Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    "The compensation in the trade is not confirmed, but might entail a 2nd round selection in the 2013 NFL draft and a conditional 4th round selection in the 2014 NFL draft."

Seems pretty low if this guy is right.
    I agree man, I doubt they take it.. maybe just 1st offer.. but Ive been saying for a while now our fans are nuts thinking we are getting 2 1sts, or low 1st, ect..

Jets should hold onto him and trade him before deadline if they cant beat this deal..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The injury seemed very minor. Sure it was an acl tear, but it looked like he stubbed a toe or something.

I cant see it affecting his value in a major or even minor way.
    That's not what I heard. I heard it was comparable to Adrian Peterson's.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    That's not what I heard. I heard it was comparable to Adrian Peterson's.
    It didn't look as bad as Peterson's.

Difference also, Revis had his in the beginning of the year. Peterson towards the end.

Opposite ends of the spectrum on both of these items.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    True, but the harvin trade affected the entire market.

Harvin is also coming off a bad injury (not an ACL obviously) and has had injury issues his whole career.

He has been a tough player to deal with for the Vikings

And is an UFA after this season.

Revis should be bringing back more then a mid-2nd round pick.
    Apples and oranges to compare an offensive player to a defensive one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Disagree, there are several factors you have to look at.

1) Revis, even injured is a generational CB talent.
    2) You get a full year of him next season which helps the team a lot.
    3) If the team is tanked you could still possibly trade him during the year next year.
    4) We could still sign him after next year.
    5) If he signs elsewhere we would most likely get a 3rdf round comp pick, depending on who else we lost or signed.
    6) You have to not cave in if the value is not there, especially for a new GM. Cave on this trade and everyone and their dog will be low balling you from now on.

If Revis came back and played well next year and the jets were still intent on dealing him they'd get at least a 2nd rounder before the trade deadline imo. Sometimes there are a lot of factors that make 'nothing' better than very poor value.
    Absurd. This isn't a fantasy football league with friends. It's the NFL. There is a reason the Ravens always have a good team, b/c they get it. Most people would look at the Boldin trade and say that the Ravens got fleeced but they would be wrong. They never had any intention of keeping him or his salary so they made him available and took the best offer which was a 6th. That might seem low to some people but it's better then nothing. That's how good FO work, they don't give players away b/c they believe they should get more. Revis is worth what a team will give the Jets not anything more or less, it's basic f*cking business principles. And the crazy thing is that if they do keep him and he leaves the same people will be screaming and asking how come the Jets didn't trade him when they had the chance. And Revis will not bring back a 3rd (which is basically a 4th). It is very rare to get a 3rd round comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Apples and oranges to compare an offensive player to a defensive one.
    Revis at his position >>>>>>>> Harvin at his position

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Absurd. This isn't a fantasy football league with friends. It's the NFL. There is a reason the Ravens always have a good team, b/c they get it. Most people would look at the Boldin trade and say that the Ravens got fleeced but they would be wrong. They never had any intention of keeping him or his salary so they made him available and took the best offer which was a 6th. That might seem low to some people but it's better then nothing. That's how good FO work, they don't give players away b/c they believe they should get more. Revis is worth what a team will give the Jets not anything more or less, it's basic f*cking business principles. And the crazy thing is that if they do keep him and he leaves the same people will be screaming and asking how come the Jets didn't trade him when they had the chance. And Revis will not bring back a 3rd (which is basically a 4th). It is very rare to get a 3rd round comp pick.
    I think the point he's making is that this isn't the end of the road. A trade doesn't have to happen now. The Jets still have options, to trade him now just to get it out of the way is the wrong decision.

Really can't and shouldn't compare Boldin to Revis at this point in their careers.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Your Ravens comparison is good, but there are also misguided teams in the league like the Raiders, Browns, and Rams.

Im fully aware of the contract scenario, but anything less than a 1st rounder, the Jets are getting fleeced.

Utter nonsense, you are comparing Revis to Boldin? lol And comparing Ozzie Newsome a long time well respected gm vs idzik who has been on the job for 2 weeks? Do you even know what goes into deciding comp picks? Revis is not going to sign his next deal on the cheap. If he doesn't get a 3rd rounder for his quality of play, his future contract then no one is.

You have a fatal assumption. 'Revis is worth what other teams are willing to pay.' okay I offer a 7th rounder in 2020. Are you up for that? Or do you actually place a value on an asset and not roll over like dog for a bone?

