Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Rai-duhs cut DHB and Huff. OMG

  1. #1

    Rai-duhs cut DHB and Huff. OMG

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...cut-by-raiders

    LOL. Does this mean that Oakland is no longer the most EXPLOSIVE team at every position??? Hey 90210, care to clarify??? And bring your news flash with you

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Westbury, NY
    Posts
    779
    Huff to the Jets...book it.

  3. #3
    Both players would be solid, cheap pickups for us and fill needs.....Both haven't lived up to their draft status but they were also in the black hole

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    i'd take huff....forget bay.



    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Both players would be solid, cheap pickups for us and fill needs.....Both haven't lived up to their draft status but they were also in the black hole

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i'd take huff....forget bay.
    I actually think DHB got alot better the last 2 seasons, he's not a bad 4th option at WR at all, can make some plays and is still young.....Had 65 catches and 975 yards in 2011

  6. #6
    I'd take DHB over Brandon Gibson for whatever that's worth

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'd take DHB over Brandon Gibson for whatever that's worth
    +1


    Heyward-Bey is a pretty good player at this point.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...cut-by-raiders

    LOL. Does this mean that Oakland is no longer the most EXPLOSIVE team at every position??? Hey 90210, care to clarify??? And bring your news flash with you
    Raiders defense has been garbage for years , there offense is still very good and isn't the problem. Raiders offense is still explosive now they are back to style that fits the personnel. All the Raiders top talent is on offense. Losing DHb( look at my post the last month as I predicted this) has no effect on the offense. Just gives Rod Streater and Juron Criner more playing time. Raiders upgrade the offense in certain areas and this offense can be top notch. T Pryor there are still some doubts if he can be a starting QB in this league , but he demonstrated last year what a weapon he can be in the redzone . That where I think he going to pay the most dividends in 2013 .



    sure Raiders have huge rebuilding job on defense as they only have like three starters . Still there are a lot of veteran players out there that can help the Raiders improve on defense this year and are temporary solutions till they can get their eventually replacements in the draft.

    Raiders are cleaning up there finances this year and looking toward 2014 and beyond. They will have a lot of money to play with in 2014 and possible looking at four extra compensation picks for losing players this offseason.

    Reggie Mckenzie became the Raiders GM because Ron Wolf says he one of the best talent evaluators he has seen. Were going to find out if that true as this is really his first draft. Mckenzie is as good as Ron Wolf says and the rebuilding job shouldn't take as long .
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-13-2013 at 07:03 AM.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,564
    Explosive offenses usually don't rank 26th in the league in points scored.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Explosive offenses usually don't rank 26th in the league in points scored.
    ..but somehow the Raiders manage to accomplish that. DHB, Streater, McFadden, Marcel Reece, Denarius Moore, Mike Goodson, Taiwan Jones...etc. are all very explosive players. Jets fans would have killed to have any one of those guys this past season. Oakland must literally be a black hole cause they find ways to lose despite talent.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I actually think DHB got alot better the last 2 seasons, he's not a bad 4th option at WR at all, can make some plays and is still young.....Had 65 catches and 975 yards in 2011
    We have one of those already. DHB is just a sltighly more seasoned Stephen Hill. I was praying they cut Denarious Moore as I would have personally drove to Oakland to pick him up and drive him to Florham Park.

  12. #12
    I would love to see huff in here on a 2-3 year contract.

    He is an experienced safety who excels in deep coverage as opposed to playing in the box.

    Plus he has been part of nothing but awful coaching/playing throughout most of his raiders tenure, so it would be great to see what he could do under Rex/Thurman.

    No idea what his contract numbers would look like, but with this deep of a safety draft class, and bigger name guys like landry being more sought after, he could be had for a very team friendly amount.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders defense has been garbage for years , there offense is still very good and isn't the problem. Raiders offense is still explosive now they are back to style that fits the personnel. All the Raiders top talent is on offense. Losing DHb( look at my post the last month as I predicted this) has no effect on the offense. Just gives Rod Streater and Juron Criner more playing time. Raiders upgrade the offense in certain areas and this offense can be top notch. T Pryor there are still some doubts if he can be a starting QB in this league , but he demonstrated last year what a weapon he can be in the redzone . That where I think he going to pay the most dividends in 2013 .



    sure Raiders have huge rebuilding job on defense as they only have like three starters . Still there are a lot of veteran players out there that can help the Raiders improve on defense this year and are temporary solutions till they can get their eventually replacements in the draft.

    Raiders are cleaning up there finances this year and looking toward 2014 and beyond. They will have a lot of money to play with in 2014 and possible looking at four extra compensation picks for losing players this offseason.

    Reggie Mckenzie became the Raiders GM because Ron Wolf says he one of the best talent evaluators he has seen. Were going to find out if that true as this is really his first draft. Mckenzie is as good as Ron Wolf says and the rebuilding job shouldn't take as long .
    The raiders are the Charlotte bobcats of the nfl. How many years can you spend picking at the top before you start to see results.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders defense has been garbage for years , there offense is still very good and isn't the problem. Raiders offense is still explosive now they are back to style that fits the personnel. All the Raiders top talent is on offense. Losing DHb( look at my post the last month as I predicted this) has no effect on the offense. Just gives Rod Streater and Juron Criner more playing time. Raiders upgrade the offense in certain areas and this offense can be top notch. T Pryor there are still some doubts if he can be a starting QB in this league , but he demonstrated last year what a weapon he can be in the redzone . That where I think he going to pay the most dividends in 2013 .



    sure Raiders have huge rebuilding job on defense as they only have like three starters . Still there are a lot of veteran players out there that can help the Raiders improve on defense this year and are temporary solutions till they can get their eventually replacements in the draft.

