Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rai-duhs cut DHB and Huff. OMG

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders offense wasn't 26. Where do your stats come from Ray ray in your head. Offense finished 18 last year and was much closer to 10 before C Palmer missed the last two games. The Raiders rushing attack was 28. That was horrible as I did predict they would easily be top three. The blocking scheme was the main reason for that as the personnel just wasn't a good fit for that scheme.

They are back to the blocking scheme and offense that suits there talents better . There Rushing attack will be top three next year .
    Raiders offense will be top ten next year without a doubt. The offense won't be the problem for the raiders in 2013.

The defense now that is a different story. That unit was stripped to the bones and they are going to try and hold it together with cheap veterans and draft picks. Till they get their 90 million plus cap room for 2014. They are going to build this team through the draft.
    For that reason looking at the team now you can't expect too many wins in 2013. The offense should keep them in every game but can they stop anyone offense. Who knows.
    The Raiders were 26th in points scored.

And thats not top 10. As 18 wouldn't have been almost 10, it would be 18th.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huff is garbage. Bey is meh we need a big WR not another smurf like Holmes and Kerley.

Both of them are classic examples of why the Raiders are hideously mismanaged. Al Davis loved WR's with pretty 40-times and overated Safeties.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders offense wasn't 26. Where do your stats come from Ray ray in your head. Offense finished 18 last year and was much closer to 10 before C Palmer missed the last two games. The Raiders rushing attack was 28. That was horrible as I did predict they would easily be top three. The blocking scheme was the main reason for that as the personnel just wasn't a good fit for that scheme.

They are back to the blocking scheme and offense that suits there talents better . There Rushing attack will be top three next year .
    Raiders offense will be top ten next year without a doubt. The offense won't be the problem for the raiders in 2013.

The defense now that is a different story. That unit was stripped to the bones and they are going to try and hold it together with cheap veterans and draft picks. Till they get their 90 million plus cap room for 2014. They are going to build this team through the draft.
    For that reason looking at the team now you can't expect too many wins in 2013. The offense should keep them in every game but can they stop anyone offense. Who knows.
    In summary:

"In 2012, I predicted a top 3 rushing attack, but they finished 28th...
    ...so in 2013 I predict a top 3 rushing attack"

I guess if you do it every year, you have a shot at being right eventually.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're rebuilding really hard. I'd be happy with boom-or-bust signings like either one of these guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    We're rebuilding really hard. I'd be happy with boom-or-bust signings like either one of these guys.
    Both of them would be busts. I heard the Raiders actually tried Huff out at corner because he failed so much at Safety. We already have WR's similar to DHB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Both of them would be busts. I heard the Raiders actually tried Huff out at corner because he failed so much at Safety. We already have WR's similar to DHB.
    Wrong, all their corners were injured. And he was an all pro safety the one year he exclusively played FS.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Pats fans are annoying on this board because they troll, are ignorant and their team wins all the time. Raiders fans posting on this board are just pathetic. LOL at top 10 offense next year. You finished 26th in pts scored last year with 18.1 per game. In those last 2 games that Palmer missed your team scored a total of 27 points which dropped your average from like 18.5 to 18.1. Your offense is no way better than these 11 teams:
    Pats/Giants/Packers/Saints/Niners/Seahawks/Broncos/Skins/Falcons/Texans/TB. And you aren't better than teams like the Bengals/Ravens/Cowboys/bears/Colts/panthers.

If you finish in top 20, i would be stunned.
    90210 kindly stop posting on this board little troll. You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. Go and tweet with Manish or play with your dolls little girl

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    ROFLMAO!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I actually think DHB got alot better the last 2 seasons, he's not a bad 4th option at WR at all, can make some plays and is still young.....Had 65 catches and 975 yards in 2011
    Bey in the right system could still be a good WR. He was mismanaged in Oakland IMO. In the right system he could be dangerous.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He played corner when Bartell went down and Patt lee was struggling, nothing to do with his play at safety.

Dhb would be a solid pick up to be a #2, would prefer him then picking up that Gibson fins got.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soon as Huff got released I was hoping we'd pick him up. He's probably not worth his top 10 draft pick status (or around there, I can't remember when he actually got picked but he was certainly a candidate for the top 10), but on the cheap, in a new system, he could be a very effective young player to fill in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RavensInsider: Ravens among those interested in safety michael huff as well as dallas cowboys green bay packers and tennessee titans per a league source

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    +1

Heyward-Bey is a pretty good player at this point.
    he seems like Jets material - which is not good

I can picture us talking about the inevitably crappy few seasons ahead, and we'll throw Bey's name around like Bubby Brister.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    The raiders are the Charlotte bobcats of the nfl. How many years can you spend picking at the top before you start to see results.
    Only the Raiders would draft a kicker in the 1st round only 3 times in the history of the NFL has that happened

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Only the Raiders would draft a kicker in the 1st round only 3 times in the history of the NFL has that happened
    I don't think that was a bad pick, heck of a lot better then 'ice veins' nugent in the second. Kickers are like health insurance, you don't know how much you miss it till you need it. If you can get one that will be excellent for the next 10 years then I don't have an issue with it.

They have plenty of other ****ty first round picks though. Kind of hard to remember the last time they drafted a true difference maker (Namdi I guess).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huff is garbage. Bey is meh we need a big WR not another smurf like Holmes and Kerley.

Both of them are classic examples of why the Raiders are hideously mismanaged. Al Davis loved WR's with pretty 40-times and overated Safeties.
    Eh? The guy is 6'2", 215, he;s no smurf.