Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: Keller at Fins

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Fins are really putting a nice roster together. If they went into the season will wallace, hartline, bess, keller, and then drafted a rb with a high pick.

    If tannehill progresses this year which I believe he will, watch out.
    Giving their young QB weapons, what a concept.

  2. #42
    my good friend is a huge dolphin fan. He says keller played in 64 straight games before injuring his hammy last year. What is he talking about?? This cannot be true. Little help here.....

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Because he is just average, if that. Nothing about his game is above average and his blocking is way below average. He rarely breaks tackles/run over guys and he rarely breaks free of a LB to turn a short pass into a long gain.

    He is serviceable. Not going to lose any sleep one way or the other. Would rather he sign with the Dolphins then have the Jets spend 5 million on him.
    Definitely agree that he's not worth 5 million/year. If that's his price and he won't move off of it, then maybe it's time to part ways. But nobody had these sort of negative things to say about Keller until 2011, which of course is the same time that the rest of the offensive talent dissipated.

    His below-average blocking wasn't a problem when the Jets had a top-5 rushing attack two straight seasons. And 'JAG' or 'serviceable' are terms thrown around too loosely IMO. If Keller is serviceable, then Cumberland is an arena-league talent.

    Jets fans have short memories. I'd rather have this (at the right price) than hope the right rookie is available when the Jets pick:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_ubWcfEjw

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    my good friend is a huge dolphin fan. He says keller played in 64 straight games before injuring his hammy last year. What is he talking about?? This cannot be true. Little help here.....
    Sounds right to me or near to it.

    he has been solid.

    then again...Mark hasnt missed much due to injury.

  5. #45
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Far Rock,Queens,NYC
    Posts
    658
    See ya Keller! Make sure ur non blocking a$$ doesn't forget to take ur weak Hamstrings with u on the way out!

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Giving their young QB weapons, what a concept.
    In Tanny's defense, he was onto something when he traded for Bray and Holmes, but being the D!ckhead he is, he did not resign Bray when he would have given the Jets a hometown discount, and threw the bank at Tone, who would later show his true colors as a POS

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    my good friend is a huge dolphin fan. He says keller played in 64 straight games before injuring his hammy last year. What is he talking about?? This cannot be true. Little help here.....
    True statment, Keller played in every game from 2008-2011 (16x4=64).

  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,842
    I've been hoping that we would let Keller walk.

    This is the best TE class I've seen in recent memory.

    Eifert, Ertz, Escobar, McDonald, Kelce, etc.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've been hoping that we would let Keller walk.

    This is the best TE class I've seen in recent memory.

    Eifert, Ertz, Escobar, McDonald, Kelce, etc.
    Dont follow the combine, but any of these guys have measureables similar to Davis? Worthy of an additional first round pick from trading Revis?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    As much as I would like to send that soft sack of sh*t Keller on his merry way....I will feel a little uneasy if he signs with the Fins..... Tannehill, Wallace, Hartline and Keller could become a dangerous passing attack if used properly....
    Hard to do if the QB is running for his life or on his a$$ all the time

  11. #51
    People act like because we're going to lose Jake Long that we'll be playing with 4 guys on our line next year. It's day 2 of free agency, not to mention that Long wasn't anything more than average last year. We also played a few games without him and our offense performed better. Either way, we're going to pick somebody else up that can at least play to Longs level last year.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    People act like because we're going to lose Jake Long that we'll be playing with 4 guys on our line next year. It's day 2 of free agency, not to mention that Long wasn't anything more than average last year. We also played a few games without him and our offense performed better. Either way, we're going to pick somebody else up that can at least play to Longs level last year.
    I think Keller and Ellerbee will be good pickups for the Dolphins.

    Wallace is going to be a bust at that price. Under 70 receptions and 8 TDs on average with a QB like Big Ben who is probably one of the top 3 'buy time in the pocket' QBs. He's not going to get that with Tannehill.

  13. #53
    @MMehtaNYDN: RT @ArmandoSalguero TE Dustin Keller Is now getting a physical and if all checks out afterwords the club and his agent will talk terms. #nyj

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I think Keller and Ellerbee will be good pickups for the Dolphins.

    Wallace is going to be a bust at that price. Under 70 receptions and 8 TDs on average with a QB like Big Ben who is probably one of the top 3 'buy time in the pocket' QBs. He's not going to get that with Tannehill.
    Thats a fair opinion. I hope thats not the case. I think no matter what he does it will be hard to live up to that price, but if he puts up over 1,000 yards and 8 td's a year, I wont complain. The fact that we got the best free agent reciever, a real deep threat, a playmaker, for a young qb, I think it's worth it. It helps open up our whole offense.

    Also, I made a point early about Karlos Dansby. When we signed him everybody said we overpaid. We had him play 3 of his 5 years, then when his cap got too high, we cut him and signed a new guy to replace him for cheaper without a big cap hit. If you have a GM that structures the contracts correctly, it shouldn't be a big problem.

  15. #55
    The guy just needs a legit QB to be a top 10 TE if not better. He was wasting his talents on this team.

  16. #56
    Keller is over-hyped. Please, sign with Dolphins. We have much GREATER needs.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Keller is over-hyped. Please, sign with Dolphins. We have much GREATER needs.
    You, my fine feathered friend, are delusional... Keller is going to eat our slow LBs for breakfast and our nonexistent safeties for dinner.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I think Keller and Ellerbee will be good pickups for the Dolphins.

    Wallace is going to be a bust at that price. Under 70 receptions and 8 TDs on average with a QB like Big Ben who is probably one of the top 3 'buy time in the pocket' QBs. He's not going to get that with Tannehill.
    yea but Wallace was not the first option with steelers...he will with the dolphins......and it all depends what you call a bust....if they make it to playoffs? does he have to have 10 touchdowns ? how many yards so you don't think he is a bust???? ......sure they overpaid but pretty much every team does when they need a player

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    There is no fight. Keller, Greene, Landry are all gone. Jets are going in a totally different direction.
    It sucks, because that Dolphin Offense is going to have some serious receiving weapons if he goes there. Man that would suck, rather see him anywhere else but Miami or NE. He's just beginning to become a good TE. Think he's going to blow up and don't want it against us.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Definitely agree that he's not worth 5 million/year. If that's his price and he won't move off of it, then maybe it's time to part ways. But nobody had these sort of negative things to say about Keller until 2011, which of course is the same time that the rest of the offensive talent dissipated.

    His below-average blocking wasn't a problem when the Jets had a top-5 rushing attack two straight seasons. And 'JAG' or 'serviceable' are terms thrown around too loosely IMO. If Keller is serviceable, then Cumberland is an arena-league talent.

    Jets fans have short memories. I'd rather have this (at the right price) than hope the right rookie is available when the Jets pick:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_ubWcfEjw

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us