Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I am loving the Jets front office right now

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    For the 1st time in quite sometime i am excited to be a Jet fan. If the Jets find a way to dump a certain QB or 2, i might injure myself with excitement. There's a muzzle on a certain loud mouth HC and the team is getting rid of their old guard while not going out and spending on someone else's old guard.

It's about time.

(I dont want to speak too soon)

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

(I dont want to speak too soon)
    +2

idzik is changing the culture. playing hardball with revis, rex is silent, team is waiting in FA until they can get better deals.

I like it too. We are starting to behave like a professional team and fat rex has been muzzled. There is no doubt idzik is in control. He's gutting the roster of rex's precious older players that suck and he is going to handle the revis situation too.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    +2

idzik is changing the culture. playing hardball with revis, rex is silent, team is waiting in FA until they can get better deals.
    Well put Aug, Im not surprised, you are one of the best on the board.

For awhile I've been standing on the edge of the ledge leaning forward.

I am very encouraged from what I've seen thus far.

Let's hope it continues.............

All Pro
    Come on Cop, what's not to love. We actually are acting like we have a clue as an organization. It's easier to kick someone's butt if they don't know or think you're capable of doing it.

As of today, nobody knows anything about the Jets outside that organization. Hell, the NFLNW has that reporter camped out in NJ and she doesn't have a clue.

Ya gotta love it.

Hall Of Fame
    Put me down as one who absolutely agrees with the sentiments expressed in the OP.

Baby steps but baby steps in the right direction for the first time in forever.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets finally acting like a real NFL team.... Amazing!!!

And to think some out here are actually against this!!!!

Come on Cop, what's not to love. We actually are acting like we have a clue as an organization. It's easier to kick someone's butt if they don't know or think you're capable of doing it.

As of today, nobody knows anything about the Jets outside that organization. Hell, the NFLNW has that reporter camped out in NJ and she doesn't have a clue.

Ya gotta love it.
    Tinstar, my man, I agree. I am excited from what I've seen thus far. Woody and Rex have not been heard from and Idzik appears to be in control.

I am hesitant to get too excited, too soon. I LOVE Idzik's approach right now. Keeping quiet, and not appearing to show his cards with Revis. He is in control.

IMO, Woody holds the cards in all of this. He has shown, up until the hiring of Idzik, that he was all about the "sizzle" and less about building a true champion. If he reverts back, and Rex starts shooting him mouth and involved in draft decisions then we are done.

Lets keep our fingers crossed

Making it clear that I am on board with Idzik thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The Jets finally acting like a real NFL team.... Amazing!!!

And to think some out here are actually against this!!!!
    Well said CB

My sentiments exactly

Well put Aug, Im not surprised, you are one of the best on the board.

For awhile I've been standing on the edge of the ledge leaning forward.

I am very encouraged from what I've seen thus far.

Let's hope it continues.............
    thx. just love what he's doing - and what he's not doing. i'm predicting he attempts to trade back in the first round, get another pick or two. ultimately i think he will go the BAP route. he appears to have a long-term, big picture approach, won't blink when players leave and won't (can't) overspend.

Jets Insider VIP
    thx. just love what he's doing - and what he's not doing. i'm predicting he attempts to trade back in the first round, get another pick or two. ultimately i think he will go the BAP route. he appears to have a long-term, big picture approach, won't blink when players leave and won't (can't) overspend.
    Yes!!!!

Thank the HEAVENS!!!

