Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am loving the Jets front office right now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and if the team straightens out and stars winning, who cares? Looking at Cleveland with the young Bellyache in charge, we saw mistakes and losing. Belicheck has turne d it around and maybe WRECKS can too. However at the moment his time management and offensive game plans are reminescent of Herm's.

While he is a Jet I can only hope for the best! I want to win and do not care who the HC or QB is. Winning is the only thing.

Truth be told I wanted WRECKS gone when T was fired. He wasn't so lets hope he can salvage his career with us and makesus into winners!
    KJ, i wish i could believe that. That guy is Buddy's son, and i don't ever see him changing.

It would be awsome to be proven wrong.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious to see how this strategy works out. I don't remember a team in the NFL buying a championship like the Yankees did in MLB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Thank u for your contribution to the thread. . By the way, what starter did we lose that you want back ?
    Keller

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    A good HC will have his team prepared and at least competitive every week. You should also see young players develop/improve as the season goes on (like Coples did last season). Let's see if this HC can do that. He didn't last season (3 blow out losses at home & losing to a lame duck HCs team that came from the WC to play a 1:00 game).
    This!!!!

There were times when the Jets were just awful last year and Rex and his development of the key player on the team has been ABYSMAL with the most important player on the team in Sanchez!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and if the team straightens out and stars winning, who cares? Looking at Cleveland with the young Bellyache in charge, we saw mistakes and losing. Belicheck has turne d it around and maybe WRECKS can too. However at the moment his time management and offensive game plans are reminescent of Herm's.

While he is a Jet I can only hope for the best! I want to win and do not care who the HC or QB is. Winning is the only thing.

Truth be told I wanted WRECKS gone when T was fired. He wasn't so lets hope he can salvage his career with us and makesus into winners!
    Herm's offense with Hackett in charge never looked as bad as Rex's offense has over the last two years. I would argue even with Brooks Bollinger at the helm the Jets didn't look as uncompetive as they did at times last year.

Last year was a disgrace!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-13-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Keller, devito, when laundry goes ill miss him. Same with bell. And oh yea revis when he's gone by Saturday. Team was in the championship game two years ago but now we should admire this handy work tanking a whole season
    I'd rather go 4-12 and watch young talent develop then go 6-10 and watch overpaid retreads underachieve.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe the jets won't be able to find adequate replacements for the starters who are gone but at the same time quite a few were free agents and were just not playing up to their salaries. and how many times have we seen teams (and sometimes the jets) come into the season with a who bunch of no names and do well? every season just about. this is where the coaches will earn their money. rex goes 8-8, he should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Dumbest post I have ever read. Your ok with your team giving up on a season in a league that preaches parity? They are losing starters left and right and trying to trade the best defensive player in a generation and you like the direction. What are you going to say now that they're building through the draft? They will need 45 picks at this rate you can't draft a whole team

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Lovie won 10 last year and was canned. Its not about what rex does or doesnt do next year. Just like it didnt matter what lovie did last year. These gms are doing the owners a favor by letting these guys coach one more year so the owner does not have to pay 2 salaries for more then 1 year. Idzik is firing Ryan. The decision has already been made. Its the same situation as the bears last year.
    Lovie was fired because his teams constantly underachieved ever since losing the Superbowl to Indy.

Last seasons epic meltdown just sealed the deal. The Bears started off 7-0 and still failed to make the playoffs.

There are zero expectations for this team this year. Unless this team totally falls apart (locker room turmoil, etc) then Rex will be back next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Congratulations are in order for not signing anyone? Given the limited cap space that seems like setting the bar very low.
    Look at the free agents the Jets are being bashed by the media for not overpaying to resign:

Keller - TE who can't block

Shonn Greene - mediocre 2 down back who was outplayed by scrubs like McKnight and Powell last year

Mike Devito - decent run stuffing DE, Coples is starting anyway next year

Yeremiah Bell - JAG Safety who only looked good last season b/c Jets fans are used to watching Eric Smith get burnt every game

And there are a ton of good FA's available this year who are better and cheaper.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ever, you mean like EVER, the whole last 2 days youve been a member?
    Clean your screen and check out the member since under my id. Get a clue

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    I'd rather go 4-12 and watch young talent develop then go 6-10 and watch overpaid retreads underachieve.
    Except your front office is telling your fans they are trying to put a compatible teAm on the field not develop players for the long haul

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller: 1 dimentional TE who's about to make more than he's worth. We should have never traded up into the 1st round for this player.

Devito: Lunch pale guy who's about to be replace full time by the player drafted in the 1st round last yr. Where we supposed to pay him to sit on the bench .

