Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greene visiting Titans...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    He's knows hes being brought in to be a complimentary back. Chris Johnson is not a feature back anymore
    Don't know about that, he was pretty much the only Titan to touch the ball on the ground last year and had a solid season. But the feature-back concept is dying anyway, so makes it a good landing spot for Greene.

Hope the O-lineman down in Tennessee have durable pads for their backs for when Greene plows into them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a good fit to go along with a back like Johnson.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You have one massive error in your post, that our oline is poor. Our oline has been good for years, even last year. Watch any of the high producing backs in this league and you will see that on about half of their carries they adjust to the hole location and make plays. Greene has no ability to do that at all. He simply could not find a hole if one was not right in front of him and he went down quicker than just about any back in the league on 1st contact. He was bad.
    it was not an error at all-did you actually watch the games especially when mangold was out? our qb had no time back there and our line opened zero holes as well- dbrick is not the same player he was when he came into the league and we had one of the worst starting line man in the nfl on our roster-it was so bad he was sent backing -our line was MUCH better a few years back

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Titans reached agreement on a three-year, $10 million deal with former Jets RB Shonn Greene.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Titans reached agreement on a three-year, $10 million deal with former Jets RB Shonn Greene.
    LMAO

I'm sorry, I don't know if most of you jet fans like Greene but I thought he was barely better than any number of RBs you can pick up after the draft.

I want to know what sort of guaranteed money is in that deal. If it is more than 1 million then the Titans are morons.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will remember the good times.....remember when he broke that run in the playoffs against the chargers??? Ahhh good times

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to Shonn. He was a good Jet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    LMAO

I'm sorry, I don't know if most of you jet fans like Greene but I thought he was barely better than any number of RBs you can pick up after the draft.

I want to know what sort of guaranteed money is in that deal. If it is more than 1 million then the Titans are morons.
    Greene got 4.5 mil guaranteed

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Good riddance, he was horrible, most teams backups could've out produced him. Couldn't break tackles, juke anyone or outrun anyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I will remember the good times.....remember when he broke that run in the playoffs against the chargers??? Ahhh good times
    He had that 53 yd td against the Chargers and a 39 yd td against the Bengals which gave him 21 carries for 135 yds and 23 carries 128 yds against the Chargers.. Next year he had a 16 yd td which sealed the Pat win.. For some reason in the AFCCG at Pitt he had just 9 carries for 52 yds and LT had 9 for 16 yds??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Good riddance, he was horrible, most teams backups could've out produced him. Couldn't break tackles, juke anyone or outrun anyone.
    From the outside looking in I never thought he was a quality back at all. I think the Jets are definitely better off going in another direction.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    LMAO

he rushed for over 1000 yards and had 8tds and was not even a bellcow-those numbers are pretty decent especially considering he played for a team with no passing game at all

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    he rushed for over 1000 yards and had 8tds and was not even a bellcow-those numbers are pretty decent especially considering he played for a team with no passing game at all
    +1
    People act as if this guy is the worst back in the league

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He had that 53 yd td against the Chargers and a 39 yd td against the Bengals which gave him 21 carries for 135 yds and 23 carries 128 yds against the Chargers.. Next year he had a 16 yd td which sealed the Pat win.. For some reason in the AFCCG at Pitt he had just 9 carries for 52 yds and LT had 9 for 16 yds??
    That idiot Schotty!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my favorite Jet games...classic!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Don't know about that, he was pretty much the only Titan to touch the ball on the ground last year and had a solid season. But the feature-back concept is dying anyway, so makes it a good landing spot for Greene.

Hope the O-lineman down in Tennessee have durable pads for their backs for when Greene plows into them.
    Not saying Johnson is washed up but i think you only expect 1000-1200 yards from him. To me thats not feature back

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever the man's true ability on the football field, the fact is I hated watching him play football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Hard to run the ball when you're down 3+ scores and running out of time. And I think we only had 4 possessions in the 1st half of that game, 2 of which came at the very end of the half (the drive with the strip sack fumble return TD and the kneel down after we got the ball back before the half).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    We were down 24-0 or something early vs pittsburgh, blame that game on REx's defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed on the ground that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We were down 24-0 or something early vs pittsburgh, blame that game on REx's defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed on the ground that game.
    The drive where Shonn Greene was trucking Steelers all over the field (Farrior included) and then was pulled at the goal line by Schotty for LT, The Jets never scored on that drive and it took 8 minutes