Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Over/Under 5.5 Wins in 2013

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

38 54.29%
  • Under

32 45.71%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Over / Under Jets 5.5 Wins in 2013 season ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it is fun for people to do this. I can't see how anyone can predict anything in March. Lets see what happens with Revis and the draft. Don't get me wrong I really don't think it looks good for the Jets this year. Still if Revis does stay, ( Doubt it), and we play good defence and just don't turn the ball over 45 times. I think we have a shot at being mediocre.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Honest question -- what makes us a minimum of three games worse than last year?

Harder schedule? That's tough to say until you see the teams on the field. But otherwise, I don't see where this dramatic drop-off is occurring.

1) You can't count trading Revis b/c he barely played last year anyway.

2)You can't assume Sanchez will be worse b/c (a) that might not be possible and (b) Morningwheg HAS to be an upgrade over Sparano. And if he does tank, putting Garrard in should yield better results than any backup we had last year.

3) Hopefully we get Holmes back and Hill makes some strides.

4) We've got young talent on the D-Line that will hopefully improve

5) We have a draft with more picks than usual and a GM that many here believe will take a different (better?) approach toward building the team.

I'm not saying 10-6, I just honestly don't understand why people are expecting WORSE (and in your case significantly worse) than the debacle of the past two years . . .
    Last year, it was my opinion (and that of many of other people, of course) that we would go 6-10 or 8-8. Lots of posters said folks like me were delusional as we would never lose 10 games. Toward the end of the season, one guy even wanted to bet the house that we wouldn't finish at 6-10.

This year, with Rex still as our HC, there is no doubt in my mind that we'll go into the tank early and never recover. Plus, even if we put a few pieces together, it will be their first year in a new system. This is rarely a formula for success.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say 4-5 games is about right. This is a major retooling and it will take a couple of years. We are very patient fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted for over based on this.....the jets won 6 games and should have won more last year even though they were horrid....we have yet to see the complete 2013 squad but I am confident that they will be much more talented than the putrid 2012 squad....I am also looking at some teams like the ravens regress and the patriots possibly losing welker.....I donpt consider it going on a limb to expect this team to win two or more games after the 2012 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    I made up the line just for fun based on what we know right now...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    as the multi year winner or runner up of the jets insider pickem polls i am the expert around here!!!!!!....i will tell you if sucky boy suckchez is our starting qb we will not be winning 6 games....NO FING WAY!!!!! 4-12.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    when are some of you going to ralize that strength of schedule in march means NOTHING....are you aware that rosters will look different come august.......does that compute. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Last year, it was my opinion (and that of many of other people, of course) that we would go 6-10 or 8-8. Lots of posters said folks like me were delusional as we would never lose 10 games. Toward the end of the season, one guy even wanted to bet the house that we wouldn't finish at 6-10.

This year, with Rex still as our HC, there is no doubt in my mind that we'll go into the tank early and never recover. Plus, even if we put a few pieces together, it will be their first year in a new system. This is rarely a formula for success.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    as the multi year winner or runner up of the jets insider pickem polls i am the expert around here!!!!!!....i will tell you if sucky boy suckchez is our starting qb we will not be winning 6 games....NO FING WAY!!!!! 4-12.
    but what if garrard wins the job? then 13-3?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I see us going 9-7 & missing the playoffs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    6-10

The defense will keep the team competitive enough to pull out a few wins.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    when are some of you going to ralize that strength of schedule in march means NOTHING....are you aware that rosters will look different come august.......does that compute. lol
    Only thing of which I am vividly aware is that we're the NY Jets; Rex remains our HC; and the Boy Blunder will, most likely, still be behind center (or Guard should he try to "scramble") this season. These attributes do not instill confidence no matter the month.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    The defense has gotten worse four years in a row, and will likely take another step back next season. Lots of new players, new coordinator, and about to trade our best player in Revis.

The only way we get 6 wins or more is if Morninweg gets our QB to produce at a high level. A tough thing to do with the parts we have on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the fact the Mark & Rex will be playing for their football carrears this season , they will both be pushing it extra hard this year to get those extra couple of wins but still come up short in the end!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way too early to tell but I'm gonna say over.

While we have plenty of issues I think we'll be better offensively than we were last year. I don't think the sky is falling the way many do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    I voted over because i believe in this team but this question really comes down to qb play. Good qb play and we are over. Bad qb play and we are under. Simple as that
    There is nobody left

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

1-15

Jadeavon clowney sweepstakes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes we are the new york jets......records the past 5 years including playoffs.

2012-6 wins
    2011-8 wins
    2010-13 wins
    2009-11 wins
    2008-9 wins.

YES we are the JETS...a team that has been competitive...a team that lost best offensive and defensive player in 2012 and was still compepetive...a team whose qb also imploded. You said we were the jets as though we were a friggin doormat......this may shock you but the above records show that they jets have been far from a doormat. 2013 is also a brand new slate with new scheme and the upcoming draft....you and many seem to revel in the feeling that you always stink....fact is its not the case.....this is a new slate.

Only thing of which I am vividly aware is that we're the NY Jets; Rex remains our HC; and the Boy Blunder will, most likely, still be behind center (or Guard should he try to "scramble") this season. These attributes do not instill confidence no matter the month.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and to assue than sanchez will be under center in march when we signed garrard is stretching in,,,,i strongly feel that garrard will beat sanchez out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    6-10

What defense. Half of it just left or is leaving.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post

The defense just lost Pace, Scott, DeVito, Pouha, and more than likely will lose Revis and Landry.

The Jets 2013 defense will be drastically different than 2012, and a shell of the '09 and '10 defenses.

So to say the defense will keep the Jets "competitive" is totally absurd at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The defense just lost Pace, Scott, DeVito, Pouha, and more than likely will lose Revis and Landry.

The Jets 2013 defense will be drastically different than 2012, and a shell of the '09 and '10 defenses.

So to say the defense will keep the Jets "competitive" is totally absurd at this point.
    I hate to agree with you because... I hate to agree with you. But I agree with you.