Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am loving the Jets front office right now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Dumbest post I have ever read. Your ok with your team giving up on a season in a league that preaches parity? They are losing starters left and right and trying to trade the best defensive player in a generation and you like the direction. What are you going to say now that they're building through the draft? They will need 45 picks at this rate you can't draft a whole team
    Ever, you mean like EVER, the whole last 2 days youve been a member?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing thats stands btwn us and the #1 pick in the 2014 draft is the arizona cardinals.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The only thing thats stands btwn us and the #1 pick in the 2014 draft is the arizona cardinals.
    Have you taken a look at the Raiders lately?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Keller, devito, when laundry goes ill miss him. Same with bell. And oh yea revis when he's gone by Saturday. Team was in the championship game two years ago but now we should admire this handy work tanking a whole season
    Keller: 1 dimentional TE who's about to make more than he's worth. We should have never traded up into the 1st round for this player.

Devito: Lunch pale guy who's about to be replace full time by the player drafted in the 1st round last yr. Where we supposed to pay him to sit on the bench .

Landry: Solid SS who will be missed, but he showed us what we needed to compete against the soft zone in the NFL. We need to find an enforcer who can run some.

Bell: I wanted Bell back, but only to play the position Landry played last yr.

Revis: Love the player and would love to keep him. You can't have a $15mil CB on a team that isn't ready to challenge seriously. He does more good to us giving us picks. We just gotta use them wisely.

Sometimes to move forward, u gotta go backwards first. When we got Herm we won immediately, but it ended badly. Same with Mangini and Rex Ryan. It's time to make chicken salad out of chicken instead the excrement of the chicken.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tear it down and build it up, the seats have been sold.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    We all loved it when Tanny was Trader Mike and searching under every stone and getting great return on his trades.

We all loved it when Rex was fat and bombastic and a "breath of fresh air".

I agree with you, but let's be realistic, as soon as we are used to the "new" we'll want a new "new".
    Dude, I think Herm and Bradway had a great plan. They just were sabbotaged by ownership. I have no problem with continuity if it makes sense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Keller: 1 dimentional TE who's about to make more than he's worth. We should have never traded up into the 1st round for this player.

Devito: Lunch pale guy who's about to be replace full time by the player drafted in the 1st round last yr. Where we supposed to pay him to sit on the bench .

Landry: Solid SS who will be missed, but he showed us what we needed to compete against the soft zone in the NFL. We need to find an enforcer who can run some.

Bell: I wanted Bell back, but only to play the position Landry played last yr.

Revis: Love the player and would love to keep him. You can't have a $15mil CB on a team that isn't ready to challenge seriously. He does more good to us giving us picks. We just gotta use them wisely.

Sometimes to move forward, u gotta go backwards first. When we got Herm we won immediately, but it ended badly. Same with Mangini and Rex Ryan. It's time to make chicken salad out of chicken instead the excrement of the chicken.
    Agreed; but the key will be A) what Idzik brings back in the inevitable Revis trade and B) how well they draft. The truth of the matter is if we hit a home run in this draft, and make a few shrewd pick ups, we can be competitive this year. I personally am not prepared to give up on the season before it even starts...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    We all loved it when Tanny was Trader Mike and searching under every stone and getting great return on his trades.

We all loved it when Rex was fat and bombastic and a "breath of fresh air".

I agree with you, but let's be realistic, as soon as we are used to the "new" we'll want a new "new".
    A lot of people disagree, but I STILL love all that stuff. I was ecstatic when Tanny acquired Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes. I even liked the idea of getting Tebow, even though I can readily admit now that was a disaster and a half (not necessarily for the reasons everyone originally thought, though). There were moves he made that didn't work out, and contracts that have crippled us, but I'm not going to lie and say "I knew it!", and most fans were pretty happy at the time.

And I personally hope Rex survives this season, no matter how good or bad we do. I'm tired of blowing everything up whenever the going gets tough. I like his personality, his brash, speak-his-mind mentality. I don't believe it's a coincidence that when Rex was at his loudest, we were Super Bowl contenders, and the more he's been silenced, the worse the team has performed.

It came back to bite us having two guys at GM and HC going off willy-nilly, but I like keeping Rex and keeping the Jets HIS team while Idzik can (hopefully) calmly and wisely find players that will excel under Rex. I hope that this is at least partially responsible for the slow offseason thus far.

Just my opinion, though. I know 99% of you vehemently disagree and that's cool, too. No matter what happens, who's playing or who's coaching, I hope we're still competitive this year and thereafter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fine by me, but i happen to think you're wrong. The worst part of my feeling is if what i think will happen happens, REX RYAN will be back next yr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Agreed; but the key will be A) what Idzik brings back in the inevitable Revis trade and B) how well they draft. The truth of the matter is if we hit a home run in this draft, and make a few shrewd pick ups, we can be competitive this year. I personally am not prepared to give up on the season before it even starts...
    It is essential that we draft well this yr. We can rebuild this team in the infrastructure from this draft if we draft well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fine by me, but i happen to think you're wrong. The worst part of my feeling is if what i think will happen happens, REX RYAN will be back next yr.
    No chance. Idzik is going to bring in his boy Darrell Bevel, OC of the seahawks, to be the HC.

