Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pewter report- tampa bay bucs blog reporting that this thing is almost done.. lets see what idzik pulls off..

Pewter Report ‏@PewterReport
    Based on info I just received, I'm more sure that CB Darrelle Revis will be a Buc by Sat. Jets have to pay him $1 mil roster bonus tomorrow.
    David Ulrich ‏@daulrichs
    @PewterReport Since Revis' roster bonus has been known, what did u find out today that convinces u the trade will happen by tomorrow?
    @daulrichs No offense but if we say, then we give up sources. If we give up sources then we no longer HAVE sources. Delicate balance.
    David Ulrich ‏@daulrichs
    @PewterReport Fair enough. just wanted 2 make sure it was more than roster bonus being due. no other media r reporting this newest update.
    @daulrichs We had conversations with inside info people this evening. Of course any blockbuster deal could blow up at the last second.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope some of you are prepared to be disappointed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    I hope some of you are prepared to be disappointed.
    We just have to hope it's win/win -- either keeping a player of Revis' stature or getting a "good" haul for him. As long as those are my options, I won't be disappointed either way . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course people will be disappointed. If the Jets receive only a 2nd for Revis, certain people will ask why not a 1st. If the Jets receive a 1st, others will say why not a 1st AND another pick. If the Jets receive a 1st and another pick, people will complain that the second pick should be conditional. Others will complain about what year the 1st is (2013 vs 2014), and then others will complain about it being/not being conditional. Then people will complain that there are no players involved, or if there are players involved they'll complain that they don't want that player. Then people will ***** because he was traded. Why didn't the Jets extend Revis? He's a nice guy, etc.

No matter what happens, people are going to complain, and this message board will become unbearable for a time being.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are 100 percent correct

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Of course people will be disappointed. If the Jets receive only a 2nd for Revis, certain people will ask why not a 1st. If the Jets receive a 1st, others will say why not a 1st AND another pick. If the Jets receive a 1st and another pick, people will complain that the second pick should be conditional. Others will complain about what year the 1st is (2013 vs 2014), and then others will complain about it being/not being conditional. Then people will complain that there are no players involved, or if there are players involved they'll complain that they don't want that player. Then people will ***** because he was traded. Why didn't the Jets extend Revis? He's a nice guy, etc.

No matter what happens, people are going to complain, and this message board will become unbearable for a time being.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VilmaMLB51 View Post
    Pewter report- tampa bay bucs blog reporting that this thing is almost done.. lets see what idzik pulls off..
    If Revis agents really worked a deal with Tampa then adios Mr. Island because all you are really about is the money. Two or 3 of them type of players on a team and its no longer a team. Revis is simply about who gonna give him the most money cause Tampa stinks. I would love to see this happen. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Revis. Hold out once - on a rookie contract hmmm. Hold out a second time shame on you. A third time would be shame on Jets. Apparently its not gonna get that far.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Dead on but you left out those who will whine that it's a weak draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    See ya Revis.

I just hope we get a 2014 pick. But maybe they plan on taking a QB this year instead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention those that don't want him traded will complain next year at this time when he signs with Miami or some other team and the Jets end up with the 97th pick, at best, of the 2015 draft. They'll then complain, 'we should have traded him last year..stupid Idzik".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If and when he is traded, there should be a thread started with an over/under as to how long it will take before Revis holds out with his new team.

It should provide years of entertainment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If and when he is traded, there should be a thread started with an over/under as to how long it will take before Revis holds out with his new team.

It should provide years of entertainment.

It will be fun watching him hold out once the guaranteed money is paid.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny part is that you KNOW its going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

It will be fun watching him hold out once the guaranteed money is paid.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    See ya Revis.

I just hope we get a 2014 pick. But maybe they plan on taking a QB this year instead.
    They probably will take one. I see our situation playing out the same way it did for Carolina and Clausen a few years back. We'll draft someone outside of the first, let him sit for a bit and learn, when the season is mathematically "over" we'll play the rook and see if there is anything worth developing instead of using a high pick on a qb instead of 2014.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    They probably will take one. I see our situation playing out the same way it did for Carolina and Clausen a few years back. We'll draft someone outside of the first, let him sit for a bit and learn, when the season is mathematically "over" we'll play the rook and see if there is anything worth developing instead of using a high pick on a qb instead of 2014.
    And look where Claussen is...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    If Revis agents really worked a deal with Tampa then adios Mr. Island because all you are really about is the money.

AND on top of all that - no offense to any Florida friends - well, Tampa is a bit of a dump. Trading NYC for that sleepy backwater . . .hmm, I could never do it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VilmaMLB51 View Post
    lol inside info people. Those guys are the best.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll believe it when it happens. All these "inside" sources are complete BS and just beat reporters trying to blow smoke.
    Last edited by BleedGnW; 03-16-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The point?

He said they would take one out of the 1st.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    That's not what I meant though. The point is they will at least try to find someone this year. Whether it's in the second or later, we will likely draft a guy this year in an attempt to spend what will likely be a high to maybe even middle 1st rd pick on something other than QB next year. I personally like this method and see it as a win-win for us. We either managed to find a solid guy to build around without using a first OR he and the rest of the team just suck and we get a legitimate franchise guy next year where the chances of finding a qb of that caliber is much more likely.

You're right too, Clausen absolutely bombed in the NFL. That said if our guy this year follows in his footsteps....Bridgewater 2014 ...
    Last edited by Mogglez; 03-16-2013 at 12:56 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    That's not what I meant though. The point is they will at least try to find someone this year. Wether it's in the second or later, we will likely draft a guy this year in an attempt to spend what will likely be a high to maybe even middle 1st rd pick on something other than QB. I personally like this method and see it as a win-win for us. We either managed to find a solid guy to build around without using a first OR he and the rest of the team just suck and we get a legitimate franchise guy next year where the chances of finding a qb of that caliber is much more likely.

Bridgewater 2014 ...
    I think you draft BPA. Right now, take the best player that gives fills a position.

Warmack is the best example. All the "experts" feel he's the safest pick in the first round. IF he's available, you take him. Do the same with the rest of the picks.