Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now Brady looks like an ass

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    It says that he had a chance to play with an even better HOF qb for even more money for his last few playing years... I'd say it's a win-win for Welker.
    You think Manning is better, i don't. And to amuse myself I will believe your not just trolling and you believe what you said. Borderline HOF candidates in all sports are better served from being affiliated with the fewer teams the better, Being with one team of course is the ideal but the more you travel the less cache you have with the writers and voters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Brady signed an extension at a lot less money than he was worth and the Pats reward him by letting his best receiver leave town. Once again Kraft takes a huge dump on his best players.
    Dump their best players but they still remain fairly adept at beating us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    really think so? i don't. brady got guaranteed money for the next 4 seasons and he really has nothing left. his arm is plenty shot and without welker, he's going to have a tough time finding a guy he can rely on game in and game out. gronkowski will be himself but he's also not taking very good care of his body so he may be done in a couple of seasons too. hernandez? china. edelman? china.

Brady signed an extension at a lot less money than he was worth and the Pats reward him by letting his best receiver leave town. Once again Kraft takes a huge dump on his best players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    manning is better. the one time the dolts had a decent defense to go with manning he won the sb. brady has always had a good enough defense but lately he's gotten to the show twice and twice beat himself with poor passing at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You think Manning is better, i don't. And to amuse myself I will believe your not just trolling and you believe what you said. Borderline HOF candidates in all sports are better served from being affiliated with the fewer teams the better, Being with one team of course is the ideal but the more you travel the less cache you have with the writers and voters.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Dump their best players but they still remain fairly adept at beating us.
    Yep, I wish we sucked as much as they do.

They are a solid NFL organization. Do I like them? NO
    Do I wish we could be half as effective as they are - YES

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is highly unlikely that Wes Welker signing in Denver for a relative pittance is what Tom Brady had in mind when he gave the Patriots $15 million in cap relief two weeks ago.

Well, $12 million for two years' work might not be your idea of a relative pittance. But for a player who has averaged 112 catches a year over his six-year New England career--and who clearly was Brady's go-to compadre--the move of Welker to Denver has to be a crushing blow.

New England seemed to respond to Welker inking in Denver with a five-year, $31 million deal for Amendola. The ex-Rams receiver is five years younger and more explosive than Welker, but he's struggled to stay healthy and there is no guarantee he will mesh with Brady (Ask Chad Ochocinco).

Either Bill Belichick vastly underestimated Welker's relevance on the open market, or he was convinced Danny Amendola can sufficiently replace Welker. Maybe it was both. But I think it's a bad misjudgment that will come back to haunt the Patriots. I'll ask the same question I asked about Anquan Boldin the other day: On what football planet are Boldin and Welker not worth $6 million a year to winning teams like Baltimore and New England?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2NVo4O7bV

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even without a 33-year old slot receiver, the Pats will still win 12-14 games next year and contend for the Super Bowl.

I hope you enjoy your 4-5 wins next year with your gutted, Pop Warner roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Even without a 33-year old slot receiver, the Pats will still win 12-14 games next year and contend for the Super Bowl.

I hope you enjoy your 4-5 wins next year with your gutted, Pop Warner roster.
    4 wins sounds like too many to secure a great draft pick, but I'll take it, as long as 2 are against the aging Tom Brady. 42 this year, right, PatsTrollTx?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    4 wins sounds like too many to secure a great draft pick, but I'll take it, as long as 2 are against the aging Tom Brady. 42 this year, right, PatsTrollTx?
    Seriously?

The two Jets games next year will be the easiest wins on the Pats schedule.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously?

maybe. 9-7. congrats.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously?

Yea thats what u said last year and your skumbag team was lucky to beat us up in Foxboro

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He still goes home to Giselle and a couple of beautiful children and has more money than he can spend and is a first-ballot HOF.

Brady wins at life.
    Mark Sanchez gets to bang as many hot chicks as he likes and earns $17M
    a year....so I guess he wins at life too

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And what does it say about Welker that he will leave a team where he had great personal success, had a great fit with his teamates for 1 more mil dollars.
    plus he had an outside chance at the HOF with the if he would have stood with the pats.

And kraft has nothing to do with it- this is a BB decision from the get go.
    it's not like he left a great QB to go to Mark Sanchez for more money. he left 1 HOF QB for another.

and do we even know if welker went back to the pats with the bronco's offer to see if they would match it?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is pathetic, every year we talk about the Pats and how they are done because they lost a particular player, or someone is getting old. Year after year they prove us wrong by winning the division and being a strong favorate to get to the SB. I would take their record over the past 10 years over ours any day. Now talk of Brady's arm and Gronk's health, Welker leaving. When has any of this stopped the Pats, it hasn't.

All need to stop specating on the Pats demise as nothing in the past has proven that they will not play up to the caliber they have played over the past years.

We are so desperate for the Pats downfall that we spew unfounded facts of their impending demise. how about we stop waiting for the compitition to come down to us and we go up and get it.

Whaaaaaaaa!!!!!! That what we sound like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yea thats what u said last year and your skumbag team was lucky to beat us up in Foxboro
    Ah, a friggn' moral victory by keeping the score close.

Jets are 0-4 against the Pats in their most recent games, soon to be 0-6 after 2013.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    Thread of the year!
    +1

We should have this rmeyer52 guy start a new thread every day.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    it's not like he left a great QB to go to Mark Sanchez for more money. he left 1 HOF QB for another.

and do we even know if welker went back to the pats with the bronco's offer to see if they would match it?
    Believe me- I don't think Welker did anything wrong. My point was that borderline HOF candidates are not served by playing for more teams over their careers in any sport. He left because he got his panties in a bunch because BB did not value him as high as he believed . His Agent went and explored opportunities and found that the value that BB placed on him was the same as the rest of the league. He then left the pats for about 15% more money (without incl Patriot incentives) to sign with the broncos. I wish him all the luck in the world except for when he plays the pats.

Welker is a wonderful football player that just clashed with BB. This clash even predates him benching Welker for comments about Rex's personal life with the feet joke and his subsequent benching for the first series.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    This is pathetic, every year we talk about the Pats and how they are done because they lost a particular player, or someone is getting old. Year after year they prove us wrong by winning the division and being a strong favorate to get to the SB. I would take their record over the past 10 years over ours any day. Now talk of Brady's arm and Gronk's health, Welker leaving. When has any of this stopped the Pats, it hasn't.

All need to stop specating on the Pats demise as nothing in the past has proven that they will not play up to the caliber they have played over the past years.

We are so desperate for the Pats downfall that we spew unfounded facts of their impending demise. how about we stop waiting for the compitition to come down to us and we go up and get it.

Whaaaaaaaa!!!!!! That what we sound like

Too many Mets fans here.

They don't know how to behave like Yankees fans do.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Too many Mets fans here.

They don't know how to behave like Yankees fans do.

SAR I
    Mets fans,,,,, is that like the Islanders, I didn't know we had minor league fans trolling here, lol.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, a friggn' moral victory by keeping the score close.

Jets are 0-4 against the Pats in their most recent games, soon to be 0-6 after 2013.
    That may turn out to be true, but you always seem to bite off more than you can chew when it comes to your Patriot predictions