Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sooo...

All League
    This has been one of the best free agency periods we have had in a decade!!! Not jumping on the first 2 day overpriced guys.....doing nothing but cutting bums never felt sooooo good!!! Keep it up izzy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. Neil O'Donnell says hi.

At the time of the deal it made a lot of sense. Still might.
    I hope you're not talking about the Sanchez deal. Whenever Tannenbaum does n interview he keeps bringing up that he gave him the deal becuse Sanchez scored 32TDs that year (26 passing/6 rushing). I'm sorry but you can't ignore turnovers in which I believe he had 26 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    LOVE IT.

Will not miss one of those guys.

CLEANING HOUSE

HELL YEAH
    Jets are going to get a bunch of comp picks as well. Nothing spectacular, but a few that will be like bonus picks.

All the players we lost are replaceable easily except for Landry...

Pace - slow as molassas in the dead of winter

Devito - got big from grandmas cooking and was a feel good story as a UDFA, dime a dozen type

Scott - big mouthed, washed up

Bell - nice player but old for position

Greene - liked him, but got slow the last couple of years. Also misses the holes

Keller - def not the Gronk, too undersized for what he will get paid

Slauson/Moore - thanks for a bunch of decent years, last two not so good

Landry - sucks to lose him... Was fun to watch in person

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    That move in my book goes down as one of the worst GM decisions of all time and probably the worst in Jets history. We are saddled with a QB making 8.25M next year who was the 35th ranked QB in the league. You can't make this stuff up
    You cannot be serious....one of the worst GM moves of all time?? Worst move by a Jets GM ever?? There is so much fail in your post that I don't even know where to start. Did you just become a Jets fan last year?

I understand you're probably upset because the Jets haven't broken the bank on any free agents yet, but to make assinine statements like that is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    You cannot be serious....one of the worst GM moves of all time?? Worst move by a Jets GM ever?? There is so much fail in your post that I don't even know where to start. Did you just become a Jets fan last year?

I understand you're probably upset because the Jets haven't broken the bank on any free agents yet, but to make assinine statements like that is just dumb.
    so tell me whats worst because I don't see worst than overpaying for a guy who is the worst in the league at his position. You can grossly overpay for a guy who is good at his position or even decent. But to overpay for a guy who has backups who are better than him...I just don't see any worse

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    All the players we lost are replaceable easily except for Landry...

Pace - slow as molassas in the dead of winter

Devito - got big from grandmas cooking and was a feel good story as a UDFA, dime a dozen type

Scott - big mouthed, washed up

Bell - nice player but old for position

Greene - liked him, but got slow the last couple of years. Also misses the holes

Keller - def not the Gronk, too undersized for what he will get paid

Slauson/Moore - thanks for a bunch of decent years, last two not so good

Landry - sucks to lose him... Was fun to watch in person
    Landry was fun to watch but he too is easily replaceable....he isn't that good against the pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Idzik's only job right now is to secure the #1 pick in the 2014 draft and grab a franchise qb. Why is this so hard for you guys to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Yeah, shoot the Doctor because Tanny made the team sick.

Idzik is going about his job in the right way.

Tanny sprayed money around like a drunken sailor.
    Agreed

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    You dont seem to understand the concept of a rebuild. Tannenbaum left us in a bad spot and now everything must be torn down
    uh... us?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Not really.. But if we let him go at least bring in a replacement. I hear nothing about FA signings from the Jets.
    We're not gonna be able to replace 9 starters from the last 3 years through the draft
    Free agency started a day ago......

All League
    We didn't actually lose Keller yet right? I thought he would be resigned, not that it would be that devastating if we didn't .

Veteran
    I am excited that a new era (hopefully not error) is beginning. Most of the players we just let go or who are free agents were incredibly overrated to begin with and well past their primes. We need to bring young, hungry, talented and coachable players who are not tainted by the "circus" insanity of the last two years.