Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for the Jets to sign someone in this free agency is like......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for the Jets to sign someone in this free agency is like......

being the maytag repair man.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maytag has a salary cap issue?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    being the maytag repair man.
    Nice GTO

friend has an 05..pushing 500+ hp

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waitin 4 jets to sign a FA is like waiting 4 the Jets to Win the SB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha yeah really, I'm so desperate for any news. Even if it's Revis being traded. I just want it over with I'm so upset though that he's leaving.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason, it's not bothering me at all. We had a stretch for a few years of being *the* team that signed big name FA's and traded for many other big name players and while it was fun, all it did was get us runner up twice. Good to go back to the team building through the draft and going for just depth in FA.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldve been nice to have another Jet player in the Hall of Fame since we don't have many! Now he will go in as a damn Buc!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    For some reason, it's not bothering me at all. We had a stretch for a few years of being *the* team that signed big name FA's and traded for many other big name players and while it was fun, all it did was get us runner up twice. Good to go back to the team building through the draft and going for just depth in FA.
    Uh we drafted him man. WOW Drafting Revis was building through the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would much rather win in January and february than win in mid march but with the mess this team is in 2013 is gonna be a bad year football wise.
    I can only hope a similar demise is in store for the team we share a stadium with, the cheaters and mike fatcescas ratings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were spoiled when Tanny was running up the credit card bill.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    look at the current jets cap space compared to some other teams like the cardinals....how is this such a MESS.......cro's and holmes contract was restructured...they also jettisoned some dead weight.....good lord...the jets had one losing season at 6-10 and some of you act like they are the damn doormat of the nfl......amazing. I see a team thats making moves and being patient and actually getting high paid players to be realistic with their contracts. thats actually a good thing but yet its non stop posts about how the jets are a mess......i like what this team is doing.

I would much rather win in January and february than win in mid march but with the mess this team is in 2013 is gonna be a bad year football wise.
    I can only hope a similar demise is in store for the team we share a stadium with, the cheaters and mike fatcescas ratings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Maytag has a salary cap issue?
    So... How low do we have to go before the media and fans acknowledge we no longer have cap issues...

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So... How low do we have to go before the media and fans acknowledge we no longer have cap issues...
    The fact we went from 25,000,000 over the cap to presently 15,000,000 under. I'd say we are in pretty good shape now.I did hate losing Devito though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    This.

I would much rather win in January and february than win in mid march
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    look at the current jets cap space compared to some other teams like the cardinals....how is this such a MESS.......cro's and holmes contract was restructured...they also jettisoned some dead weight.....good lord...the jets had one losing season at 6-10 and some of you act like they are the damn doormat of the nfl......amazing. I see a team thats making moves and being patient and actually getting high paid players to be realistic with their contracts. thats actually a good thing but yet its non stop posts about how the jets are a mess......i like what this team is doing.
    And this too.

Patience is not something we are used to as Jets fans given the crazy spending sprees of recent years. But FA is NOT going to fix this team - not this year, not any year. The draft will be the start, fixing some of our core talent issues - but it will take time.

In a couple of years if we are truly just missing one or two pieces then we can make more of a splash in FA, but for now it's all about getting value.

Just imagine if we entered FA this year trying to fill all the following spots : QB, TE, RB, G (*2), OLB (*2), S (*2), possibly CB if Revis is traded ... that's 9 or 10 of our 22 starters on O and D, before we even touch on depth!

We took quite a few years to get into the current situation, we can expect it to take a few years to fully get back out of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, let's overpay for players like Miami...

Every year we have threads here like this the first few days of FA...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    Wouldve been nice to have another Jet player in the Hall of Fame since we don't have many! Now he will go in as a damn Buc!
    Seriously?

I could care less. I'd rather Sanchez go down as the worst QB in history to win a Superbowl, than have an all-world CB and lose to the Patriots every year.

Consolations here are like kissing your sister.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post

Yep. This guy gets it.

Jets fans... we must stop being so feast or famine. Looks like the team is going to be smart and re-tool a few holes, cutting some older players, get a new OC, tweaks without breaking the bank and... and... OH NO WE ARE THE WOSRTEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!1111!!.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point we just need to be patient , there are so many holes to fill that we need the market to come down where we can get the 2nd and 3rd tier free agents to fill many holes.

Patience Jets fans and I know for some of us 44 years has shown a lot of patience.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    At this point we just need to be patient , there are so many holes to fill that we need the market to come down where we can get the 2nd and 3rd tier free agents to fill many holes.

Patience Jets fans and I know for some of us 44 years has shown a lot of patience.
    Agreed, there are still a lot of FA's out there and as usual there will be some real bargains once players realize they are not going to get what they hoped for and as other teams fill up slots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im gonna resign myself to the fact we are gonna suck.