Finally a GM with a long term plan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Lovie won 10 last year and was canned. Its not about what rex does or doesnt do next year. Just like it didnt matter what lovie did last year. These gms are doing the owners a favor by letting these guys coach one more year so the owner does not have to pay 2 salaries for more then 1 year. Idzik is firing Ryan. The decision has already been made. Its the same situation as the bears last year.
    Wow , an we talk bad about these media pukes for there speculation. Love to see and use your crystal ball for the power ball numbers and next season SB winner and final score.
    For all the Rex haters, one thing you cannot deny, the man is a fighter, and will not go quietly in to that gentle night. I would have to agree that he has been offensively challenged in the past and his mouth often went ahead of his brain. Yet, Rex is a lot smarter then many people want to admit or see. I honestly believe 2011/12 were huge eye openers for him and it will be reflected in his approach this year.
    I also take into consideration the OC's he has had since being given the job. I think you would have to agree they were less then stellar. This along with the year by year regression of a questionable franchise QB and Rex ends up looking like what many of you perceive him to be.
    Then as a fan of over 45 years, I think about all the times that nothing was expected of this club, and they came to play and bit teams in the ass that were looking right past them
    So I expect Rex to fight like hell to keep his job and have his YOUNG defense ready to fight for him as well. I expect Marty to create an offense that will best use the skills of the personal he is given. A strong point about Marty is he has no great ties to Mr Sanchez and will bench his ass if he starts and plays like the last two years. I also expect he will start the best guy out of camp and not just hand Mark or any other player for that matter the job , who has not earn it.
    So maybe we don't burn up the league this year but those of you who see us winning no more the 4 or 5 games are seriously under estimating both the coaching staff an the players of the NYJets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Wow , an we talk bad about these media pukes for there speculation. Love to see and use your crystal ball for the power ball numbers and next season SB winner and final score.
    For all the Rex haters, one thing you cannot deny, the man is a fighter, and will not go quietly in to that gentle night. I would have to agree that he has been offensively challenged in the past and his mouth often went ahead of his brain. Yet, Rex is a lot smarter then many people want to admit or see. I honestly believe 2011/12 were huge eye openers for him and it will be reflected in his approach this year.
    I also take into consideration the OC's he has had since being given the job. I think you would have to agree they were less then stellar. This along with the year by year regression of a questionable franchise QB and Rex ends up looking like what many of you perceive him to be.
    Then as a fan of over 45 years, I think about all the times that nothing was expected of this club, and they came to play and bit teams in the ass that were looking right past them
    So I expect Rex to fight like hell to keep his job and have his YOUNG defense ready to fight for him as well. I expect Marty to create an offense that will best use the skills of the personal he is given. A strong point about Marty is he has no great ties to Mr Sanchez and will bench his ass if he starts and plays like the last two years. I also expect he will start the best guy out of camp and not just hand Mark or any other player for that matter the job , who has not earn it.
    So maybe we don't burn up the league this year but those of you who see us winning no more the 4 or 5 games are seriously under estimating both the coaching staff an the players of the NYJets.
    Rex has to allow his OC to allow his QB to succeed by 1st failing. The biggest Mistake the Jets made with mark Sanches was not allowing his mistakes and instead cuddling him again and again with those stupid color crads and dumbing down the offense time after time . 4 yrs later the team have no idea what this kid is capable of.

Personally, I never liked the Player. I can say this with the utmost confidence. I like Matt Barkley as a prospect way more than i ever liked Mark Sanchez. I just don't want him for the Jets.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Dumbest post I have ever read. Your ok with your team giving up on a season in a league that preaches parity? They are losing starters left and right and trying to trade the best defensive player in a generation and you like the direction. What are you going to say now that they're building through the draft? They will need 45 picks at this rate you can't draft a whole team
    This is true. In a league where 95% of the teams (without an upper echelon QB) are a few plays/players/coaches between 6-10 and 10-6, you do not gut and tank. I posted it a few times yesterday - don't overpay anybody, don't keep players clearly on the decline, keep young/talented/improving players, have a smart, hard-working coaching staff, improve your passing attack and pass rush, and you can contend.

Gutting and re-building worked in the 1960s-1990s. It was a slower process, and it created feast-or-famine dynasties and forever-losers. Free agency, salary cap and defensive backs not being allowed to hold as much have changed it to a win-now/pass-now/score-now or die league. It also made it so every team that doesn't have an elite QB is searching for/trying to develop one. It also means that all teams are just a few plays away from making or missing the playoffs. It also means the only teams that lose every year are TEAMS THAT GUT THEIR ROSTERS AND COACHING STAFFS EVERY 2-4 years in HOPES OF DRAFTING TOM BRADY/PAYTON MANNING and NEVER drafting him or getting a HOF Coach and never getting one! If you purposefully tank, you do it because there is a once-in-a-decade QB, or else you DO NOT do it.

Stop comparing us to last year's Colts... they had massive injuries, tanked, got LUCK (who may be great, and was pretty good his 1st year, but there's plenty years ahead to find out) and had a LAST PLACE schedule, which put them into a 1st-round playoff exit. They probably miss the playoffs next year with a tougher schedule and without the feel-good sick coach story to inspire them (and the refs and fans). And, we didn't tank so bad that we had the 1st overall pick every round, nor the last place schedule either, do we? And although we are long-suffering, we never capture the hearts and minds of the other team's fans and refs. And, never forget, as poor as we played last year, we still stomped them pretty good. Guess we don't $uck too bad, huh?

