Thread: Jets beat writer - twitter

Jets beat writer - twitter

Who is the best, or least douchey, Jets beat writer on twitter?

thats a tough one, I cant stand those sarcastic miserable SOBs. Keeping up with the Jets news on Twitter is really tough right now, I dont understand why they feel the need to take a dig at the team in every single tweet. Theres not much we can do, mehta and cimini are really only the two jets reporters right now.

Orr (@ConorTOrr)

All League
    Bart Hubbuch. At least he's funny. Manish And Cimini just come across as douches. I wonder if they're mostly followed by Giants' fans. Can't figure out how it's beneficial to schidt on the jets so much.

Hall Of Fame
    Connor Orr.

But he is simply the best of a bunch of throwaways.

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN

he doesnt tweet as much as the other guys but I never see him take unnecessary shots at the Jets and he is pretty straight forward

All Pro
    That's like asking who's the thinnest girl at the fat farm. You might get an answer but it won't be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Orr (@ConorTOrr)
    +1

I like Coz the most.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I like Coz the most.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed I go to Coz first always... Cimini and Mehta are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by how dare you View Post
    Who is the best, or least douchey, Jets beat writer on twitter?
    It's a no brainer

Cimini is the absolute worst. With every tweet, his MO is to tweak Jets fans. It's unprofessional and completely arrogant, and it's astonishing that he is allowed to play out his schtick.

Manish is bitter and scorned, and has gotten just as bad as Cimini, his vendetta against the Jets is obvious.

Kim from Newsday has become annoying of late as she just seems to follow along and piggy back off of Cimini and Manish, rarely does she have any scoop or info, and in general, she's just annoying.

The AP Jets guy Dennis Waz? He's outstanding, usually stays away from the BS that Manish and Cimini throw out, and seems to make an effort to connect to fans and bring them off the ledge.

Orr from the Ledger is good, also stays away from the BS, just reports, which is what they should all be doing, there is no agenda, no schtick, no personal vengeance. He does from time to time throw out a good article like Vrentas used to do. Vrentas was the best and she is dearly missed IMO.

Brian Coz from the Post, he can go both ways, can be douchey, but he does have the capacity to provide the substance at the level of Vrentas and Orr. He comes off as a bit lacking about player talents and overall knowledge of the game.

I disagree on Cimini .. He USED to be the worst .... This past year he has gotten pretty ok ... Mehta on the other hand ..... Wtf.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Agreed I go to Coz first always... Cimini and Mehta are terrible
    Agreed. Costello isn't afraid to call things out, either. He's taken digs at other "reporters", which I appreciate.

I've seen Cimini interviewed a couple of times and I am convinced that he is better when being interviewed than writing and tweeting. Less caustic and a little more upbeat about the Jets than in the written word.

The only ones I follow are Conor Orr and K Mart, unless you count Glauber of Newsday and Judy Battista of NYT, who are technically NFL beat writers.

As far as Mehta is concerned, I have a feeling this is a Daily News thing, which would explain why Cimini has not been as bad since he switched to ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerricho89 View Post
    The only ones I follow are Conor Orr and K Mart, unless you count Glauber of Newsday and Judy Battista of NYT, who are technically NFL beat writers.

As far as Mehta is concerned, I have a feeling this is a Daily News thing, which would explain why Cimini has not been as bad since he switched to ESPN.
    Just look at the DN. They are trying to be TMZ like.