Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA and the Teams picking in front of us

FA and the Teams picking in front of us

KC - Resigned Albert, dropped Winston, signed Devito

Jacksonville -

Oakland - Waived Huff

Phila -

Detroit - Probably will lose avril

Cleveland- signed 2 OLBs (Kruger and Groves)

Arizona - Lost Groves and Adrian Wilson

Buffalo -

Jets

With Cleveland solidifying their OLB/Front 7 with Kruger and Groves (along with Jabaal Sheard), it seems like Warmack might be their guy.

Phila has curry and brandon graham, along with holes on the offensive line.

Jacksonville plays a 4-3

Buffalo spent on Mario last year

With the jets being able to look at Jones, Jordan, Ansah and Mingo for their spot, seems very likely one of them will fall to 9.

Curious how you guys think FA so far has affected the draft

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Buffalo -
    Waived Fitzpatrick.

You have to figure they won't let Geno Smith get past them.

And for that I am thankful.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Buffalo just signed Manny Lawson....have to think they'll go Geno, or an OLineman at this point

All Pro
    These moves indicate to me that at least 2 QBs will go top 10.

I think Smith and Barkley are probably locks, as long as Barkley doesn't sh!t the bed at pro day. Then you never know who might go nuts and reach for a QB.

It's probably going to mean a that one of the OLB/DE guys drop a little bit.

I have no idea what the top 10 looks like right now.

KC - Joeckel. Has to be a LT, right?
    Jax - Fisher? A QB, DE?... I'm stumped here
    Oak - Sharrif Floyd? OT?
    Phi - Geno Smith. Another tough call. Could take OL.
    Det - Milliner. They are desperate for a CB. Maybe a pass rusher?
    Cle - Jordan or another OLB?
    Ari - Matt Barkley, maybe? Good fit for him IMO.
    Buf - Glennon? Nassib? (you just never know with QBs) All it takes is one guy to fall in love. They seem desperate to draft a QB.
    NYJ - ?

If it goes this way, both Ansah and Warmack would be still available.

Who do you take?

Ansah for me.

Man I forgot about Fitzpatrick.

If we can get Geno off the board in front of us, that would be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

I think Smith and Barkley are probably locks, as long as Barkley doesn't sh!t the bed at pro day. Then you never know who might go nuts and reach for a QB.

Oak - Sharrif Floyd? OT?
    Buf - Glennon? Nassib? (you just never know with QBs) All it takes is one guy to fall in love. They seem desperate to draft a QB.
    NYJ - ?

Who do you take?

Ansah for me.
    I would want ansah there too.

The only thing i disagree with you on is an OLB for cleveland. With kruger, sheard and groves, they are pretty well stocked at the position. Seems to me they are in a perfect spot to take warmack.

Draft related

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Ravens spent a lot of time talking to incoming rookie safeties at combine, including Matt Elam, Kenny Vaccaro and D.J. Swearinger.

Hall Of Fame

Who do you take?

Ansah for me.
    Warmack for me.

But if we took Ansah, I'd be pretty pumped too.

OLine has been our achillies on offense for the past 2 season, our pass rush on defense for the past...idk...2 decades?

As this is becoming an offensive league, I'd rather fix that first. A massive dominant O-line to keep a clean pocket for the next Jet QB and to allow for a dynamic complimentary running game is IMHO the way to go.

I just look at Baltimore and the 49ers as a model.

Having said that, if we grab the next JPP, I wouldn't vomit

_

Veteran

Oak - Sharrif Floyd? OT?
    NYJ - ?

Who do you take?

Ansah for me.
    Not sure about Philly taking a QB in the first, they resigned Vick and have Foles who looks good enough to groom for a starter. If they do go QB I think it will be later for depth. I do think Ari and Buff take QBs

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Not sure about Philly taking a QB in the first, they resigned Vick and have Foles who looks good enough to groom for a starter. If they do go QB I think it will be later for depth. I do think Ari and Buff take QBs
    Vick is on a one year deal. Geno is a year away from starting anyway. It makes sense for them if they like him.

Foles is a Reid pick. Kelly might want a more mobile player for the long term. They can keep Foles as a backup, it's not like he has to go anywhere right away. He makes nothing.

All Pro
    OAK's cut way more than Huff. They lost Seymore, Bryant, Kelly, DHB, and others.

They're a virtual lock to take Floyd/Ansah unless Fisher somehow comes into that conversation. I don't know what they're Oline situation is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    OAK's cut way more than Huff. They lost Seymore, Bryant, Kelly, DHB, and others.

They're a virtual lock to take Floyd/Ansah unless Fisher somehow comes into that conversation. I don't know what they're Oline situation is like.
    Ideally we need Floyd, fischer and joekel to go in the top 4 along with someone other then milner or ansah.

That allows detroit to take millner, cleveland to take warmack, and then its just arizona and buffalo with one at least to take a QB.

I figured they would be going after the CB Millner after those cuts.

Detroit signed jason jones, 26 years old, to help fill the shoes of FA DEs kyle vanden Bosch and cliff avril.

That may mean they are not looking at ansah (although jones is not a starter as far as I know)

All Pro
    Ideally we need Floyd, fischer and joekel to go in the top 4 along with someone other then milner or ansah.

That allows detroit to take millner, cleveland to take warmack, and then its just arizona and buffalo with one at least to take a QB.
    Well ideally we'd get Floyd, the best prospect in the draft.

As long we don't take Ansah, or Jordan, I'll be happy.

Well ideally we'd get Floyd, the best prospect in the draft.

As long we don't take Ansah, or Jordan, I'll be happy.
    Floyd for me is a fall back option to Jarvis Jones. I totally agree with you about Ansah and Jordan though.

I really don't think you can out much stock in the effect of anything but top tier Fa's on the draft. I think this is going to be a VERY wild and whacky draft this year.

Kelly isn't cut yet . Might not after they lost Bryant.( still could go) First the raiders are going to try and trade down. (recoup some picks) JMO I think if they are forced to stay at 3 they are most likely go OT(Fisher because they work all week with him at senior bowl) or the top pass rusher. ( Jarvis Jones if there wasn't questions about his health would have been perfect choice) Whom ever they think is best pass rusher.

I think Raiders can get a DT starter later in the draft. You don't need to take a DT that early.

Also Raiders could move LDE L Houston to his more natural RDT(undertackle)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Floyd for me is a fall back option to Jarvis Jones. I totally agree with you about Ansah and Jordan though.

I really don't think you can out much stock in the effect of anything but top tier Fa's on the draft. I think this is going to be a VERY wild and whacky draft this year.
    Beer - how do you think jones fits into our particular defense.

I think the guy would be a great pass rusher and am not worried about his neck, but with rex preferring one of his OLBs to be in a 3 point stance so often, do you think jones can be that guy? Or we try to have someone like mcintyre play that spot and set the edge, while jones can play more in space and rush from a 2-pt stance?

Beer - how do you think jones fits into our particular defense.

I think the guy would be a great pass rusher and am not worried about his neck, but with rex preferring one of his OLBs to be in a 3 point stance so often, do you think jones can be that guy? Or we try to have someone like mcintyre play that spot and set the edge, while jones can play more in space and rush from a 2-pt stance?
    All I know is that jones lead the league in not only sacks but in tackles for losses and this in the sec. We have to get a guy that is a true pass rusher. In my mind, rex's schemes or not, our other dline or not it instantly moves us from a good defense to a potentially elite D.

All Pro
    I really like what Pat Kirwin does here.

http://cbssportsline.com/nfldraft