Once upon a time, we drafted a pretty good Sanchez... until bad OC/QB coaching, occasionally bad O-lines, not enough WRs (and injured ones), and a media and fan base crushing and cursing him daily may have turned him into another on a long list of QBs with potential that NY ran out of town. Kid's a basket case and he doesn't have to be. He lost his confidence and was crushed by bad talent around him and fans that despise him and boo him before he throws 1 pass. He may be done, as this is probably his last shot and we'll find out, but he wasn't always bad. Jets fans seem to have long memories with the bad, and short memories with the good.

I'm trusting our new GM, I'm being patient with his calm, cool, collected approach, and I agree with letting the aging LBs and Greene walk, but it hurts to lose Landry, it will hurt if we lose Keller unless we replace them or else we'll get worse. If we trade Revis - a once-in-a-generation talent - it NEEDS to be for a 1 Rd pick and a few other goodies (draft picks and/or young players), or else we get worse. We are making NEW holes on top of the old ones and REPLACING NONE OF THEM. You can't draft starters IN EVERY ROUND, EVERY YEAR. WTF is wrong with you guys who think that EVERY year! If we don't replace these guys we're losing, we will be the worst team in the league when you don't NEED to be.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 03-14-2013 at 01:06 PM.

All Pro
    After scanning over that last post, i feel the need to amend something here. Just because i am excited by the way this GM is going about reshaping the Jets, doesn't mean that i am expecting the team to tank the season in 2013.

Gentlemen and Ladies we won 6 games in the 2012 season with a subpar QB, a subpar Running game behind terrible interior offensive line play and with a non existant linebacking core.

Presently, all we have done is remove the garbage that represented all those issues. The 1 area where we will be difficient is at SS and forgive me, but it's march. The team i expect to walk onto the field to start the season will have all the good players from last yr infused with young talent and hopefully some young vets who will be stepping out of the shadows of older Vets that prevented them from displaying their abilities fulltime.

I expect the Jets to either Match or exceed what the team accomplish last yr in wins. The truly sad part is that probably means Rex Ryan gets a contract extension.

After scanning over that last post, i feel the need to amend something here. Just because i am excited by the way this GM is going about reshaping the Jets, doesn't mean that i am expecting the team to tank the season in 2013.

Gentlemen and Ladies we won 6 games in the 2012 season with a subpar QB, a subpar Running game behind terrible interior offensive line play and with a non existant linebacking core.

Presently, all we have done is remove the garbage that represented all those issues. The 1 area where we will be difficient is at SS and forgive me, but it's march. The team i expect to walk onto the field to start the season will have all the good players from last yr infused with young talent and hopefully some young vets who will be stepping out of the shadows of older Vets that prevented them from displaying their abilities fulltime.

I expect the Jets to either Match or exceed what the team accomplish last yr in wins. The truly sad part is that probably means Rex Ryan gets a contract extension.
    So they can exceed last years record even though they have lost two starters on the offensive line. Two on the d line. Both safeties. Starting tight end. Both olb's and the same quarterback who struggled now learning a new system and also I forgot they lost their starting running back. So with our seven picks we have to fill 12 holes. Also our best offensive weapon in the roster is coming off a season ending surgery. Anyone else feeling a .500 season or better?

Hall Of Fame

I agree with this. (except the sad to see Rex stay part, I like Rex. )

I agree 100%. I would love to see them trade down.

If Woody stays out of this we have a chance.

The Favre and Tebow trades have me skeptical that Woody can stay out of football matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yes!!!!

Thank the HEAVENS!!!

Finally a GM with a long term plan!!!

Keep the faith CB, its all we can do!

I agree 100%. I would love to see them trade down.

If Woody stays out of this we have a chance.

The Favre and Tebow trades have me skeptical that Woody can stay out of football matters.
    yet most of the big moves they've made wound up hurting them. trading up for sanchez. farve was more trouble than he was worth b/c of his scandal. braylon was good but also was trouble. holmes, trouble. tebow, trouble. maybe woody has learned to step back and let this guy do his thing. maybe he told rex to do the same.