Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

@NFLSTROUD: Bucs consider S Dashon Goldson a 'gem,' in the free agent class. Don't look for any big money deals with TB for CBs.

@NFLSTROUD: There's a sense that no deal with the Bucs for Jets CB Darrelle Revis is 'imminent,' and reports of an agreement on compensation is not true
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFLSTROUD: Bucs consider S Dashon Goldson a 'gem,' in the free agent class. Don't look for any big money deals with TB for CBs.
    What does that mean? Does anyone watch the news?

Jets Insider VIP
    Normally not a glass half full guy but I can definitely see this ending poorly for the Jets. With Revis coming off the injury, it hurts the Jets chances of trading him and Tanny did us no favors with his contract.

I just don't see them getting fair value for him. If they wait for him to heal, the CB market may dry up. Plus teams will know the urgency the Jets will have to either sign him or deal him. The longer this lingers on, the worse our chances of a somewhat fair value trade are.

Revis is a great player and I hate seeing him go. But we all know that he wants a king's ransom and I don't think there is much chance of the Jets signing him for a huge contract.

If the Jets were offered a 1st and a conditional second, I think they should have grabbed it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we will get an offer better than that and likely far worse. Plus for all we know, they were never even offered that.

If people don't think a #1 and a conditional #2 is good enough, get ready for the *****ing when we don't even get that.

Like I said, hope I'm wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Normally not a glass half full guy but I can definitely see this ending poorly for the Jets. With Revis coming off the injury, it hurts the Jets chances of trading him and Tanny did us no favors with his contract.

I just don't see them getting fair value for him. If they wait for him to heal, the CB market may dry up. Plus teams will know the urgency the Jets will have to either sign him or deal him. The longer this lingers on, the worse our chances of a somewhat fair value trade are.

Revis is a great player and I hate seeing him go. But we all know that he wants a king's ransom and I don't think there is much chance of the Jets signing him for a huge contract.

If the Jets were offered a 1st and a conditional second, I think they should have grabbed it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we will get an offer better than that and likely far worse. Plus for all we know, they were never even offered that.

If people don't think a #1 and a conditional #2 is good enough, get ready for the *****ing when we don't even get that.

1 and 2 is fine, we are losing the contract as well.

Apparently they were offered a second and a conditional 1st. The Jets want a 1st and a conditional 2nd

I suspect Revis's agents demands are scaring off teams. No one wants a $16m/year cb... They probably don't even want one coming back from an ACL for $12m/year.

The problem now is that the Jets went too far... He almost has to be traded.

I bet they don't get much for a one year rental which is the most Revis's agents will allow right now.

When Revis is traded there will be a lot of irrate fans here.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I suspect Revis's agents demands are scaring off teams. No one wants a $16m/year cb... They probably don't even want one coming back from an ACL for $12m/year.

The problem now is that the Jets went too far... He almost has to be traded.

I bet they don't get much for a one year rental which is the most Revis's agents will allow right now.

When Revis is traded there will be a lot of irrate fans here.
    I'm wondering if the Jets are looking to use FA to set the market for a CB. Look at how many big name guys are out there - hard to see them getting deals worth $10m to $12m a year. Asomugah will not be getting another $12m a year deal.

Then the Jets can go to Revis' camp and show he will NOT get $16m, and actually a deal at around $12m is pretty generous. He might feel "offended" and so on, but if his options are (a) sign a reasonable deal and stay in NY, or (b) play out one last year in NY (with a risk of getting hurt / not being as awesome as before) AND risk getting less in FA next year ... I may be dreaming, but I can see it panning out this way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Apparently they were offered a second and a conditional 1st. The Jets want a 1st and a conditional 2nd
    Thanks, I knew that and just typed it wrong. I'd be curious what the pick could turn out to be if the conditions weren't met. If it was a second, I would still have taken it.

First because I think Revis will be fine because not only does he want to be paid like the best (which sucks for us) but he actually wants to be the best.

