Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Kerry Rhodes just released

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex never liked him, but there is no question we miss his skillset in the defense.

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Rex never liked him, but there is no question we miss his skillset in the defense.
    He was the only safety that we ever had that could actually cover a TE.

    He was a pussbag when it came to contact, however.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    speak for yourself NOT every jets fan thinks like numnuts


    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    omg we're so retarded

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's NO way this would ever happen. Sherry Rhodes burned his bridges before he left. So long as Rex is here, he would never be welcome.

  5. #25
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleh. Rhodes is a *****. Let him go whine somewhere else.

  6. #26
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like





  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Memorex View Post




    Unfortunately this may be why he was released!!!

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    The news story that an NFL player was going to "come out" and was "PLANNING on continuing his NFL career" would make some more sense since Kerry was cut and is not on an NFL roster as of today. Someone already with a contract wouldn't have to "plan on continuing" his nfl career.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brendon Ayanbadejo will be pleased to see Kerry's holiday snaps are out.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Brendon Ayanbadejo will be pleased to see Kerry's holiday snaps are out.
    I think it would be great for kerry to come out, it would open the door for Brady to finally do the same.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Kerry was released from Arizona or the Jets because he is gay that would be totally unacceptable.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    If Kerry was released from Arizona or the Jets because he is gay that would be totally unacceptable.
    Yes, it would be. However, the Jets traded him, he wasn't released. And it was because he didn't mesh with Rex's D or his position coach, Thurman. The Jets want hitters at S, and that's not Rhodes.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    no thanks to bringing back Sherry

  14. #34
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    If Kerry was released from Arizona or the Jets because he is gay that would be totally unacceptable.
    Why not? Maybe he was getting too close to Sanchez. Notice Sanchez hasn't done gay photo ops since Kerry's trade.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right after RR was hired as coach, I was talking to my brother about the "Kerry Rhodes welcomes Braylon Edwards video" on NFL.com. He pointed out that KR and BE have a very telling exchange in the video about what Rex's practices are like:

    Start listening at 3:00 on the video:

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-...y-Rhodes-house

    BE: What's the tempo of y'all's practices?

    KR: We chill.

    BE: OK.

    KR: He don't - he don't put no (pressure on?) like Mangini - If you ain't practicing you're over on the bike or doing some other stuff, (KR waves his hand in disgust) with him if you're hurting . . . but with him if you're a playa, you chill.

    I think that Rhodes was not just speaking about what happens when you are hurt during the week when he said, "if you're a playa, you chill." I think he means more generally that Rex does not put a lot of pressure on his starters, as Mangini did.

    My read is that this attitude is what got KR shipped out of NY.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 04-10-2013 at 11:41 AM.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Yes, it would be. However, the Jets traded him, he wasn't released. And it was because he didn't mesh with Rex's D or his position coach, Thurman. The Jets want hitters at S, and that's not Rhodes.
    So I guess that means Rhodes is the catcher??

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The news story that an NFL player was going to "come out" and was "PLANNING on continuing his NFL career" would make some more sense since Kerry was cut and is not on an NFL roster as of today. Someone already with a contract wouldn't have to "plan on continuing" his nfl career.
    It'd answer a lot of questions about why he couldn't hit.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Right after RR was hired as coach, I was talking to my brother about the "Kerry Rhodes welcomes Braylon Edwards video" on NFL.com. He pointed out that KR and BE have a very telling exchange in the video about what Rex's practices are like:

    Start listening at 3:00 on the video:

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-...y-Rhodes-house

    BE: What's the tempo of y'all's practices?

    KR: We chill.

    BE: OK.

    KR: He don't - he don't put no (pressure on?) like Mangini - If you ain't practicing you're over on the bike or doing some other stuff, (KR waves his hand in disgust) with him if you're hurting . . . but with him if you're a playa, you chill.

    I think that Rhodes was not just speaking about what happens when you are hurt during the week when he said, "if you're a playa, you chill." I think he means more generally that Rex does not put a lot of pressure on his starters, as Mangini did.

    My read is that this attitude is what got KR shipped out of NY.

    Ummmm this attitude is a Disgrace!!!!

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Yes, it would be. However, the Jets traded him, he wasn't released. And it was because he didn't mesh with Rex's D or his position coach, Thurman. The Jets want hitters at S, and that's not Rhodes.
    That may be true and it is a weakness of the Rex defense. He refuses to acknowledge he needs coverage help from FS in my view.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmm this attitude is a Disgrace!!!!
    Who's attitude, Kerry's or Rex's because there is a ton of evidence that he plays big favoritism with "his guys" and that might extend to letting them be lax in practice. Maybe calling Rex out was part of why Rex decided he hated him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us