    Raiders are cleaning up there finances this year and looking toward 2014 and beyond. They will have a lot of money to play with in 2014 and possible looking at four extra compensation picks for losing players this offseason.

    Reggie Mckenzie became the Raiders GM because Ron Wolf says he one of the best talent evaluators he has seen. Were going to find out if that true as this is really his first draft. Mckenzie is as good as Ron Wolf says and the rebuilding job shouldn't take as long .
    Im still waiting on Carson Palmer's "top 5 qb" season to happen

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    The raiders are the Charlotte bobcats of the nfl. How many years can you spend picking at the top before you start to see results.
    lol perfect comparison!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Explosive offenses usually don't rank 26th in the league in points scored.
    LOL

    This year they will draft Mario and Luigi so they can be SUPER EXPLOSIVE

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders defense has been garbage for years , there offense is still very good and isn't the problem. Raiders offense is still explosive now they are back to style that fits the personnel. All the Raiders top talent is on offense. Losing DHb( look at my post the last month as I predicted this) has no effect on the offense. Just gives Rod Streater and Juron Criner more playing time. Raiders upgrade the offense in certain areas and this offense can be top notch. T Pryor there are still some doubts if he can be a starting QB in this league , but he demonstrated last year what a weapon he can be in the redzone . That where I think he going to pay the most dividends in 2013 .



    sure Raiders have huge rebuilding job on defense as they only have like three starters . Still there are a lot of veteran players out there that can help the Raiders improve on defense this year and are temporary solutions till they can get their eventually replacements in the draft.

    Raiders are cleaning up there finances this year and looking toward 2014 and beyond. They will have a lot of money to play with in 2014 and possible looking at four extra compensation picks for losing players this offseason.

    Reggie Mckenzie became the Raiders GM because Ron Wolf says he one of the best talent evaluators he has seen. Were going to find out if that true as this is really his first draft. Mckenzie is as good as Ron Wolf says and the rebuilding job shouldn't take as long .


    For years you told us the Raiders are the bestest everywhere

    Every year the guy coming in to replace the guy before him is going to get the job done, but every guy is/was the best

    And that offense that you claim to be explosive and very good was 26th in the league last year

    LOL
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-14-2013 at 11:48 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    For years you told us the Raiders are the bestest everywhere

    Every year the guy coming in to replace the guy before him is going to get the job done, but every guy is/was the best

    And that offense that you claim to be explosive and very good was 26th in the league last year

    LOL
    Raiders offense wasn't 26. Where do your stats come from Ray ray in your head. Offense finished 18 last year and was much closer to 10 before C Palmer missed the last two games. The Raiders rushing attack was 28. That was horrible as I did predict they would easily be top three. The blocking scheme was the main reason for that as the personnel just wasn't a good fit for that scheme.

    They are back to the blocking scheme and offense that suits there talents better . There Rushing attack will be top three next year .
    Raiders offense will be top ten next year without a doubt. The offense won't be the problem for the raiders in 2013.


    The defense now that is a different story. That unit was stripped to the bones and they are going to try and hold it together with cheap veterans and draft picks. Till they get their 90 million plus cap room for 2014. They are going to build this team through the draft.
    For that reason looking at the team now you can't expect too many wins in 2013. The offense should keep them in every game but can they stop anyone offense. Who knows.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders offense wasn't 26. Where do your stats come from Ray ray in your head. Offense finished 18 last year and was much closer to 10 before C Palmer missed the last two games. The Raiders rushing attack was 28. That was horrible as I did predict they would easily be top three. The blocking scheme was the main reason for that as the personnel just wasn't a good fit for that scheme.

    They are back to the blocking scheme and offense that suits there talents better . There Rushing attack will be top three next year .
    Raiders offense will be top ten next year without a doubt. The offense won't be the problem for the raiders in 2013.


    The defense now that is a different story. That unit was stripped to the bones and they are going to try and hold it together with cheap veterans and draft picks. Till they get their 90 million plus cap room for 2014. They are going to build this team through the draft.
    For that reason looking at the team now you can't expect too many wins in 2013. The offense should keep them in every game but can they stop anyone offense. Who knows.
    Pats fans are annoying on this board because they troll, are ignorant and their team wins all the time. Raiders fans posting on this board are just pathetic. LOL at top 10 offense next year. You finished 26th in pts scored last year with 18.1 per game. In those last 2 games that Palmer missed your team scored a total of 27 points which dropped your average from like 18.5 to 18.1. Your offense is no way better than these 11 teams:
    Pats/Giants/Packers/Saints/Niners/Seahawks/Broncos/Skins/Falcons/Texans/TB. And you aren't better than teams like the Bengals/Ravens/Cowboys/bears/Colts/panthers.

    If you finish in top 20, i would be stunned.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders offense wasn't 26. Where do your stats come from Ray ray in your head. Offense finished 18 last year and was much closer to 10 before C Palmer missed the last two games. The Raiders rushing attack was 28. That was horrible as I did predict they would easily be top three. The blocking scheme was the main reason for that as the personnel just wasn't a good fit for that scheme.

    They are back to the blocking scheme and offense that suits there talents better . There Rushing attack will be top three next year .
    Raiders offense will be top ten next year without a doubt. The offense won't be the problem for the raiders in 2013.


    The defense now that is a different story. That unit was stripped to the bones and they are going to try and hold it together with cheap veterans and draft picks. Till they get their 90 million plus cap room for 2014. They are going to build this team through the draft.
    For that reason looking at the team now you can't expect too many wins in 2013. The offense should keep them in every game but can they stop anyone offense. Who knows.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us