Second because I'm not sure we will see a better offer and may likely see a worse offer the longer we wait and the market dries up. And it's not like many teams in the first place that are willing or able (cap wise) to trade for a player that wants as much money as Revis does.
    Last edited by crossfire; 03-13-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks, I knew that and just typed it wrong. I'd be curious what the pick could turn out to be if the conditions weren't met. If it was a second, I would still have taken it.

First because I think Revis will be fine because not only does he want to be paid like the best (which sucks for us) but he actually wants to be the best.

Second because I'm not sure we will see a better offer and may likely see a worse offer the longer we wait and the market dries up. And it's not like many teams in the first place that are willing or able (cap wise) to trade for a player that wants as much money as Revis does.
    Thankfully you aren't our GM.

That's a SERIOUSLY weak deal. SERIOUSLY!

SO any chance this deal gets done this week or do you guys think we are in for the long haul?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Thankfully you aren't our GM.

That's a SERIOUSLY weak deal. SERIOUSLY!
    We'll see how weak it was by what we are finally offered. We are in a piss poor negotiating position. We have a great player that is injured, demands to be overpaid, only has one year left on his deal, we can't franchise him and we take a huge cap hit if we don't end up trading him.

So far there have been rumors of two teams with interest in Revis. Where are all of the other trade partners lining up? It reminds me of all the fans that always say trade back in the draft. The issue is always having partners to make a trade that you consider fair. And it doesn't always happen.

For the record, I said I hope I am wrong. I hope we get a much better deal but I just don't see teams lining up to overpay for a CB. I'd be very happy to be wrong.
    Last edited by crossfire; 03-13-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I'm wondering if the Jets are looking to use FA to set the market for a CB. Look at how many big name guys are out there - hard to see them getting deals worth $10m to $12m a year. Asomugah will not be getting another $12m a year deal.

Then the Jets can go to Revis' camp and show he will NOT get $16m, and actually a deal at around $12m is pretty generous. He might feel "offended" and so on, but if his options are (a) sign a reasonable deal and stay in NY, or (b) play out one last year in NY (with a risk of getting hurt / not being as awesome as before) AND risk getting less in FA next year ... I may be dreaming, but I can see it panning out this way.
    I'm thinking this is the plan too. If a team is willing to spend a ton on Revis, we let him go for some picks. But if (and this is seeming likely) teams don't want a $16mil/year CB and there's no takers, this definitely puts Revis in a tough spot. I can't see him going into this year coming off an injury, risking his next contract. He may just settle for like $13mil or some high but not insane number to sign a deal for 4+ years.

I kinda like both of those scenarios with the 2nd being the better of the two.

All Pro
    I think Revis's holdout history is really souring other teams on him. (in addition to his oversized demands for a player of his position - wake up the league is all about offense today)(

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

+1 I agree this seems to be the Jets thinking IMO

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    What does that mean? Does anyone watch the news?
    It means Manish is up to his usual M.O- Throw Sh*t against a wall and hope it sticks.

@RichCimini: Schiano on Revis: Anything is possible: The Bucs introduced former 49ers S Dashon Goldson on Wednesday at... http://t.co/V54Xzh1nQ5 #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    It means Manish is up to his usual M.O- Throw Sh*t against a wall and hope it sticks.
    Sadly Mehta was actually not bad when he was with the Star Ledger but since he went to the NYDN, he may be the worst beat writer I've ever seen. He's such a tool.

@jetswhispers: "Buccaneers don't want to relinquish their first-round pick in next month's NFL draft. Tampa Bay holds the No. 13 overall pick."- Jason Cole

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @jetswhispers: "Buccaneers don't want to relinquish their first-round pick in next month's NFL draft. Tampa Bay holds the No. 13 overall pick."- Jason Cole
    Idzik should tell them to go F*** themselves if that's the case. The Jets better not get strong armed here.

PFT reporting TB offer is a 2d rder this yr or a 1st next yr...

I would take the 1st next yr but gotta squeeze more for this yr...3d?