View Poll Results: Over/Under 5.5 Wins in 2013

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

38 54.29%
  • Under

32 45.71%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Over / Under Jets 5.5 Wins in 2013 season ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    yes we are the new york jets......records the past 5 years including playoffs.

2012-6 wins
    2011-8 wins
    2010-13 wins
    2009-11 wins
    2008-9 wins.

YES we are the JETS...a team that has been competitive...a team that lost best offensive and defensive player in 2012 and was still compepetive...a team whose qb also imploded. You said we were the jets as though we were a friggin doormat......this may shock you but the above records show that they jets have been far from a doormat. 2013 is also a brand new slate with new scheme and the upcoming draft....you and many seem to revel in the feeling that you always stink....fact is its not the case.....this is a new slate.
    We've lost 13, but never won 13 games in a season. I broke it down once and was shocked at the number of mediocre-to-awful seasons we've had. You have more faith that me, which I respect and applaud.

and to assue than sanchez will be under center in march when we signed garrard is stretching in,,,,i strongly feel that garrard will beat sanchez out.
    I hope you're right. Although, after not playing for three years, Garrard might be a disaster, too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    I hate to agree with you because... I hate to agree with you. But I agree with you.
    We posted the exact same thing at the exact same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Last year, it was my opinion (and that of many of other people, of course) that we would go 6-10 or 8-8. Lots of posters said folks like me were delusional as we would never lose 10 games. Toward the end of the season, one guy even wanted to bet the house that we wouldn't finish at 6-10.

This year, with Rex still as our HC, there is no doubt in my mind that we'll go into the tank early and never recover. Plus, even if we put a few pieces together, it will be their first year in a new system. This is rarely a formula for success.
    With all due respect, people predicted 6 wins BEFORE we lost Revis/Holmes. If those same people knew we'd lose our best player on each side of the the board I have a feeling their predictions would have plummeted.

Having said that, GOOD change is never a BAD thing. I find it hard to believe the offense will do worse than last year just because it's MMs first year -- that just doesn't seem possible. I also don't see how our LBs could get any slower or the DL any greener.

Could we go 2-14? With this team anything is possible. I'm not predicting great things, I'm just saying it won't take much to match last year's performance, nevermind play 3 games worse than it . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 03-13-2013 at 03:48 PM.

yes we are the new york jets......records the past 5 years excluding playoffs.

2012-6 wins
    2011-8 wins
    2010-11 wins
    2009- 9 wins
    2008-9 wins.

Not exactly a juggernaut.

More closely resembles the team we are.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    the jets are without some slow players who they will not miss....this may come as a shcok to man you who claim to already know what the jets will look like.....but in todays football, things can be turned around quickly....you can speculate all you want during day 2 of free agency and more than a month left before the draft......some of us are optimistic.....the majority of you revel on constantly saying how bad the jets will be....they won 6 games in 2012 and not 2. the same people say the same thing ALL THE TIME about the jets which is negtive....this fan is actually optimistic.....some of us are...the rest of you can keep with the doom and gloom predictions in march lol......knock yourself out..lol

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The defense just lost Pace, Scott, DeVito, Pouha, and more than likely will lose Revis and Landry.

The Jets 2013 defense will be drastically different than 2012, and a shell of the '09 and '10 defenses.

So to say the defense will keep the Jets "competitive" is totally absurd at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    who said they were a juggeraut...lol my point is they have been competitive.....thats one losing season in 5 years....not a juggernaut but to see the CONSTANT talk about the jets being beyond terrible....give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Not exactly a juggernaut.

More closely resembles the team we are.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    With all due respect, people predicted 6 wins BEFORE we lost Revis/Holmes and we won 7 anyway. If those same people knew we'd lose our best player on each side of the the board I have a feeling their predictions would have plummeted.

Having said that, GOOD change is never a BAD thing. I find it hard to believe the offense will do worse than last year just because it's MMs first year -- that just doesn't seem possible. I also don't see how our LBs could get any slower or the DL any greener.

