Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Wallace to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    He might have the arm to throw deep but not the accuracy. I never understood dolphins fan. I live in South Florida and these fans are so obsessed with the jets it's so pathetic. Why are you on this site go to phi seven or whatever it's called. I
    There are opposing fans on every single team forum in the world. Get used to it. As long as I'm not being an ass or trolling I don't see the problem. I'm here to talk football. If you can't handle that, or don't want to talk football, don't comment. Pretty simple.

IMO Tannehill is pretty accurate. Just going off last year, but he connected on the deep ball more times than not.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ch107 View Post
    somehow I think a lot of people would not be saying same things if it was the jets that had signed him
    Exactly. The fins have put a real nice team together by adding wallace and ellerbe, they are not done yet in free agency and have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft.

Fins are heading in the right direction and will wipe the floor with us twice this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    There are opposing fans on every single team forum in the world. Get used to it. As long as I'm not being an ass or trolling I don't see the problem. I'm here to talk football. If you can't handle that, or don't want to talk football, don't comment. Pretty simple.

IMO Tannehill is pretty accurate. Just going off last year, but he connected on the deep ball more times than not.
    I liked Tannehill last year and think he will be pretty damn good, but deep ball accuracy was not a strength

Then again, Hartline Fasano and Bess are no deep threats whatsoever so we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Exactly. The fins have put a real nice team together by adding wallace and ellerbe, they are not done yet in free agency and have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft.

Fins are heading in the right direction and will wipe the floor with us twice this year.
    Ughh no wonder you're such a sour puss. You live in Boynton Beach, filled with old retired snowbirds from up north who are just unbearable.

Ill guess you're about 60 and a miserable SOB

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip View Post
    Cro always covered him because of his speed. Don't you remember?
    No, he doesn't watch football.

I guess Tannehill is still very much a wait and see. I thought he did alot of good things, and after last year I wouldn't say that he wasn't accurate with his deep ball, but I also wouldn't go around bragging about his deap ball accuracy. There were some accuracy issues. I just think this signing is huge for Tannehill. You have to put some weapons around a young quarterback, and you see what happens when you dont with Sanchez. I never thought Sanchez was good, but I still thought he had potential to be a good game manager. Sanchez is not as bad as he played last year, and thats because he had nobody to go to.

Also, this should have a nice ripple effect. Wallace takes the number 1 position. Hartline gets to go against opposing teams number 2, and I think he'll be very succesful in that role. He's a good all around reciever. Then Davone Bess gets to go back to the slot. He was split out wide way too much last year. I think bess is a very good slot reciever and creates some matchup problems. I just wish we could've signed Jared cook. That would've made my day. I hope we can find a seam threat tight end to somewhat complete our offense. The maybe do some work on the Oline

All Pro
    I love this (for the Jets). The guy has never caught 100 balls. And they're going to tie up 10% plus of their cap on the guy? Gotta love it if you're a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post

I don't have a problem with you being here if you be respectful to the members. I just don't understand why you would want to be on a jets site if you at a dolphins fan... Why not phinsheaven? Do you have an agenda. Either way nice to debate with you.

I don't think the money is going to hurt the dolphins. People said we overpaid for cameron wake when we resigned him and now they are saying we got a bargain based on how the contract was structured. People said we overpaid for Dansby, but when his contract got too high and he wouldn't restructure, we cut him with little dead money (from what I hear) and got his replacement and saved a few million. Jeff Ireland has always done a very good job with contracts, making the dolphins flexible in cutting players if they need to. Yes Mike Wallace is overpaid, but based on his history, he should still produce, and come year 4 or 5 if he's not playing up to his contract, and he doesn't want to restructure, we can hopefully cut him without having a big cap hit. Wallace might be tough because it is such a big contract, but so was Dansby's and that worked out well.

Hartline's contract is another example. He only had I think 12 million gauranteed which was pretty cheap by most accounts and would make it easy to cut or restructure if need be.

All of the cap talk remains to be seen, but these guys are professionals and I'm sure they have a plan, and I'm sure they are thinking past just this year. If Wallace keeps putting up 1,000 yard seasons and 8-10 touchdowns I think everybody will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    I don't have a problem with you being here if you be respectful to the members. I just don't understand why you would want to be on a jets site if you at a dolphins fan... Why not phinsheaven? Do you have an agenda. Either way nice to debate with you.
    I understand. No I don't have an agenda at all. I don't prefer phinsheaven because it seems to be filled with homers. I consider myself a realist, and a fair person. I'll never rip a Jets player just to try to get a rise, and for the most part will never rip a Jets player on a Jets forum period because I try to be respectful and I do understand I'm an outsider and a rival fan, and you just have to be careful and not sound like an ass.

I guess the main reason I enjoy posting on rival forums is because I get a different point of view (although usually a negative one on the dolphins), and in a weird way my hatred to the Jets envokes my interest lol. And trust me I do hate the Jets, but I also enjoy talking football, and I guess because the Jets are my least favorite team, they are the team I am most interested in outside of the Dolphins.

If I ever get out of line, or start unfairly critisizing players, then it will be time for me to go. I try not to critisize a player without throwing in a positive of theirs as well, again just to be respectful and fair. And I do the same with the dolphins. I don't want to come off as a homer so whenever I praise a dolphins player, I usually mention a possible negative as well. But I try my best not to rub other posters the wrong way, even going so far as to keep some of my thoughts to myself (usually things that aren't that important). But I can understand you being curious as to why a dolphins fan would be on a jets forum tho. 10 years ago I never would, but the last few years I've just been more into it.