give him my last buck,but he'd only fritter it away

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Also there is no guarantee Jets will get a compensation pick for Revis. Why The Jets will have how much money to play with in free agency in 2014. They sign a big name free agent and that has effect on Revis leaving and the compensation they get back. They spend way more than they lost and they get Nada for Revis.
    Hakeem Nicks is the only notable, big money FA next offseason

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You should meet his sister I-Da-ho..

Hall Of Fame
    I yam what I yam

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Dude, not cool. No matter how easy she is to get in the sack.

All League
    These potato puns are Yukon gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    And weren't you the one that said the Jets would not be able to generate a market for Revis?

Ummm FAIL... again...

@RichCimini: Jets in no rush to make a deal: A week ago, Darrelle Revis was supposedly a goner. Now there are reports ... http://t.co/c2oa6lPCxv #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Rex has managed to put together an elite defense just about every year with marginal talent. Aside from Revis (and maybe Cro) this defense hasn't had much talent on the DL/LB/S spot since he got here. Finally, the likes of Mo and Coples are emerging. But I have faith that Rex can turn guys like Barnes/Harris/Davis/Mcintyre/Random rookie into a decent group of LBers. The DL is pretty solid already. And we played most of last year with Cro/Kyle at the CB.

The main weakness now is at safety, but he has managed to "make it work" with the likes of Leonard/E. Smith for the last few years, so i'm sure he can make it work with Allen/Bush/????

Of course, our offense will still be a glaring weakness, but all hope is not lost heading into this season. At least not for me.
    Our defense had mediocre talent last season especially once Revis went down with the knee injury. Outside of Cro, Landry, Wilk and occasionally Coples our defense had no legit playmakers the rest of the defense was old, slow and JAG. Top it all off with all the Offense and ST turnovers and our defense starting out in our territory.

It's a miracle Rex got our defense to play effectively at all last season.

Idzik is playing this Revis situation very well. If he holds out and gets someone's first round pick in 2014 as well as something else from the same draft he may have pulled it off. Revis = franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Idzik is playing this Revis situation very well. If he holds out and gets someone's first round pick in 2014 as well as something else from the same draft he may have pulled it off. Revis = franchise QB.
    LOL.

No.

There's a reason there's only one team that's willing to possibly give up a 1st round pick for Revis. Desperation. CB's are not worth 1st round picks, no matter how good they are. This is not the 1990's and before. It's all about your Quarterback, protecting your Quarterback and pass rush. That's it.

I do believe it's time for Rex to start to find talent in the UDFA market. Part of the reason Rex got the NYJ job was because they touted he had a history of getting very important/integral guys off the scrap heap. Jim Leonhard comes to mind for one. leonhard to my knowledge was either a very late round draft pick or undrafted that came from Buffalo's practice squad. he became the QB of Rex's defense.

Who knows? Maybe he thinks he's got something with Bush and Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    LOL.

No.

There's a reason there's only one team that's willing to possibly give up a 1st round pick for Revis. Desperation. CB's are not worth 1st round picks, no matter how good they are. This is not the 1990's and before. It's all about your Quarterback, protecting your Quarterback and pass rush. That's it.
    not worth 1st round picks yet CBs are drafted in the first more often than most positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Dude, not cool. No matter how easy she is to get in the sack.

She enjoys fingerlings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    She enjoys fingerlings.
    Especially in her curly spot..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    not worth 1st round picks yet CBs are drafted in the first more often than most positions?
    They are drafted as DB's which is more then 1 position safety/CB That's like saying D-linemen instead of DE/DT.. Last draft there were more DE's then DB's..