Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leon Washington Released

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Was one of my favorite Jets up until he was traded- would love him back here. Don't know how "neon" he still is but I'd take him over McKnight- Leon, Goodson, Powell, and a rookie (Ball or Taylor), I'd be extremely content with that rushing attack- I wonder if Powell would let him wear #29 (which was his Jet number) although 33 is available (which is what he wore in Seattle).

I think Leon's wife drove him out of NY more than anything.
    PLease PLease PLease #29 - I still have his jersey lol. would be nice to make it relevant again.

I say he'd be cheap - we know he has talent, bring him back for sure!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring him back for cheap, if he agrees to leave his wife in Seattle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leon Washington visiting the Patriots

Nolan Carroll AP Wire.

The Buccaneers arenít the only team interested in free agent Leon Washington.

Washington, the running back and return man who was cut by the Seahawks this week, will visit the Patriots today, according to ESPNís Adam Schefter.

New England likes versatile players, and Washington is that: He can run, catch passes out of the backfield, line up as a slot receiver, return punts and return kickoffs. For that reason, Washington could make sense for the Patriots.

He could also make sense because the Patriots just lost Wes Welker, their primary punt returner, in free agency. Although much has been made about Danny Amendola filling Welkerís role on offense, itís not clear whether the Patriots also envision Amendola filling Welkerís role on special teams. Part of Welkerís special teams role could be filled by Washington.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. God. Please. No.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Oh. God. Please. No.
    He's a good fit for them, hopefully Leon will not be pleased with the Patriot offer and continue touring the country in search of dollars.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    He's a good fit for them, hopefully Leon's wife will not be pleased with the Patriot offer and continue touring the country in search of dollars.
    Fixed!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Leon Washington visiting the Patriots

Nolan Carroll AP Wire.

The Buccaneers arenít the only team interested in free agent Leon Washington.

Washington, the running back and return man who was cut by the Seahawks this week, will visit the Patriots today, according to ESPNís Adam Schefter.

New England likes versatile players, and Washington is that: He can run, catch passes out of the backfield, line up as a slot receiver, return punts and return kickoffs. For that reason, Washington could make sense for the Patriots.

He could also make sense because the Patriots just lost Wes Welker, their primary punt returner, in free agency. Although much has been made about Danny Amendola filling Welkerís role on offense, itís not clear whether the Patriots also envision Amendola filling Welkerís role on special teams. Part of Welkerís special teams role could be filled by Washington.
    NOOOOOOO... I will cry if that happens. The Pats can have Joe McKnight for all I care. Leon can go anywhere except NE, Miami, Buffalo, or the Giants. If Leon's wife hated NY, Boston's even colder. Seattle isn't "warm" either but they don't have snow.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    JetFan29 here always loved Leon....it would be a shame if he went to NE with Brady where he'd tear us up and make you forget Welker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would prefer to sign Mike Goodson.

Younger and cheaper, perfect for the dreaded R word....

you guessed it...REBUILD!!!!!!