Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how much cap room do the Jets now have?

So how much cap room do the Jets now have?

Now that the Jets have released Pouha and restructured Holmes how much cap room do they now have? and who might they be targeting with this newfound cap room? As time goes on it becomes more of a buyers market so maybe the Jets will get a solid player or two. Miami making the big splash right now in free agency but they are paying the big bucks that we well know doesn't often work out. So how much cap room do the Jets have to play with?

Undrafted Free Agent
    All depends on the Holmes restructure which I am VERY interested to see once it is released somewhere

lots of crap room

From what I can make out about 10 mill after signing to rookies if the structured the Holmes deal the way I believe they did. But hey only have about 35 guys signed
    Last edited by patman; 03-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Ive heard the Jets now have around 15 million - wow - that seems a lot for supposedly the team in the worst cap situation. They can actually be players in free agency if they want or even resign Revis and give all their cap space away. Maybe just sign a half decent corner to fill Revis spot when he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Ive heard the Jets now have around 15 million - wow - that seems a lot for supposedly the team in the worst cap situation. They can actually be players in free agency if they want or even resign Revis and give all their cap space away. Maybe just sign a half decent corner to fill Revis spot when he leaves.
    Yes, however they cut half their starters.

QB - Sanchez
    RB
    FB - Connor (for argument's sake)
    TE -
    WR - Holmes
    WR - Hill
    LT - Brick
    LG -
    C - Mangold
    RG -
    RT - Howard

LE - Wilkerson
    NT - Ellis
    RE - Coples
    LOLB -
    ILB - Harris
    ILB -
    ROLB -
    CB - Cromartie
    CB - Revis???????
    S -
    S -

I understand we have a lot of players who can step in to certain positions, but we gutted the team.

Prepare for disappointment this upcoming season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

QB - Sanchez
    RB
    TE -
    WR - Holmes
    WR - Hill
    LT - Brick
    LG -
    C - Mangold
    RG -
    RT - Howard

LE - Wilkerson
    NT - Ellis
    RE - Coples
    LOLB -
    ILB - Harris
    ILB -
    ROLB -
    CB - Cromartie
    CB - Revis???????
    S -
    S -

I understand we have a lot of players who can step in to certain positions, but we gutted the team.

Hilliard would be more likely than Connor at FB, but I think he's still a FA. I'd pencil in Davis at ILB beside Harris ... if the season were starting tomorrow McIntyre would be one OLB. Not saying he's great but wouldn't be much worse than what we had last year.

Still a lot of holes to fill ... better draft real good this year!

Maybe cleaning up early for 2014? Personally I don't care about this year, until Sanchez is gone we are not winning.. I'm for getting a head start getting under cap for 2014, clear more dead weight next march and go strong in FA and drop.. Don't see point in scrambling for ave players now to better our record to near .500 so we are further away from possibly drafting a real qb at top of draft next yr.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

QB - Sanchez
    RB
    TE -
    WR - Holmes
    WR - Hill
    LT - Brick
    LG -
    C - Mangold
    RG -
    RT - Howard

LE - Wilkerson
    NT - Ellis
    RE - Coples
    LOLB -
    ILB - Harris
    ILB -
    ROLB -
    CB - Cromartie
    CB - Revis???????
    S -
    S -

Don't know why, but I'm excited to see what the team will look like week 1.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Don't know why, but I'm excited to see what the team will look like week 1.
    because it will look like a massive train wreck....... I feel the same way tho. but hey, it football.

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets recent restructures (Cromartie & Holmes) and releases (Po'uha) put them about $15+ million under the 2013 cap right now. #nyj

QB - Garrard
    RB - Powell
    FB -
    TE - Cumby
    WR - Holmes
    WR - Hill/Kerley
    LT - Brick
    LG - Vlad
    C - Mangold
    RG - Caleb
    RT - Howard

LE - Wilkerson
    NT - Ellis
    RE - Coples
    LOLB - McIntyre
    ILB - Harris
    ILB - Davis
    ROLB -
    CB - Cromartie
    CB - Revis???????(Wilson)
    FS - Bush
    S -

Still looks better then last year IMO. Arguably already upgraded QB, ILB, RB. Soon to come upgrades for RB, OLB, SS LG, and FB. It seriously doesn't matter who they sign at most of these spots we upgrade. Only real hits so far FS, RG, and maybe TE. No huge losses. Even if they trade Revis it is not like he played last year. We are bound to have a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    QB - Garrard
    RB - Powell
    FB -
    TE - Cumby
    WR - Holmes
    WR - Hill/Kerley
    LT - Brick
    LG - Vlad
    C - Mangold
    RG - Caleb
    RT - Howard

LE - Wilkerson
    NT - Ellis
    RE - Coples
    LOLB - McIntyre
    ILB - Harris
    ILB - Davis
    ROLB -
    CB - Cromartie
    FS - Bush
    S -

Still looks better then last year IMO. Arguably already upgraded QB, ILB, RB. Soon to come upgrades for RB, OLB, SS LG, and FB. It seriously doesn't matter who they sign at most of these spots we upgrade. Only real hits so far FS, RG, and maybe TE. No huge losses. Even if they trade Revis it is not like he played last year. We are bound to have a better team.
    Garrard will not be starting

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    QB - Garrard
    RB - Powell
    FB -
    TE - Cumby
    WR - Holmes
    WR - Hill/Kerley
    LT - Brick
    LG - Vlad
    C - Mangold
    RG - Caleb
    RT - Howard

LE - Wilkerson
    NT - Ellis
    RE - Coples
    LOLB - McIntyre
    ILB - Harris
    ILB - Davis
    ROLB -
    CB - Cromartie
    FS - Bush
    S -

So you think Garrard will be the week 1 starter after a 2-year sabbatical and you want to be taken seriously here. Okaaaaaaay.

Unless Garrard is in a wheelchair (not impossible), I'd be shocked if Sanchez beat him out in training camp.

Unless the fix is in for Rex's boy (also not impossible).

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    So you think Garrard will be the week 1 starter after a 2-year sabbatical and you want to be taken seriously here. Okaaaaaaay.
    He is the only QB we have right now so hard to say if he starts. Ask me again after the draft. Either way it is an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Now that the Jets have released Pouha and restructured Holmes how much cap room do they now have? and who might they be targeting with this newfound cap room? As time goes on it becomes more of a buyers market so maybe the Jets will get a solid player or two. Miami making the big splash right now in free agency but they are paying the big bucks that we well know doesn't often work out. So how much cap room do the Jets have to play with?
    Short answer: Not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Short answer: Not enough
    Good Answer

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    because it will look like a massive train wreck....... I feel the same way tho. but hey, it football.
    I dont think the same way. Maybe because I'm always optimistic about my team but I think with a good draft and I'm going out on a limb to say "decent" qb play, this team will be better than alot of people think. Injuries will always come into play though and if we are plagued like last year then we can just forget about it

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets recent restructures (Cromartie & Holmes) and releases (Po'uha) put them about $15+ million under the 2013 cap right now. #nyj
    Add the $1m we get back from the eventual Tebow release and that's $16m.