Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA and the Teams picking in front of us

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    All I know is that jones lead the league in not only sacks but in tackles for losses and this in the sec. We have to get a guy that is a true pass rusher. In my mind, rex's schemes or not, our other dline or not it instantly moves us from a good defense to a potentially elite D.
    Wouldn't Moore be a solid choice using that criteria too? He has really nice production and have even played the position before. Think he is going to be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Wouldn't Moore be a solid choice using that criteria too? He has really nice production and have even played the position before. Think he is going to be a steal.
    Yes - if we love moore, and think he is just not a workout guy, then he would be a HUGE steal.

Basically, we could freely move down to the late teens with a team that wants to move up for Johnson as their LT, pick moore and get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2013 out of it.

The Chiefs are beginning to tick me off. 1st you think OK they have to go QB they have no other viable options. Then they overpay big time for a below average QB and take that off the table. Then your thinking OL is a lock. No they tag one of the worst starting LT in the league. Then your like OK DL has to be the only viable option they really don't need a CB. No they sign Devito. OK do you move your 14 mil LT to RT and draft a better LT? lol Is there really a WR worth the pick. F it this is Andy reid we are talking of course he will draft anther CB.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    All I know is that jones lead the league in not only sacks but in tackles for losses and this in the sec. We have to get a guy that is a true pass rusher. In my mind, rex's schemes or not, our other dline or not it instantly moves us from a good defense to a potentially elite D.
    This right here. I've been on Jones from day one.

I want a guy who has produced on the field and not just against the likes of Marist and Youngstown St.

Jones put up HUGE numbers in sacks, tackles and tackles for a loss, not just for one year at Georgia against SEC competition but for two years.

Neck or no neck. Take him if he's there. I'd take a guy who will get us 5-6 years of 10 plus sacks a year...even if he is forced to retire in year 7.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I would want ansah there too.

The only thing i disagree with you on is an OLB for cleveland. With kruger, sheard and groves, they are pretty well stocked at the position. Seems to me they are in a perfect spot to take warmack.
    Absolutely. With Cleveland seemingly flush at OLB they would prolly take Warmack to stack the OL in front of T-Rich. Conceivably, the Jets could have their pick of Jordan, Ansah, Mingo or Jones. Jets look set to have their pick of multiple pass rushing threats to address our lack of sacks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    These moves indicate to me that at least 2 QBs will go top 10.

I think Smith and Barkley are probably locks, as long as Barkley doesn't sh!t the bed at pro day. Then you never know who might go nuts and reach for a QB.

It's probably going to mean a that one of the OLB/DE guys drop a little bit.

I have no idea what the top 10 looks like right now.

KC - Joeckel. Has to be a LT, right?
    Jax - Fisher? A QB, DE?... I'm stumped here
    Oak - Sharrif Floyd? OT?
    Phi - Geno Smith. Another tough call. Could take OL.
    Det - Milliner. They are desperate for a CB. Maybe a pass rusher?
    Cle - Jordan or another OLB?
    Ari - Matt Barkley, maybe? Good fit for him IMO.
    Buf - Glennon? Nassib? (you just never know with QBs) All it takes is one guy to fall in love. They seem desperate to draft a QB.
    NYJ - ?

If it goes this way, both Ansah and Warmack would be still available.

Who do you take?

Ansah for me.
    Oakland to Dee Milliner seems almost certain. I think you may see a lot of DB fly off the board early. Xavier Rhodes, Banks, Trufant, Elam, Vaccaro, and maybe Reid could all be 1st rounders.

All Pro
    Is there any way Floyd makes it to us.

That's all I care about.

Honestly SanDiego is in a world of trouble now that they lost Vasquez.

That oline was the worst in the league WITH vasquez, and they are going to HAVE To address G or OT with the 11th pick. With tennessee in between, and probably looking at DLine, could be another option to move down.

Moving from 9 to 11 would get us a 4th round pick.

All Pro

That oline was the worst in the league WITH vasquez, and they are going to HAVE To address G or OT with the 11th pick. With tennessee in between, and probably looking at DLine, could be another option to move down.

I would do that in the blink of an eye.

Then trade down again, to the mid/late-20s for another 2nd rounder if I could.

I think we end up with Star. I have a tough time seeing Warmack and Jarvis Jones dropping past all those teams almost all of them need either OL or pass rusher.

I think the Chargers are in for a bad season next year. Denver is beyond a stacked football team right now, KC is improving and Raiders will be the same probably around 6-10 as usual.