Landry: Solid SS who will be missed, but he showed us what we needed to compete against the soft zone in the NFL. We need to find an enforcer who can run some

Bell: I wanted Bell back, but only to play the position Landry played last yr.

Revis: Love the player and would love to keep him. You can't have a $15mil CB on a team that isn't ready to challenge seriously. He does more good to us giving us picks. We just gotta use them wisely.

Sometimes to move forward, u gotta go backwards first. When we got Herm we won immediately, but it ended badly. Same with Mangini and Rex Ryan. It's time to make chicken salad out of chicken instead the excrement of the chicken.
    Keller will be productive in the right system and everyone was crying depth last year so now we have no d line rotation. Any you can pay revis 12-14 million a year because we're only paying or quarterback 8 million. Stop blindly agreeing with everything this franchise is doing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a couple of years the Jets will have zero problems re-signing their players.

As long as they begin to draft better than they have in the last few years.

Despite what everyone says, drafts like 2008 & 2009.

Only 1 player is still here from the entire 2008 and 2009 drafts combined.

Mark Sanchez. That's unacceptable. There are players that the Jets are drafting that they can't keep for whatever reason.

Tannenbaum and company really screwed up. That's unsat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little premature IMO. Idzik did a good job getting us out of salary cap hell, but what the hell are we going to do in reference to players. Are we even going to field a team for 2013? I'm beginning to wonder.

I thought for sure the Jets would get Devito back. What about Landry? What about Keller?

I'm happy with Idzik getting our financials back in order, but we need to get going with signing some players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    In a couple of years the Jets will have zero problems re-signing their players.

As long as they begin to draft better than they have in the last few years.

Despite what everyone says, drafts like 2008 & 2009.

Only 1 player is still here from the entire 2008 and 2009 drafts combined.

Mark Sanchez. That's unacceptable. There are players that the Jets are drafting that they can't keep for whatever reason.

Tannenbaum and company really screwed up. That's unsat.
    But the Sports Pope, on during the afternoons on WFAN, blessed us with the wisdom that the Jets' drafts were fine until Rex Ryan got here. He preached that the demise of the franchise happened because Ryan was allowed to pick personnel. Was Rex the head coach in 2008 and 2009?

This homily was given after he said that Rex Ryan was still in full control of personnel decisions today, even after Idzik was hired. And of course, any defensive minded head coach who was coaching on a need to win basis would tell the GM to trade a franchise player on defense plus not resign some of the best players on his defense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could not agree more, the last two years we have been garbage, missed the playoffs and its been like a kick in the stones knowing its happening with overpaid vets who don't give a ****.

If we miss the playoffs and go 6-10 next year, lets do it watching young hungry players and playing some attractive ball.

I can live with that while we build.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather go 0-16 and watch young talent develop then go 6-10 and watch overpaid retreads underachieve.
    Fixed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Look at the free agents the Jets are being bashed by the media for not overpaying to resign:

Keller - TE who can't block

Shonn Greene - mediocre 2 down back who was outplayed by scrubs like McKnight and Powell last year

Mike Devito - decent run stuffing DE, Coples is starting anyway next year

Yeremiah Bell - JAG Safety who only looked good last season b/c Jets fans are used to watching Eric Smith get burnt every game

And there are a ton of good FA's available this year who are better and cheaper.
    Laron Landry says hello ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you not love what this new guy has done thus far.

He has gotten rid of the garbage on the roster that he could have without crippling our cap.

He's not signing any old warriors looking for that final payday.

He's not giving away our best asset without exhausting the opportunity to get the best value.

He's looking for young cheap freeagents who has character and has shown something on the field.

He's keeping the Media guessing at to what the Jets are doing.

He has Rex Ryan somewhat quiet .(sidebar) Dear god please let this continue.

Only 1 thing is left.

If this guy pulls off a successful 1st draft, i nominate him for NYS Govenor.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you not love what this new guy has done thus far.

He has gotten rid of the garbage on the roster that he could have without crippling our cap.

He's not signing any old warriors looking for that final payday.

He's not giving away our best asset without exhausting the opportunity to get the best value.

He's looking for young cheap freeagents who has character and has shown something on the field.

He's keeping the Media guessing at to what the Jets are doing.

He has Rex Ryan somewhat quiet .(sidebar) Dear god please let this continue.

Only 1 thing is left.

If this guy pulls off a successful 1st draft, i nominate him for NYS Govenor.
    Agreed on all points, T.

Also, with the deliberate, patient way he's operating, I see him trading down in the draft as well. Anti-Tannyism at its finest.