Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am loving the Jets front office right now

All Pro

I am loving the Jets front office right now

For the 1st time in quite sometime i am excited to be a Jet fan. If the Jets find a way to dump a certain QB or 2, i might injure myself with excitement. There's a muzzle on a certain loud mouth HC and the team is getting rid of their old guard while not going out and spending on someone else's old guard.

It's about time.

Hall Of Fame
    If the Jets find a way to dump Sanchez and Tebow AND sign Pollard I will find out what it is like to be Ray.

Veteran
    +1

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    For the 1st time in quite sometime i am excited to be a Jet fan. If the Jets find a way to dump a certain QB or 2, i might injure myself with excitement. There's a muzzle on a certain loud mouth HC and the team is getting rid of their old guard while not going out and spending on someone else's old guard.

It's about time.
    @MMehtaNYDN: Nine days ago, Rex Ryan said: "The New York Jets are a team many players want to play for if not all." #nyj
    Hes warming up.

All Pro
    C'mon with the hyperbole Tin - 'for the first time' - we were in the AFCCG 2 seasons ago. All of us were excited not that long ago.

I understand the spirit of the post but let's keep our feet on the ground.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    C'mon with the hyperbole Tin - 'for the first time' - we were in the AFCCG 2 seasons ago. All of us were excited not that long ago.

I understand the spirit of the post but let's keep our feet on the ground.
    I enjoyed the ride, but i didn't like the direction of the team. I was never a fan of Mark Sanchez. I don't like my HC running off at the Mouth like a faucet. I actually liked Tanny before he joined up with Rex.

I am a fan of the Old American West. During that period, there was something that looked alot like gold and cost many a man his life. The problem was when you took it to the experts, you found out Iron Pirite was worthless.

The Rex Ryan Jets are Iron Pirite.

The sooner he's gone the better. The sooner his QB is gone the better. The sooner his stench leaves my Jets the better. The reason why i am liking this New front office is because i see a New improved Mike Tannenbaum running the Jets .

Congratulations are in order for not signing anyone? Given the limited cap space that seems like setting the bar very low.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Congratulations are in order for not signing anyone? Given the limited cap space that seems like setting the bar very low.
    But we did sign some players. We added a QB , resigned our FB and have tendered 2 key free agents which should keep them on the team. Coincedentally, all these signings happen to be on the offensive side of the ball.

Dumbest post I have ever read. Your ok with your team giving up on a season in a league that preaches parity? They are losing starters left and right and trying to trade the best defensive player in a generation and you like the direction. What are you going to say now that they're building through the draft? They will need 45 picks at this rate you can't draft a whole team

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Dumbest post I have ever read. Your ok with your team giving up on a season in a league that preaches parity? They are losing starters left and right and trying to trade the best defensive player in a generation and you like the direction. What are you going to say now that they're building through the draft? They will need 45 picks at this rate you can't draft a whole team
    Thank u for your contribution to the thread. . By the way, what starter did we lose that you want back ?

It's a little hard to sit through right now but all the best teams don't participate in the free agent frenzy and I really believe the jets are doing the right thing. Let's sign some role players and build through the draft.

Keller, devito, when laundry goes ill miss him. Same with bell. And oh yea revis when he's gone by Saturday. Team was in the championship game two years ago but now we should admire this handy work tanking a whole season

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    It's a little hard to sit through right now but all the best teams don't participate in the free agent frenzy and I really believe the jets are doing the right thing. Let's sign some role players and build through the draft.
    I know man the broncos signing Peyton manning last year what a mistake should have sat back and built through the draft

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    +1

while sledgehammering the team may well be the correct thing to do at this point it is hard to say it makes me "excited to be a Jets fan".

They have no direction or leadership. And they constantly lie to the fans while charging insane prices for tickets. And some people on this board like the direction. By the way were building through the draft with a guy who's never drafted a player and a coach with a laundry list of bad picks

Getting Mark Sanchez off the books in 2013 alone would make this a positive season. This is a rebuilding year, through and through. Swallow the cap hits and angle to draft/acquire a franchise QB for 2014 and beyond.
    They will be below .500 and Rex will likely be gone and Idzik will bring in one of his guys.
    It's a shame, Rex is such a good defensive coach to have but he's a total liability on offense. I don't think he'll get a second head coaching gig unless if it's with a top 5 QB who can do everything on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    I know man the broncos signing Peyton manning last year what a mistake should have sat back and built through the draft
    The great teams mostly only spend big on a free agent when they see a rare opportunity or a perfect fit. Peyton manning is a great example of this. The packers, giants, steelers and generally the patriots do things this way.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It's about time.
    2-14 never felt so good.

SAR I

It's about time.
    We all loved it when Tanny was Trader Mike and searching under every stone and getting great return on his trades.

We all loved it when Rex was fat and bombastic and a "breath of fresh air".

I agree with you, but let's be realistic, as soon as we are used to the "new" we'll want a new "new".