Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He ain't going nowhere . You heard it here first
    I am staring to feel the same way

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't believe that's the case. I think the Bucs are working on a contract with Revis' agents.
    Jets still havenít contacted Revis camp

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe Jets have an offer on the table from the Buccaneers for cornerback Darrelle Revis. The deal includes potential terms of compensation for Revis.
    The Jets apparently arenít impressed. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets have still not communicated any potential offers to the Revis camp.
    The Jets declined comment, reiterating their overall position regarding Revis.
    If the Jets drag their feet, the Bucs could turn to Falcons cornerback Brent Grimes, or to another option at corner.
    It could be that the Jets know Revis wonít be impressed by the offer. Though the Jets and Revis havenít negotiated, itís generally accepted that heís looking for a deal in the range of $15 million to $16 million per year.
    At some point, the Jets may have to decide whether theyíre willing to trade Revis without an extension. If no one will give Revis what he wants, it could be the only way to remove what is becoming an increasingly significant distraction.

Permalink 14 Comments Back to top

Email

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It's amazingly goofy to me that some Jet fans are so smug that they can whine that a player is too good and is therefore boring. This has to be the dumbest logic ever.

And once again, really slow, it's about the player, not the team, cap etc. Talking about his play being boring. I want him traded, doesn't mean I will then down play his talents to stroke myself into believing his contributions were minimal or not entertaining
    And I'll talk even slower . . . I can't find enjoyment in watching someone who isn't on my television most of the game. Yes, we get to see a slow motion replay now and then. But I just don't see my enjoyment of the game decreasing just because 24 isn't on the field.

You KNOW there's something wrong with a team when its CB is the "most exciting player". The best? Sure. But entertaining? Not enough to cry over . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate florio

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    And I'll talk even slower . . . I can't find enjoyment in watching someone who isn't on my television most of the game. Yes, we get to see a slow motion replay now and then. But I just don't see my enjoyment of the game decreasing just because 24 isn't on the field.

You KNOW there's something wrong with a team when its CB is the "most exciting player". The best? Sure. But entertaining? Not enough to cry over . . .
    I just leave when the good players are on the the field....
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 03-12-2013 at 10:15 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Jets still havenít contacted Revis camp

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe Jets have an offer on the table from the Buccaneers for cornerback Darrelle Revis. The deal includes potential terms of compensation for Revis.
    The Jets apparently arenít impressed. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets have still not communicated any potential offers to the Revis camp.
    The Jets declined comment, reiterating their overall position regarding Revis.
    If the Jets drag their feet, the Bucs could turn to Falcons cornerback Brent Grimes, or to another option at corner.
    It could be that the Jets know Revis wonít be impressed by the offer. Though the Jets and Revis havenít negotiated, itís generally accepted that heís looking for a deal in the range of $15 million to $16 million per year.
    At some point, the Jets may have to decide whether theyíre willing to trade Revis without an extension. If no one will give Revis what he wants, it could be the only way to remove what is becoming an increasingly significant distraction.

Permalink 14 Comments Back to top

Email
    I don't believe a word of it. Reports on NFLN and all these twitter followers were saying how a deal was close, etc. Revis camp was in on it. There's something else.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

I'm entertained by wins

I could give a rats a$$ if we have Drew Brees slinigng it for 5500 yards

I want wins, and with Rex we win ugly

I am thoroughly entertained winning ugly

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade revis, sign aso

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He ain't going nowhere . You heard it here first
    I think he will only go if the Jets get blown away by an offer, or that the compensation is very good. They aren't trading him for peanuts.

I also think the Jets are working to establish the market for Revis while holding on to all the cards.

In turn, they get to evaluate Revis' value, while also now working FA to figure out what the financial market will be for Revis.

Overall, I truly think the Jets are neither committed to trading, him, or keeping him, but will do either, whichever gives the Jets the upper hand.

Establish the market, show Revis he isn't worth his asking price, and give him a big extension that is fair market value and still protects the team given his injury status, or be blown away by an offer that they can't refuse, as FA has now started, and the DB market is completely held up by Revis' situation. Teams are going to start getting desperate, and that is what the Jets are doing, playing the FA game the right way, letting the market come to them.

Even funnier, are the fans that complained about how the Jets had too many leaks, bought into the media rhetoric of the "circus," and now, the Jets locked their entire operation down, are letting nothing out, and those same fans AND people in the media are killing the Jets for being quiet.

So funny
    Last edited by Jetitude; 03-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep prayin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I'm entertained by wins

Last night you said DRob wasn't horrible, now "we win"..

Are you sarcastic, I can't tell?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetitude View Post
    I think he will only go if the Jets get blown away by an offer, or that the compensation is very good. They aren't trading him for peanuts.

I also think the Jets are working to establish the market for Revis while holding on to all the cards.

In turn, they get to evaluate Revis' value, while also now working FA to figure out what the financial market will be for Revis.

Overall, I truly think the Jets are neither committed to trading, him, or keeping him, but will do either, whichever gives the Jets the upper hand.

Establish the market, show Revis he isn't worth his asking price, and give him a big extension that is fair market value and still protects the team given his injury status, or be blown away by an offer that they can't refuse, as FA as now started, and the DB market is completely held up by Revis' situation. Teams are going to start getting desperate, and that is what the Jets are doing, playing the game the right way.

Even funnier, are the fans that complained about how the Jets gave up too many leaks, bought into the media rhetoric of the "circus," and now, the Jets locked their entire operation down, are letting nothing out, and those same fans AND people in the media are killing the Jets for being quiet.

So funny

Very good points. They will trade him, if they like the compensation. Or they will hold on to him and trade him later or try to sign him, knowing what his market value is (from these teams giving them paremeters and other CBs signing). Revis can be mad and say he will leave the jets, but he wouldn't if ther eis more money on the table.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Trade revis, sign aso
    And there it is, honestly its the best scenario.

Aso was forced to play in zone coverage on a terrible overall defense. He excels in man-to-man and was humbled by being released.

Aso, cro and wilson is still an outstanding secondary.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking News would be he signed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm entertained by wins

Really? We haven't won in 2 seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Last night you said DRob wasn't horrible, now "we win"..

Are you sarcastic, I can't tell?
    We'd win more with a better QB

Then I'd be entertained on a more weekly basis

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Really? We haven't won in 2 seasons.
    It's all Rex' fault...I know, blah blah blah

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm entertained by wins

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but if we're gonna change the subject I'll take Brees over Revis ANY DAY . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetitude View Post

Establish the market, show Revis he isn't worth his asking price, and give him a big extension that is fair market value and still protects the team given his injury status, or be blown away by an offer that they can't refuse.

Even funnier, are the fans that complained about how the Jets gave up too many leaks, bought into the media rhetoric of the "circus," and now, the Jets locked their entire operation down, are letting nothing out, and those same fans AND people in the media are killing the Jets for being quiet.

So funny
    How is what they are doing is showing showing Revis what he is worth, when he can't even run?

Do you think that Revis thinks his value will be more when he can put a helmet on this summer than what is is now when he can't even run in a straight line for another month? Just because a team will only offer him something less before he can work out and is tied to the jets and would require pick compensation vs what his worth would be next off season when the team won't have to offer compensation and he is one year removed from his injury.