Please tell me your absolute bargain basement trade fro Revis. I want to hear this.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    True, but the harvin trade affected the entire market.

Harvin is also coming off a bad injury (not an ACL obviously) and has had injury issues his whole career.

He has been a tough player to deal with for the Vikings

And is an UFA after this season.

Revis should be bringing back more then a mid-2nd round pick.
    +24

I'll be completely Bull$hi! if we don't receive atleast a 1st and 3rd minimum. For a 2nd and 4th Ill take my chances keeping him where worst case scenario we get a 3rd as compensation for losing him to FA next year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    But it's not Zilch. You'll get a 3rd comp. pick for him and have a chance to trade him in season. A contender loses a corner for the season and Revis is playing well...Then the Jets have the leverage.

Personally, I would rather keep him another year and get a 3rd comp. instead of giving him away for a 2 and a 4.
    So basically what you're saying is that if you had a football, which you think is worth $35, and you were looking to sell it knowing that you had to give it up in 1 year and also knowing that if you waited that year you would only get $15 as compensation. I'm offering you $25 right now for it and that's your best offer. You're telling me that you would turn down that offer just b/c in your own head you think it's worth more? It's worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't get how people don't understand that.

Utter nonsense, you are comparing Revis to Boldin? lol And comparing Ozzie Newsome a long time well respected gm vs idzik who has been on the job for 2 weeks? Do you even know what goes into deciding comp picks? Revis is not going to sign his next deal on the cheap. If he doesn't get a 3rd rounder for his quality of play, his future contract then no one is.

You have a fatal assumption. 'Revis is worth what other teams are willing to pay.' okay I offer a 7th rounder in 2020. Are you up for that? Or do you actually place a value on an asset and not roll over like dog for a bone?

Please tell me your absolute bargain basement trade fro Revis. I want to hear this.
    And all these comparisons with REvis and HArvin and Boldin are moot.

Line Revis up against Boldin, and Revis wins

Line Revis up against Harvin, and Revis wins.

I don't believe what's been "reported" (if you want to call it that), is the actual offer.

Hall Of Fame
    Bucs are going to sign Goldson. They are picking him up in a private jet and taking him to their facility.

When they sign him, it will not leave much room for a Revis deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +24

I'll be completely Bull$hi! if we don't receive atleast a 1st and 3rd minimum. For a 2nd and 4th Ill take my chances keeping him where worst case scenario we get a 3rd as compensation for losing him to FA next year.
    And that would be the absolutely wrong thing to do. The comp pick is not set in stone and I would bet will not happen if the Revis walks. If the 2nd and 4th is the best the Jets can get, then that is what they will take.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bucs are going to sign Goldson. They are picking him up in a private jet and taking him to their facility.

Bucs have $30m in cap space. How much is Goldson going to take up?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    And that would be the absolutely wrong thing to do. The comp pick is not set in stone and I would bet will not happen if the Revis walks. If the 2nd and 4th is the best the Jets can get, then that is what they will take.
    For the reasons I listed above there is more to it than the thought that we have to trade him now for what ever anyone will offer us. It's the wrong way to do business. We have options.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Probably 6 million a year. They have money left, they just might not want to put it all in their secondary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

The Bucs have over $30 mill in cap space and I doubt Goldson gets more than $6 million per.

They have a sh*t ton of cash to go after Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Its not only about the cap space. They spent a 1st rounder on Barron last year. That is a lot of resources to have invested in a secondary.

Not impossible for them to do by any means but they also have other needs.

Banned

You're 7th round trade idea is assinine. You're acting like a 2nd and 4th round offer is something to sneeze at. You actually said that you would rather take a 3rd round pick over a 2nd round pick, why? Is Revis bringing us to the playoffs this year? You do realize that we went 8-8 in 2011 with Revis and 6-10 without him. Biggest difference in those 2 losses wasn't missing Revis, it was our anemic offense.

Maybe you don't understand how the NFL works. If we let him play out the 2013 on our team and then let him walk and I concede that we may get a 3rd rd comp pick (which is at the end of the 3rd round so basically a 4th) did you know that the Jets would still get hit with a $9 million cap hit b/c of the accelerated bonus money in 2014, 2015 and 2016 that we would owe him? So not only would we get less compensation in return if we don't trade him but we would also lose $9 million in cap space. What a brilliant idea. All so you're feeling aren't hurt. Boohoo, get a tissue. How anyone thinks not trading him helps the future of this team is beyond me.