Could we go 2-14? With this team anything is possible. I'm not predicting great things, I'm just saying it won't take much to match last year's performance, nevermind play 3 games worse than it . . .
    We were 6-10 last year. I respect your opinion as well, OCCH. I'm just not that optimistic at the moment.

Hall Of Fame
    everyhing with you is MIGH MIGHT MIGHT....no one knows...my point is this team is unloading dead weight...being patient which is not a bad thing....why is everything in jets were beyond doom and gloom.....i sure as heck is not saying the jets will win 9-10 games...my point is i feel thet are going in the right direction and that also included how they are dealing with revis.

We've lost 13, but never won 13 games in a season. I broke it down once and was shocked at the number of mediocre-to-awful seasons we've had. You have more faith that me, which I respect and applaud.

I hope you're right. Although, after not playing for three years, Garrard might be a disaster, too.

Banned

my point is they have been competitive.....thats one losing season in 5 years.
    The "glass half-emptiers" look at it as 2 non-winning seasons in the last five years.

Can you imagine if Revis does go to Tampa and the Jets open the season at home against the Bucs?
    It would be a circus (ha), but I'd rather face him in Game 1 than later in the season when his recovery is farther along.

All Pro
    We posted the exact same thing at the exact same time.
    Yeah well, when yu have to replace half your defense or more in critical areas and you have even lost players off the pitiful offense we had last year, hope springs eternal, but optimism doesn't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Really? Predicting wins when FA has just started, we haven't had the draft or late off-season signings and have no clue of our roster when the season starts? Really? Jets fans are the dumbest f*cks on the planet. Why do we do these exercises in futility?
    +1 I'm sure some will begin chanting;We are the champions Here's Queen doing the Goat version in honor of Revis..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_i2mC76kAY

All Pro
    the jets are without some slow players who they will not miss....this may come as a shcok to man you who claim to already know what the jets will look like.....but in todays football, things can be turned around quickly....you can speculate all you want during day 2 of free agency and more than a month left before the draft......some of us are optimistic.....the majority of you revel on constantly saying how bad the jets will be....they won 6 games in 2012 and not 2. the same people say the same thing ALL THE TIME about the jets which is negtive....this fan is actually optimistic.....some of us are...the rest of you can keep with the doom and gloom predictions in march lol......knock yourself out..lol
    Yes, as in 2014 or 2015.

everyhing with you is MIGH MIGHT MIGHT....no one knows...my point is this team is unloading dead weight...being patient which is not a bad thing....why is everything in jets were beyond doom and gloom.....i sure as heck is not saying the jets will win 9-10 games...my point is i feel thet are going in the right direction and that also included how they are dealing with revis.
    Exactly why I phrase it as a possibility. We are all just giving our opinions.

If Woody had had the balls to fire Rex, then I would be on the bandwagon with you supporting the new HC. Right now? I still see Rex polluting any good we accomplish by dumping dead weight or bringing in new coaches and players. We're just spinning our wheels for another year until Idzik can fully shape the team for his vision of success.

We were 6-10 last year. I respect your opinion as well, OCCH. I'm just not that optimistic at the moment.
    You beat me to it

I guess my mind refuses to remember it the way it truly was . . .

Hall Of Fame
    actually its being rational.......if a jets fans is actually feeling that the team is going in the right direction is half full then so be it....not sure what your take is on the chowds and welker since your football take is always on the jets but oh well. I am looking at the new direction of the team and i like it thus far.....we so called sucked with pace, scott etc....we get rid of them and now its a huge loss....lol get real.

The "glass half-emptiers" look at it as 2 non-winning seasons in the last five years.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    You beat me to it

I guess my mind refuses to remember it the way it truly was . . .
    No worries. We're all still dumbstruck at how things turned out last year.

Hall Of Fame
    this team was just beyond bad last year....the cheifs won 2 games in 2012 but you would think the jets were worse....lack of speed and talent kills you....i just can't see them especially offense being as bad....i also do not see sanchez as the starter....he stinks.

No worries. We're all still dumbstruck at how things turned out last year.

Please name one other team where going 8-8 and 6-10 translates into being one of the worst teams in the NFL . . .

or barely above 500.