per NFL Network

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good signing for them but they paid a pretty penny 5 yrs 65mil

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    13 million/year for Wallace? Holy Sh!tballs!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    $30 mil guaranteed......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    $30 mil guaranteed......
    Wow Bowe only got 20m and Vincent Jackson got 26m guaranteed last year.

Wallace is definitely not better than Jackson, and it's debatable with Bowe

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Bowe only got 20m and Vincent Jackson got 26m guaranteed last year.

Wallace is definitely not better than Jackson, and it's debatable with Bowe
    No way is Wallace at either of those guys' level.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent strategy if indeed revis heads to the nfc.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    No way is Wallace at either of those guys' level.
    He faster then both. And it's not like he's far off. You have to overpay in free agency. One thing is for sure, it's a major major upgrade for the Fins and Wallace is now the best WR in the AFC East.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    13 million/year for Wallace? Holy Sh!tballs!
    There is no way he comes close to justifying that contract. But this is what bad teams do. They were fools for dumping Brandon Marshall in the first place, though, so maybe they are trying to rectify some of their mistakes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No worries, we have Revi......oops.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    There is no way he comes close to justifying that contract. But this is what bad teams do. They were fools for dumping Brandon Marshall in the first place, though, so maybe they are trying to rectify some of their mistakes.
    They overpaid big time. And Brandon Marshall with all his head issues is better WR than Mike Wallace who's a one trick pony. Cro can handle him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tick tick tick
    /berman

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's throwing him the ball? Their bust in the making qb?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No worries, we have Revi......oops.

SAR I
    Cro always covered him because of his speed. Don't you remember?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They overpaid.

Tannehill does not have the arm to take advantage of Wallace's biggest strength. He will miss Big Ben.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couple things,

First of all, yes Wallace is overpaid. Thats just what happens in free agency. The good thing is that he's still young and should continue to improve the next couple of years. He should also be happy now with the contract and ready to play. If he puts up 1,200 yards and 8 touchdowns like he did in Pittsburgh, I'll have no issues. Their is some bust potential, but it's something the dolphins had to do, and I think it's worth the risk. Also, Ireland has always been good with contracts, as far as allowing himself the room to be able to cut a player later on if need be without a lot of dead money. This contract could be a bit tougher however.

Also, Tannehill most definately has the arm for Wallace. He also has the athleticism to escape the pocket and buy time. It was so important for the dolphins to give Tannehill some weapons to help him improve. This is a big step in that direction. It's worth it to pay a little extra to get the best reciever in free agency and get your young qb a weapon.

I'm not trying to be a homer, which I'm sure most people will see this as. I do acknowledge that he isn't quite worth that money, and there is some potential to bust. But another thing to look at is that the steelers did try to resign the guy for around 10 million a year. Alot of people are saying that if the steelers were willing to let him go than that should be a warning. Well obviously they did let him go, but they didn't want to.

IMO the positives far outweigh the negatives. I'm not going to complain about paying a very good reciever a couple or few million more than he is worth. This benefits Tannehill and our offense way more.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    somehow I think a lot of people would not be saying same things if it was the jets that had signed him

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ch107 View Post
    somehow I think a lot of people would not be saying same things if it was the jets that had signed him
    haha that's a fact

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    Couple things,

First of all, yes Wallace is overpaid. Thats just what happens in free agency. The good thing is that he's still young and should continue to improve the next couple of years. He should also be happy now with the contract and ready to play. If he puts up 1,200 yards and 8 touchdowns like he did in Pittsburgh, I'll have no issues. Their is some bust potential, but it's something the dolphins had to do, and I think it's worth the risk. Also, Ireland has always been good with contracts, as far as allowing himself the room to be able to cut a player later on if need be without a lot of dead money. This contract could be a bit tougher however.

Also, Tannehill most definately has the arm for Wallace. He also has the athleticism to escape the pocket and buy time. It was so important for the dolphins to give Tannehill some weapons to help him improve. This is a big step in that direction. It's worth it to pay a little extra to get the best reciever in free agency and get your young qb a weapon.

I'm not trying to be a homer, which I'm sure most people will see this as. I do acknowledge that he isn't quite worth that money, and there is some potential to bust. But another thing to look at is that the steelers did try to resign the guy for around 10 million a year. Alot of people are saying that if the steelers were willing to let him go than that should be a warning. Well obviously they did let him go, but they didn't want to.

IMO the positives far outweigh the negatives. I'm not going to complain about paying a very good reciever a couple or few million more than he is worth. This benefits Tannehill and our offense way more.
    He might have the arm to throw deep but not the accuracy. I never understood dolphins fan. I live in South Florida and these fans are so obsessed with the jets it's so pathetic. Why are you on this site go to phi seven or whatever it's called. I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They overpaid.

Tannehill does not have the arm to take advantage of Wallace's biggest strength. He will miss Big Ben.
    Tannehill has some faults. But his armstrength is not one of them. Hes got a rocket.