Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Sooo...

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Yeah, shoot the Doctor because Tanny made the team sick.

    Idzik is going about his job in the right way.

    Tanny sprayed money around like a drunken sailor.
    It's a good way to put it.

    The BIGGEST mistake by Tannenbaum was somehow, someway giving a player with 3 years on his contract the ability to NOT get franchised! That is why we will lose Revis - Revis like players are the reason the franchise tag exists. This are no words to describe how terrible that single move was.

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The retardidness continues!

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    We lost DeVito, Scott, Pouha, Pace, Bell already and are about to lose Revis and Landry as well.
    On offense we lost Keller and Greene.

    Great job so far Idzik!
    Please root for another team. Thank you.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Here we go. The stupidity continues.

    +1

    Apparently we suck and have the least talent in the entire universe with basically a franchise doomed to at least 3 decades of rebuilding but it's a disaster because our 35 year old stop-gap safety and one -dimensional 2 down D-Linemen have gone.

    Bonkers

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    We lost DeVito, Scott, Pouha, Pace, Bell already and are about to lose Revis and Landry as well.
    On offense we lost Keller and Greene.

    Great job so far Idzik!
    I didn't hear we lost Keller, is that true?

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Please root for another team. Thank you.
    LOL! So acerbic, yet flawlessly succinct and polite. Kudos.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I didn't hear we lost Keller, is that true?
    Not yet, but soon.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The only guy who isn't old and on the decline is Devito and he got a sick offer that we could never match...
    And we drafted his replacement already in Coples

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    We lost DeVito, Scott, Pouha, Pace, Bell already and are about to lose Revis and Landry as well.
    On offense we lost Keller and Greene.

    Great job so far Idzik!
    actually yeah, it is a great job. Idzik is allowing us to rebuild which is what we need.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Not yet, but soon.
    Yea, I Just looked it up, Idzik needs to get on the horn to Keller and at least see what they're offering...I like Keller and I think we need him around, the other guys being gone doesn't bother me but we need Keller back

  11. #31
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yea, I Just looked it up, Idzik needs to get on the horn to Keller and at least see what they're offering...I like Keller and I think we need him around, the other guys being gone doesn't bother me but we need Keller back
    Simple answer: He's going to cost money that the organization does not want to spend at the moment

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yea, I Just looked it up, Idzik needs to get on the horn to Keller and at least see what they're offering...I like Keller and I think we need him around, the other guys being gone doesn't bother me but we need Keller back
    Curious, what do you think the Jets max offer should be.?

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I agree. But We still have to get some replacements for these players.
    Or do you really want to be Powell to be our starter at RB? Cumberland starting TE? Bush and Allen our starting safeties? Ellis starting DT? McIntyre starting OLB?
    Thats what worries me
    Powell...he'll yeah why not?
    Cumberland?..what exactly does Keller do that JC can't match?
    Bush and Allen?.... Well yeah,that's what we drafted them for.
    Ellis?...damn right I want him starting
    You would've at one point probably have made the same post asking whether we wanted to turn over a starting berth to an unknown and untested Erik Coleman,Kerry Rhodes or Jerricho Cotchery.How will we ever know what we have until we play them?

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,607
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE IT.

    Will not miss one of those guys.

    CLEANING HOUSE

    HELL YEAH

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    It's a good way to put it.

    The BIGGEST mistake by Tannenbaum was somehow, someway giving a player with 3 years on his contract the ability to NOT get franchised! That is why we will lose Revis - Revis like players are the reason the franchise tag exists. This are no words to describe how terrible that single move was.
    I don't know. Extending Sanchez for no reason might have been worse.

  16. #36
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I agree. But We still have to get some replacements for these players.
    Or do you really want to be Powell to be our starter at RB? Cumberland starting TE? Bush and Allen our starting safeties? Ellis starting DT? McIntyre starting OLB?
    Thats what worries me
    We will replace through the draft and later in free agency! We will draft in the 4th or 5th round to pair and pair him or McKnight with Powell. Cumberland is not a bad starting TE, Bush and Allen as our safeties I am a little leery about but we will address that in the draft or later in FA. Ellis was eventually going to start at DT and I dont know about you guys but I really like McIntyres play towards the end of last season. i wouldnt mind giving him a shot starting at OLB

  17. #37
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I don't know. Extending Sanchez for no reason might have been worse.
    That move in my book goes down as one of the worst GM decisions of all time and probably the worst in Jets history. We are saddled with a QB making 8.25M next year who was the 35th ranked QB in the league. You can't make this stuff up

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Curious, what do you think the Jets max offer should be.?
    I dont think Miami is going to break the bank for him, either...I'd give him 2.5 - 3 mil a year for 3 - 4 years

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    That move in my book goes down as one of the worst GM decisions of all time and probably the worst in Jets history. We are saddled with a QB making 8.25M next year who was the 35th ranked QB in the league. You can't make this stuff up
    Agreed, Tanny's all time blunder

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    That move in my book goes down as one of the worst GM decisions of all time and probably the worst in Jets history. We are saddled with a QB making 8.25M next year who was the 35th ranked QB in the league. You can't make this stuff up
    LOL. Neil O'Donnell says hi.

    At the time of the deal it made a lot of sense. Still might.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us