Idzik is here to find a franchise qb. Do you think he is going to want rex anywhere near a rookie qb?

Bevell will be the man to groom the qb we draft with the #1 pick in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    A lot of people disagree, but I STILL love all that stuff. I was ecstatic when Tanny acquired Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes. I even liked the idea of getting Tebow, even though I can readily admit now that was a disaster and a half (not necessarily for the reasons everyone originally thought, though). There were moves he made that didn't work out, and contracts that have crippled us, but I'm not going to lie and say "I knew it!", and most fans were pretty happy at the time.

And I personally hope Rex survives this season, no matter how good or bad we do. I'm tired of blowing everything up whenever the going gets tough. I like his personality, his brash, speak-his-mind mentality. I don't believe it's a coincidence that when Rex was at his loudest, we were Super Bowl contenders, and the more he's been silenced, the worse the team has performed.

It came back to bite us having two guys at GM and HC going off willy-nilly, but I like keeping Rex and keeping the Jets HIS team while Idzik can (hopefully) calmly and wisely find players that will excel under Rex. I hope that this is at least partially responsible for the slow offseason thus far.

Just my opinion, though. I know 99% of you vehemently disagree and that's cool, too. No matter what happens, who's playing or who's coaching, I hope we're still competitive this year and thereafter.
    A good HC will have his team prepared and at least competitive every week. You should also see young players develop/improve as the season goes on (like Coples did last season). Let's see if this HC can do that. He didn't last season (3 blow out losses at home & losing to a lame duck HCs team that came from the WC to play a 1:00 game).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    It's a little hard to sit through right now but all the best teams don't participate in the free agent frenzy and I really believe the jets are doing the right thing. Let's sign some role players and build through the draft.
    really?
    pats did
    broncos did
    9ers did
    seahawks did

ravens blew their load on their qb a move they will greatly regret -lost half the team

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is essential that we draft well this yr. We can rebuild this team in the infrastructure from this draft if we draft well.
    Exactly Tin; that is where Idzik is going really earn his salary... or not
    (fingers crossed)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No chance. Idzik is going to bring in his boy Darrell Bevel, OC of the seahawks, to be the HC.

Idzik is here to find a franchise qb. Do you think he is going to want rex anywhere near a rookie qb?

Bevell will be the man to groom the qb we draft with the #1 pick in 2014.
    I think that if the Jets win 6 games next yr Rex Ryan will be back in 2014. I don't like the idea but i can see it happening.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and if the team straightens out and stars winning, who cares? Looking at Cleveland with the young Bellyache in charge, we saw mistakes and losing. Belicheck has turne d it around and maybe WRECKS can too. However at the moment his time management and offensive game plans are reminescent of Herm's.

While he is a Jet I can only hope for the best! I want to win and do not care who the HC or QB is. Winning is the only thing.

Truth be told I wanted WRECKS gone when T was fired. He wasn't so lets hope he can salvage his career with us and makesus into winners!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    really?
    pats did
    broncos did
    9ers did
    seahawks did

ravens blew their load on their qb a move they will greatly regret -lost half the team
    Don't take this the wrong way, but how old are all you water boys ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    really?
    pats did
    broncos did
    9ers did
    seahawks did

Each of those teams were a play or two away from either playing in, or in the case of the 9ers, WINNING the Superbowl. Just like the Jets, no wait....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that if the Jets win 6 games next yr Rex Ryan will be back in 2014. I don't like the idea but i can see it happening.
    Lovie won 10 last year and was canned. Its not about what rex does or doesnt do next year. Just like it didnt matter what lovie did last year. These gms are doing the owners a favor by letting these guys coach one more year so the owner does not have to pay 2 salaries for more then 1 year. Idzik is firing Ryan. The decision has already been made. Its the same situation as the bears last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and if the team straightens out and stars winning, who cares? Looking at Cleveland with the young Bellyache in charge, we saw mistakes and losing. Belicheck has turne d it around and maybe WRECKS can too. However at the moment his time management and offensive game plans are reminescent of Herm's.

While he is a Jet I can only hope for the best! I want to win and do not care who the HC or QB is. Winning is the only thing.

Truth be told I wanted WRECKS gone when T was fired. He wasn't so lets hope he can salvage his career with us and makesus into winners!
    I agree KJ. I personally think Rex is going to his best year coaching especially now that he has a competent OC he can trust. If our young DL comes of age we might actually surprise some people defensively (even without Revis). I can see this team winning anything from 4 to 8 games and possibly 9 if EVERYTHING breaks right (not likely, though).