Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Kerry Rhodes just released

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Who's attitude, Kerry's or Rex's because there is a ton of evidence that he plays big favoritism with "his guys" and that might extend to letting them be lax in practice. Maybe calling Rex out was part of why Rex decided he hated him.
    Both. Rhodes is a joke for saying this instead if calling the team out for it and Rex is a joke for allowing this to take place and it goes directly to how we have performed the last two years!!!!

  2. #42
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    He can cover TE's and play center field but he isn't much of a hitter. I'd be okay if he came back but there's no way Rex is going for it.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Who's attitude, Kerry's or Rex's because there is a ton of evidence that he plays big favoritism with "his guys" and that might extend to letting them be lax in practice. Maybe calling Rex out was part of why Rex decided he hated him.
    It was posted previously Rhodes almost got in a fight with Dennis Thurman.. Plus Rhodes didn't like the little cracker Leonhard calling the DB plays..

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a disappointing player. His first few years here he was a pro owl calibre player (still upset he got shafted in favor of the Tampa Bay over the hill dude).

    He then went totally insane within about a half a year and became the epitome of a guy that got paid some and read his press clippings. I was glad they tossed him, he was crap by the time we got rid of him.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    He can cover TE's and play center field but he isn't much of a hitter. I'd be okay if he came back but there's no way Rex is going for it.
    Exactly. He can shore up the defence exactly where teams kill us: with their TE's. Idzik is running a tight ship and Rhodes knows he can't have his way like he used to. It would be a good matchup of needs. Rhodes needs cash too.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The news story that an NFL player was going to "come out" and was "PLANNING on continuing his NFL career" would make some more sense since Kerry was cut and is not on an NFL roster as of today. Someone already with a contract wouldn't have to "plan on continuing" his nfl career.
    Just what I was thinking but that boyfriend is UGLY!

  7. #47
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He was the only safety that we ever had that could actually cover a TE.

    He was a pussbag when it came to contact, however.
    Which is ironic because KR was out of position against GOnzalez in 2009. The ATL extended their drive and closed out the game. Big 3rd down.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Exactly. He can shore up the defence exactly where teams kill us: with their TE's. Idzik is running a tight ship and Rhodes knows he can't have his way like he used to. It would be a good matchup of needs. Rhodes needs cash too.
    Based on what I've seen in this thread, he looks like he's got a life partner he needs to provide for.

  9. #49
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Based on what I've seen in this thread, he looks like he's got a life partner he needs to provide for.
    +1; his arms will get tired.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's weird that the Saints have signed oft-injured Jim Leonhard but Rhodes is still a FA. As smart and plucky as Jimmy is, in terms of physical abilities and impact there's no comparison.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets can use both of them.Cut Tebow, use the money to sign Pollard and start him at SS. Then sign Rhodes and start him at FS. Rhodes and Pollard both kill the Pats.
    And leave our QBing to Suckchez! Right! He will best Brady and playoffs here we come! Great call! What part of Rhodes and Rex do not mix well don't you understand? How about our secondary coach nearly decking Rhodes a few years ago! You have great insight into this stuff. Ever think about applying for a GM position?

  12. #52
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    It's weird that the Saints have signed oft-injured Jim Leonhard but Rhodes is still a FA. As smart and plucky as Jimmy is, in terms of physical abilities and impact there's no comparison.
    The signing has more to do with their DC and the low cost. Good move for the saints if they have some depth at the position.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Both. Rhodes is a joke for saying this instead if calling the team out for it and Rex is a joke for allowing this to take place and it goes directly to how we have performed the last two years!!!!
    I've got some advice for the two of you. If you really think Rex is such a fat useless A$$hole, then go watch another team. Rex is the HC whether you f*cking like it or not. So if you don't like it, please shove it up your rear end as no one cares, least of all Woody.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The news story that an NFL player was going to "come out" and was "PLANNING on continuing his NFL career" would make some more sense since Kerry was cut and is not on an NFL roster as of today. Someone already with a contract wouldn't have to "plan on continuing" his nfl career.
    Don't forget that I scooped this news in that thread.

  15. #55
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us