Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greene visiting Titans...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Greene visiting Titans...

Former Jets running back Shonn Greene is scheduled to visit the Titans on Wednesday, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports.

Greene rushed for 1,063 yards last season.

The Titans are looking for a bigger back to complement running back Chris Johnson.

Good luck! He really is not the ideal power back he goes down quite easily.

GOOD. I hope he stays there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    GOOD. I hope he stays there.
    LOL, you beat me to it.

Jim Wyatt‏@jwyattsports

Indications are the #Titans plan to sign former #Jets RB Shonn Greene during his visit. I'm expecting this one to get done today as well

Shonn, this is for all the great second effort and falls immediately after getting hit:

I hope they enjoy him.

He'll be good as Johnson's backup.

That's what Greene is. A good complement back. Nothing more.

A huge underachiever in my opinion to be honest because in about 5 games in his career he showed just how beastly he could be. However to go along with those games he had a lot of mediocre to poor games. He seemed to get too comfortable and was not good unless pushed.

He left a LOT of yards on the field.

Greene is a good 1-2 punch back. Still gained over 1000 yards this season. Not great but still serviceable. So many people think hes horrible and i dont think that the case. He's just not a feature back

Rookie
    RayRay wil be devastated that his all world RB is a bust.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    Greene is a good 1-2 punch back. Still gained over 1000 yards this season. Not great but still serviceable. So many people think hes horrible and i dont think that the case. He's just not a feature back
    Agreed. I think the Titans will be a good fit for him.

greene hate is misguided-did he become an elite back no he did not but he played fairly well for us 1000+ yards and the jets line is poor( besides mangold)-when mangold was out they were beyond awful and let us not forget we had zero passing game and zero ability to stretch the field-teams were able to stack the box against us often knowing there was no long ball threat heck even a short ball threat with a qb that was 40% from 0-10 yards out

All Pro
    Peace out Shonn!!!

Thanks for the memories in 09-10!

Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    greene hate is misguided-did he become an elite back no he did not but he played fairly well for us 1000+ yards and the jets line is poor( besides mangold)-when mangold was out they were beyond awful and let us not forget we had zero passing game and zero ability to stretch the field-teams were able to stack the box against us often knowing there was no long ball threat heck even a short ball threat with a qb that was 40% from 0-10 yards out
    You have one massive error in your post, that our oline is poor. Our oline has been good for years, even last year. Watch any of the high producing backs in this league and you will see that on about half of their carries they adjust to the hole location and make plays. Greene has no ability to do that at all. He simply could not find a hole if one was not right in front of him and he went down quicker than just about any back in the league on 1st contact. He was bad.

Definitely wanted him gone, but will be interesting to see what he signs for knowing he has no shot at starting.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Definitely wanted him gone, but will be interesting to see what he signs for knowing he has no shot at starting.
    He's knows hes being brought in to be a complimentary back. Chris Johnson is not a feature back anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Good luck! He really is not the ideal power back he goes down quite easily.
    Sad but true.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

WHy did we only sign him for 4 years initially?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    WHy did we only sign him for 4 years initially?
    Ask Sparkles.