Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Revis Thread (FKA Revis to Tampa?)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    i hope im not alone in preferring the 2014 first. we'll have more cap room that year, be picking from a better crop, a greater chance to get Clowney/Bridgewater, and the Bucs may very well be a bottom-feeder next season. that late season losing streak could carry over.
    It really depends on the condition. Keep in mind the "conditional first rounder in 2014" can easily be a second or third rounder if the condition is difficult to achieve. In that case, we would essentially be trading Revis for two second rounders. It's probably best to lock in the sure thing by getting a first rounder this year.

How about a first this year and a conditional first next year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    When healthy, Revis has been the league's best shutdown cornerback with 18 of his 19 career interceptions coming in his first five seasons before the injury. The five-time Pro Bowl cornerback also has some advocates on the Bucs coaching staff. ]
    4 time Pro Bowl CB..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    From a Tampa Bay Buc's fan forum ...

"Rumor floating on Revis and TB: Bucs offered Jets a 2nd Round pick in 2013 and a conditional 1st round pick in 2014 for Revis. The Jets are asking for the reverse 1st rounder in 2013 and conditional 2nd rounder 2014."

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/index.ph.../page__st__720
    If those indeed are the bookend offers, I'd pretty much be happy with any compromise in between.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope im not alone in preferring the 2014 first. we'll have more cap room that year, be picking from a better crop, a greater chance to get Clowney/Bridgewater, and the Bucs may very well be a bottom-feeder next season. that late season losing streak could carry over.
    That's what I would want. Not sure why they'd want the reverse.

But another 1st round pick this year does leave you with some options. Give it to someone who wants to trade up this year for an extra pick and a 1st next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea what source this newest rumor is coming from???

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    If those indeed are the bookend offers, I'd pretty much be happy with any compromise in between.
    Their first this year is pick 13 if they play well next year it could be in the high 20's..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though next year looks to be a stronger draft, I think I'd rather have the definite first rounder this year. Having the 9th and 13th picks isn't a bad situation to be in.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Even though next year looks to be a stronger draft, I think I'd rather have the definite first rounder this year. Having the 9th and 13th picks isn't a bad situation to be in.
    Agreed, also if Revis is on Tampa and is healthy, with all the talent they have, I believe they're definitely at the very least an 8-8 team. Would like the 13th pick now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Their first this year is pick 13 if they play well next year it could be in the high 20's..
    Not only that, it would be a "conditional first round pick," which means if those conditions are not met, it might not be a first round pick at all. Maybe it will end up a 3rd. Who knows?

In that scenario we'd have given up Revis for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. By asking for the reverse like the Jets are, they are guaranteeing at least one first round pick (13 overall this year) in the deal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope im not alone in preferring the 2014 first.
    Not if it's conditional

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For once let this be highway robbery in our favor.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Not if it's conditional
    Correct. More than one person here didn't think before they posted.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that 2014 conditional has a low threshold, like "Darelle Revis has to play in 50% of the snaps in the upcoming football season" I am up for it.
    If it is based on playoff appearance or such something like a probowl selection for Revis following this season then no I would prefer this year's 1st rounder.

Presumably the "conditional" nature of the pick is not related to Revis extending his contract. That has to be agreed to by the Revis camp before the trade is complete..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You take the 13th pick this year

Warmack/Cooper and the best available passrusher. Then grab a TE like Ertz or Escobar in the 2nd.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Any idea what source this newest rumor is coming from???
    I think if you have the time to go through the fan site, it's probably an anonymous source in a Tampa print media or radio outlet ...

This TB fan forum has been ahead of the news curve since this rumor first floated ...

I am guessing things are at a stand still for now, unless someone blinks. The 1 million dollar bonus due Revis on Saturday will likely not be a factor as they they will have an extra 3million on the books if he gets traded ...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    "The compensation in the trade is not confirmed, but might entail a 2nd round selection in the 2013 NFL draft and a conditional 4th round selection in the 2014 NFL draft."

Seems pretty low if this guy is right.
    No way, #1 and #2 minimum. Thank the seehawks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They just signed Goldson for 5 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You take the 13th pick this year

Warmack/Cooper and the best available passrusher. Then grab a TE like Ertz or Escobar in the 2nd.
    Dude, my thinking exactly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They just signed Goldson for 5 years.
    It means they are serious about shoring up that secondary ... will Revis be next ?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    It also allows more flexibility for trades down. Perhaps even a trade of our 9th this year for multiple mid-round picks this year and maybe a first next?

Not sure about the draft value chart but I wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

Jets send Revis to the Bucs for 1st this year conditional 2nd next year.

Draft day - Jets trade #9 pick to X team for a 3rd and 5th this year and a 1st next year.

Jets draft best available OG or pass rusher this year with the #13 pick.

Next year the Jets have 2 #1s and possibly 2 #2s

Having two #1s next year with two potential studs at the top of the draft (Clowney & Bridgwater) would not be a bad position to be in....
    Last edited by IndianaJet; 03-13-2013 at 03:10 PM.